Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Kit Kat's OG Kush Round 2, the Perpetual vScrog

Thread Title Search
Kit Kat's OG Kush Round 2, the Perpetual vScrog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2013, 05:08 AM #11
Kit Kat

Kit Kat will become famous soon enoughKit Kat will become famous soon enough
Alien Dawg, thanks man! Glad to have you kickin' it around the thread.

g0g0g0, honored your 4th post and first outside your thread is in here. =)

FlowerFarmer, I can't thank you enough. Swapping my muffler location seriously cut down on the obvious heavy fan/air noises. The fan itself and the air wooshing through the duct are still loud, but when I'm at the top of the steps it sounds like the furnace is on and not something obviously moving a metric fuck ton of air. Next up is swapping the crap duct run out with insulated and seeing what that does.

Edit: Whoa, it's actually so quiet now that the noises I'm hearing are the whine from the 4" fan exhausting my veg tent. Holy shit. I unplugged the 4" and with the door shut it's pretty damn quiet.

Spent a bit of time after work and stuck the pond liner in place, it's a little uneven, but unfortunately is the floor and the squaring of the walls itself. The more I poke around this house the more I realize whoever did most've the work was very much of the "Fuck it, looks good enough" school of thought.

Ladies are bushing out nicely now, they've been on the screens for about two days or so and I've already had to start bending tops down. The VPD symptoms are subsiding, and since I didn't do a 2.0EC precharge of my coco it took awhile for that to settle down as well. Hand watered them all with the remainder of the calmag boosted water, after this no more calmag.

And here's the next round - also suffering a little (so bloody light green here) because of the lack of precharge, but I can take it easy on these and give them a bit of time.

Next up (probably tomorrow) is building a 30" stand for the 32g trashcan that'll be my blumat res and running the line to the first light. Once the blumats are installed I'm going to flip, last time I did so at about 12-14" and got plants 36-40" tall when stretch finished without screens.

Does anyone know of a replacement for that shitty black blumat feed line tubing that's flexible? I seriously hate working with it and would love anything else that isn't such a pain in the ass.

Edit: Found this post by Se˝or Chang about a flexible silicone hose in the blumat thread, gonna start the order process and stick with the crap black line for the first go through.

Here's the post prior:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se˝or Chang View Post
I wanted to check in and report my findings to the blumat group.
I'd been curious about silicone rubber tubing for the feed lines and not just the drip lines.
I located a vendor and have purchased their .224 ID silicone flexible tubing.
It fits all of the blumat parts and works like a champ.
It is infinately better than working with the black 8mm feed lines.
If you have been contemplating a change, I can heartily recommend flexible silicone tubing.
Kit Kat is offline Quote

Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 PM #12
Kit Kat

Weekend got away from me unfortunately, so today is the first day of flower - they're in the dark cycle now, between 7am and 7pm. The screens were almost halfway full by the time I got around to this so I'm hoping they don't get too out of hand.

I'm pretty pleased with the temperatures down in the basement, it sits at 76 with lights on and 70 lights off with rH swinging between 50-60%. I know this needs to be brought up higher, so the next project will be building a humidifer, probably using bobbleheads design from his now closed thread.

Unfortunately I'm still hand watering, when I went through the blumat box all of my 8mm black line had been chopped up into pieces for the various tent set ups I had previously, with none long enough for the room as it is now. Put an order in for the .224 ID silicone hose above to replace it, and I'll set the blumats up once that arrives.

Post a few pics once the lights come back on and y'all can tell me if I'm screwed or not.
Kit Kat is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 AM #13
Kit Kat

Day 1 Flower

Alrighty, here's day one of flower! Think I'm going to start dumping some water on the liner to get the rH up until I can build a humidifier, they're looking a little pissed that way. Believe this is a bit overvegged too, they got an extra five days I wasn't planning on.

Some single lady shots

Opened it all up

Closed back up
Kit Kat is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM #14
Arminius
"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"

Arminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to allArminius is a name known to all
What are the height on those screens?
I have my tallest plants yet in my closet. The tallest is 4" above the screen. Stretch is just about over though. Looks like I found the optimal veg height after running the USD four times now.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369813162.705689.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	223922
What I plan on doing is adjusting the bulbs to focus on the top portion, and strip the lowers gradually. I am getting a pretty good feel for what stays and goes by now.
Sorry for clogging your thread, but the grow style is very similar

Original Glue #4, GSC Forum Cut, AC/DC (20:1 CBD)
Arminius is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM #15
Kit Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
What are the height on those screens?
I have my tallest plants yet in my closet. The tallest is 4" above the screen. Stretch is just about over though. Looks like I found the optimal veg height after running the USD four times now.
These screens are 36" tall and 24" wide. I suspect they'll be poking up above the top as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
What I plan on doing is adjusting the bulbs to focus on the top portion, and strip the lowers gradually. I am getting a pretty good feel for what stays and goes by now.
Sorry for clogging your thread, but the grow style is very similar
Good idea! If they shoot up too high past the screen I'll do the same. And no worries, I appreciate you dropping in - definitely helps, especially since I've never done this before.
Kit Kat is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM #16
Jamorg13

Jamorg13 will become famous soon enoughJamorg13 will become famous soon enoughJamorg13 will become famous soon enough
I like your fan holder. Its nice to not have to do any explaining when you move out of a rental free of holes.
Jamorg13 is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 AM #17
Kit Kat

Start of week 2

First up! Some plant pics. This last week was largely hand watering about a gallon a day and trying to fight a calcium def/lock out.

At first my humidity was around 45% on the low end with temps at 75-78 and because of leaf curl I assumed it was an issue with VPD and set about trying to raise the humidity. Splashed some water on the liner and stuck a fan blowing over it, that helped a little and pushed it up to around 52% on the low end.

Tried to go to home depot to find a whole room or whole house dehumidifier and didn't have any luck - since I couldn't impulse purchase something I ended up going with a 3g bucket filled with wet vermiculite and my fan stuck down in it. That brought things up to 60-63% with temps around 74-76. Not perfect, but a lot better.

Unfortunately the calcium issue persisted so last hand water before I installed the blumats they got about 2.5ml/gal of calmag and I went to pick up some epsom salt. Thinking about using 1/2 tsp/gal before A&B from here on out since H&G is supposed to have plenty of Ca in it already. Thoughts?
Kit Kat is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 AM #18
Kit Kat

Blumat set up

So this post by Se˝or Chang talked about some .224 ID silicone hose that made a good alternative to the stiff black 8mm tubing the patio kit comes with. I seriously hate working with that shit and didn't have enough anyways, so I ordered a 100' roll for $75 with shipping from Mocap.

Took about a week to arrive, and I already love it. Way easier to work with. It's like a larger version of the 3mm line. Haven't had a quicker blumat set up yet.

32g trashcan with an on/off valve right at the base

Runs along the bottom of the door with RG6 cable holders, fits perfect and doesn't pinch the line - it can still be pulled through if needed.

Each 4 set will have its own on/off valve so it can be easily hooked up to a straight water res for the last two weeks.

Extra 3mm along with the flexibility of the red hose will make moving plants around if needed very easy and no pinching.

Once all the runs were run I left the blumats completely open and filled the res up with about 4g of water - and waited until all of the 3mm hoses were steadily pouring water out. Let the res drain itself mostly down before dialing back so there was just a cling hanging off the end. Going to fill it up with about 30g and aiming for 1.2 EC with Epsom, A & B, Pro-Tekt - then add in Roots, Multi Zen, and Drip Clean at a pH of 5.8.
Kit Kat is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 11:38 AM #19
DamnUglyDogE
Learning the rules well,so as to break them effectively.

Location: A space between CALI & Nevada Desert♧Where~Who knows what grows under the pale moon's light ┐
DamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud ofDamnUglyDogE has much to be proud of
DamnUglyDogE has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Nice spread into the screen.. Walls of funky green well on their way. .
Looking awesome.. Upgrades to the system ~~ Always a good thang..

Keep doing ya magic . ..

Good show, bro..
DamnUglyDogE is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 06:13 PM #20
soursmellfoggy

soursmellfoggy will become famous soon enoughsoursmellfoggy will become famous soon enough
tagged awesome, nice clean job bro!
soursmellfoggy is offline Quote