Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > G Pen Vaporizer Users?

Thread Title Search    
Click for more info about Red Beard Extractors
 G Pen Vaporizer Users? Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #31
SmokeTrees
"Hey bud, lets party!"

SmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivor
im kind of confused, doesnt the gpen use a USB connection to charge?
SmokeTrees jest offline   Quote

Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
touringfunkband

touringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeTrees View Post
im kind of confused, doesnt the gpen use a USB connection to charge?
It does charge through a usb connection or wall charger, but the way the usb charger connects to the battery terminals on the gpen is by a screw on type connector.

I have a million ideas, but they all point to certain death.
touringfunkband jest offline   Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
banana buds

banana buds will become famous soon enoughbanana buds will become famous soon enough
haven't tried the G pen but a couple folks i know said it is a heap.

the hot ticket in this neck of the woods lately has been the atmos pens. you glop a dab into the unit and go to town. the flavor is definitely different than hitting it off a nail but pretty darn smooth. of the group of people i know who have them, i know of two units failing but they were replaced under warranty no questions asked. the failures were both something going on the fritz where the unit was stuck "on" and thus couldnt be used or charged.

dunno about the other pens, but keep in mind you will have to periodically clean the atmos out because it gets gunked up and starts tasting bad after a while. nothing too terrible but just something to bear in mind.
banana buds jest offline   Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #34
mendo420

mendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond reputemendo420 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like my atmos.
I liked it at first. A lot.
I was loading it with 90 u bubblehash did not try BHO.
But then screen messed up I put a new one in but does no work the same as it used to.

I use my persei every day 7.4v with 5om carts.
mendo420 jest offline   Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #35
SmokeTrees
"Hey bud, lets party!"

SmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivorSmokeTrees is a survivor
im more than satisfied with my Gpen. You can put a small dab on the heating element and it last for quite a few hits.
SmokeTrees jest offline   Quote

Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #36
215 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeTrees View Post
im more than satisfied with my Gpen. You can put a small dab on the heating element and it last for quite a few hits.
Lovin' this G thang ....

Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #37
Hyekakan

Hyekakan is on a distinguished road
Hmmm the I use ecigs sold em and have different mods.

Gpen is a ego-w, just marked up $20 bucks on the cartridges and a rip off.

Atmos is a pos. The thermo is a rebranded elips and twice the price.

Atmos raw is just e pipe, they claimed its a vaporizer but it burned your weed.

The trippy stick is another rip off, because they took a atomizer and drop oils on it and claim its a vaporizer.

Vape pen, another pos glycerin pen, they claim they modified their ecig to burn hotter for cannabis. Early on not sure if this is on their site anymroe but they claimed their batteries where made for thc only and not ecig.

The omicron v1 was just a ecig with a modified cartomizer <--- the only one that tried it. Atleast they did not claim to be non ecig, bit costly at first but he claimed it was to recover the costs on the research. leaks sometimes but well worth it now once you get it down.

The Omicron v2 is a redesigned unit.

The persei is a double barrel design, that can take multiple voltages. It has a few safety features built in, and kicks ass produces more vapor then anything out their, and has a herb chamber coming out.

The Thermovape is USA built rebranded ecig, it is sturdy and long lasting, the only draw back is the batteries, and no electronics if your a minimalist this is the unit for you. Reliable yet pain in the ass to heat up. My rev takes about 30 seconds to heat up and get going. compared to the persei ill take the persei because vapor is instant.
Hyekakan jest offline   Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #38
Hyekakan

Hyekakan is on a distinguished road
check this out guys.

Hes really trying to break it.

http://youtu.be/gVsggAjsLgE

http://youtu.be/Ak2lAgtMjsw
Hyekakan jest offline   Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #39
Mia

Mia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud ofMia has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyekakan View Post
The omicron v1 was just a ecig with a modified cartomizer <--- the only one that tried it. Atleast they did not claim to be non ecig, bit costly at first but he claimed it was to recover the costs on the research. leaks sometimes but well worth it now once you get it down.
A "modified cartomizer" huh?
I had the v1 omicron and the carts were certainly no better than and in fact worse than the plethora of already available cartomizers on the market. Certainly nothing to be proud of there. Especially using that as an excuse to mark up a twenty dollar(probably wholesaling less than that) ecig to 200 dollars....

To "recover the costs on the research". What was this "research"? Reversing the threads to try and lock you into buying their carts? Designing said crappy carts? What did that take? An afternoon on Solidworks?

As far as I can tell the only thing they did that was new was to successfully market the overpriced v1 to a growing oil trend using the lame excuses you mentioned. The fact of the matter is everything that one needed to do what the omicron does and do it better was already available. That's the bs of it all with the "research" and "only one that tried it". Tried what? It's all marketing but I'm sure you know all about that......
Mia jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #40
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
krunchbubble: what do u prefer? joye ego? im hearing gpen is great all over my area but would go w any model i believe in.
persei?
Avinash.miles jest offline   Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #41
hammalamma

hammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant future
My neighbor brought over one of these stupid pens I told her to take that shit back to the store.
Get a Lava Tube and call it a day. I get clouds bigger than any other vape except the pesei, but if you pay for a persei you are a fool. I saw a persei at my lhs and asked to check it out, dude put it on the counter, and before I picked it up I asked the price. "$250, your out of your mind put it back I don't even want to touch it" I said.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #42
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
still lookn for some kinda agreement (is that crazy) on a type or brand or get these dont get these... erry1 w an opinion
Avinash.miles jest offline   Quote

Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
touringfunkband

touringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nice
It's seems like opinions are all over the place with vape pens in general. A lot of information here is second hand or people would rather just say "they suck!" rather then going into detail as to why when called out on it. Seems like they all have there pluses and minuses and learning curves.

From the videos I've seen on youtube, it seems like you can get a pretty good rip off a GPen which works well with oil or wax placed directly on the heating element. One major benefit I can see with the GPen over something like the Omicron is the ability to load up a cartridge on the go. I can imagine someone dropping some oil or wax into the GPen cartridge while riding the bus, but it seems like you really need to pre-load the Omicron cartridge at home or buy a pre-loaded cartridge at a dispensary.

The way that I see it, is that the whole vape pen market is evolving and will continue to evolve for many years. There might be dozens of different vape pens released before one is finally reviewed as being the holy grail of vape pens. So you can sit it out and wait for better pens to be released or you can pickup a pen now that may have a learning curve and functionality issues but to some degree works until something better comes along. You have to be willing to and afford to dispose of the pen when something better comes along.

I did just put in an 80$ order for a GPen so I'll let people know how it works out. I have some Bogglegum wax ready to go to give the pen a try. We'll see how it goes.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #44
cravedog

cravedog is on a distinguished road
I love my G-pen it works amazing I put a dab of pure bho right on the ceramic element and I vape away dabs all day long. If I feel its not getting enough vapor I put a little more in and I'm back in dab city!
cravedog jest offline   Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #45
touringfunkband

Got my G Pen through RX Industries the other day. Ordered on a Friday and had it by Wednesday morning. Right out of the box I was surprised by how small and discrete these pens are. I had no issues loading the tank. I used the supplied skillet tool and just dabbed some wax right on the heating coil. Loaded it up with some Bogglegum wax I made fresh and began vaping within seconds. By three or four puffs I was plenty medicated. The pen produces a good amount of vapor and gives you a decent throat hit as well. Using the pen leaves behind a little bit of odor but not much. I can totally see using this discretely in a movie theatre or a concert venue with no one the wiser.

Having never used or owned another vape pen like this I have nothing to compare the G pen to, but at the moment I don't see any real downside to it. It doesn't replace a nail or a skillet but for low-profile on the go medicating, it does the job well.

4 members found this post helpful.