in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > 1k RDWC grow

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
1k RDWC grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM #1
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

Ganoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivor
1k RDWC grow

This room is my newest room and its still in the construction phase, but I had to rush to get it to a point to where i could actually move the plants in. I will finish all of the construction by the time I start flowering.

The room is 4x4x8feet. The hood is a Radiant 6 inch air cooled hood with a 1000w bulb. the room has four 5gallon buckets that are hard plumbed to an external res. that is an 18gallon Rubbermaid container. Each bucket has its own feed line. This room has its own air pump.

Ganoderma is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM #2
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

Ganoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivor
These Four Bluemoonshine's had over grown the space that they where in and where in need of a new home.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM #3
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

And now after they've been moved into their new location.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM #4
Opus53

Opus53 has a spectacular aura aboutOpus53 has a spectacular aura aboutOpus53 has a spectacular aura aboutOpus53 has a spectacular aura about
looking rampant buddy, bests

Opus53 is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2012, 03:59 PM #5
overbudjet

overbudjet is a jewel in the roughoverbudjet is a jewel in the roughoverbudjet is a jewel in the roughoverbudjet is a jewel in the roughoverbudjet is a jewel in the roughoverbudjet is a jewel in the roughoverbudjet is a jewel in the rough
Raise your air pump over your water level (flood issue),also insulating your bucket will help with water temp,have you ever try water fall instead of air pump?Put some water proofing on your floor too,in hydro you will need-it !For peace of mind i will also add overflow drain to each bucket(roots blocking drain will cause flood).

peace to all

Last edited by overbudjet; 09-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Typo
overbudjet is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:09 AM #6
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

I haven't had any problems with the air pump flooding. I have used this style/brand of air pump for like the past 5-6 years, and I have not had any issues with flooding from this style of air pump.

The air pump is what works for me in this system, and the more air that the roots get the more robust that they will grow.

Roots can cause drains to clog, But that does not mean that they will clog the drains. I will mention more on this later

I don't have to worry about water temps so insulating the buckets isn't an issue for me.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:35 AM #7
medicalmj

medicalmj is a jewel in the roughmedicalmj is a jewel in the roughmedicalmj is a jewel in the roughmedicalmj is a jewel in the roughmedicalmj is a jewel in the roughmedicalmj is a jewel in the rough
Lookin good!

How highs your water level? and do you have anything on end of 1/4 going into bucket? Looks just like the system I gave up for a minute. Except I used 3/4" black poly tube for returns and black buckets. Also, I experimented w lower water levels and put a sprayer on end of 1/4 tube. Used threaded red ones, which made it a hybrid areo/rdwc. Got rot over summer, too warm maybe not enough DO, maybe the power outage(no airpump). But when it works, it works, but u know that.

Also, are you gonna lollipop em? If not holy shit your gonna have lot little stuff to deal with. Not that that's a bad thing, just HATE trimmin that lil shit, lol!
medicalmj is offline Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM #8
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

I try to keep the water level as high as possible. I could keep the water levels at the same level in the buckets by placing a riser on the return line. But I am kind of liking the water level having a high and low point over a day or two.

the only thing I have on the end of the feed lines are a barbed L, which I placed on as a stopper to keep the feed lines from pulling out or the buckets.

I got to the point that I don't like any of the poly tube as a return line. You use barbed fitting most likely with the poly tube which reduce down the I.D. of the tube where the barbs are which reduces the total possible amount of water that can drain through that spot.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 PM #9
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

Here are a couple of shots of the Res.

I do have a spot already set up on it so that I could add another line, like an over flow line if its turns out that this system needs one.

This is actually day Four of 12/12 since the start of the flower cycle. It actually would have been day five, but It took me longer then expected to get the door finished and they got 8 hours of night once the door was in place.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 PM #10
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

These are pictures from today which is day 10 of 12/12. They are getting big now, I've lost count of how many times I've raised the light and the tallest one is 4.5 feet counting the bucket. I'd like to take some pictures of the roots on these girls, but they require two hand to lift them up and then I'd still need to hold the camera and push the button.