Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Hash Oil, Ecigarettes and You!- A Recipe for stable emulsification of BHO.

Thread Title Search    
Click for more info about Red Beard Extractors
 Hash Oil, Ecigarettes and You!- A Recipe for stable emulsification of BHO. Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
hammalamma

hammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant futurehammalamma has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by overgrowit View Post
Krunchbubble, hammalamma,

I noticed they stopped selling e-skillets and greensmart cartomizers online.
Do you know of anywhere to get them still?
Any 510 ecig will work for a battery. Boge carts also work, you just have to be more careful taking them apart.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #32
feelingfactory

feelingfactory will become famous soon enough
Thanks for posting some great info. I have a quick question if you don't mind - some people are allergic to PG, do you believe this recipe can be accomplished with vegetable glycerine as a substitute? Some e-juice companies manufacture with this, but of course cannabis may be another story altogether.
feelingfactory jest offline   Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
FlipFlops
Banned

FlipFlops is on a distinguished road
Whats the hot Vaporizer Pen these days? Ive got a Blu-cig will that work or is it a little weak beech and not vaporizer my bho? Thanks
FlipFlops jest offline   Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #34
coreymillia42

coreymillia42 is on a distinguished road
you can modify a lot of e cigs, I dont know what the blu cig looks like, More than likey it wont work by itself. but a rebuild-able rainbow or wyvern atomizer with a 30 gauge kanthal wire at 1.3-1.6 ohms. It can be used for hash and oil or just hash, but there is no wick so its not for straight oil. Tho, I used to make one for oil and one for hash, the oil one used a 32 gauge kanthal with a wick, and the same resistance. My prefered battery is the telescope for $45, or the Ego twist for $20. I order everything from discountvapers, and my kanthal from ebay. I just saw on jan 16 2013 the thermovape came out with a e cig with a ceramic element. I looked at their website and there was no "add to cart" button or price. So I was gonna wait a little while, e cig technology gets CHEAP fast. The rebuild-able atomizers used to be over $75 a year ago, and there was about 3 on the market. And the people who used them were dicks. Now the same stuff is about $9 and there are a bunch to choose from. I chose the rainbow/wyvern because it is ALL METAL the phoenix and a lot of others have plastic inside them and they work fine for oil but not hash. Well heres a video of my setup on a ego. Ive used it every day for 6 months, the only problem being after 2 weeks you have to open it and clean it. This can be as easy as 2 minutes just scraping some ash out, and making a quick adjustment to the wire. Or If the wire is bent up or broke, then It can be soaked for a few minutes in alcohol. The coil can be changed in 10 minutes. Anyway, It looks like the e cig craze is slowly dying. I only use mine when im out and about, or in bed. Because hitting the oil rig and the silver surfer is just too damn much fun or some shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IxnclVtXjo
coreymillia42 jest offline   Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #35
foaf
not compliant

foaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud offoaf has much to be proud of
I've been experimenting a lot lately and it turns out you dont need the emulsions mentioned in the original post, because straight everclear/bho solutions work in ecig setups just fine. The emulsions program began because naturally people wanted to start with the ecig bases that were being widely used Glycerin/PG/and PEG-400 - and they aren't great solvents for hashoil.

Im mixing a gram of bho with 3 or 4 cc of everclear. Heat to 140 to mix and put it into any one of the tank type ecig cartridges. there are plenty of versions. this dual coil tank is working great for me as we speak. It has a replacable element too. any 510 battery is fine. It tastes delightful.

http://vapingzone.com/product-info.p..._-pid1073.html
foaf jest offline   Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #36
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by foaf View Post
I've been experimenting a lot lately and it turns out you dont need the emulsions mentioned in the original post, because straight everclear/bho solutions work in ecig setups just fine. The emulsions program began because naturally people wanted to start with the ecig bases that were being widely used Glycerin/PG/and PEG-400 - and they aren't great solvents for hashoil.

Im mixing a gram of bho with 3 or 4 cc of everclear. Heat to 140 to mix and put it into any one of the tank type ecig cartridges. there are plenty of versions. this dual coil tank is working great for me as we speak. It has a replacable element too. any 510 battery is fine. It tastes delightful.

http://vapingzone.com/product-info.p..._-pid1073.html
We initially experimented with VG, but haven't found VG or PG necessary either.

Shatter will work in a 510 cart with the wick pulled out and decarboxylated oil will work in one with the polyfill wick intact.

We also saturated a wick with cannabis acetate, by adding a small amount of ethanol to make it flow, and then allowing that to evaporate away.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.
Gray Wolf jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #37
BullnAChinaShop

BullnAChinaShop has a spectacular aura aboutBullnAChinaShop has a spectacular aura aboutBullnAChinaShop has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlops View Post
Whats the hot Vaporizer Pen these days? Ive got a Blu-cig will that work or is it a little weak beech and not vaporizer my bho? Thanks
I too am curious about this. Can a Blu plus a low resistance cart be used for BHO or is the blu battery too weak?
BullnAChinaShop jest offline   Quote

Old 01-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #38
touringfunkband

touringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nicetouringfunkband is just really nice
If anyone is looking for a eskillet, this guy, Steez Johnson on facebook sells them. A friend got one from him a short while back. 65$ shipped priority with two carts, two tips, one battery and a plug-in charger in a nice semi-hard pouch.

I have a million ideas, but they all point to certain death.
touringfunkband jest offline   Quote

Old 01-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #39
FlipFlops
Banned

FlipFlops is on a distinguished road
I went ahead and bought the Ego-C Twist, there is a great thread at ******** by TheNewGuy on this unit. Id link it but im not sure what the rules are on that. Im still interested to find out if the Blu ECig would work?

FOAF Im going to try your mix, thanks for that!
FlipFlops jest offline   Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #40
omgomg

omgomg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullnAChinaShop View Post
I too am curious about this. Can a Blu plus a low resistance cart be used for BHO or is the blu battery too weak?
idk but ill test it out and report back

anyways....

looks like this thread is alive and well.. I need to find a good 1.5 dual coil cart so i can stealth vape with the big boies... my volcano for at home is still enar and dear to my heart tho
omgomg jest offline   Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #41
omgomg

i need to pick up some acetone and make some oil. im far too lazy to do this shatter and the vacuum way u guys are talking about.. although i do get yellow oil so i guess its not half bad eh?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #42
omgomg

damn.. picked up some acetone but forgot the coffee filters... I guess ill get those tomorrow...

Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #43
omgomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caille View Post
This "tek" works great, honestly, the pg oil I have is so rocking potent it is silly. But one of the most important things I cannot stress enough is this will NOT get you high in your Blu, or other 2.5v or less dinky unit made to look like a cigarette.

You NEED either a 3.7 low resistance atomizer and unit (JOYe EGO with low resistance 510 atomizer will do). *

alright the 1.5ohm carts work on a blu cart. however, i haven't tried it with hash oil or a mix yet as i haven't made any oil but I have tried it with some eliquid and it vapes just fine.

I'm going to get some 1.25 ohm carts and try those out because based on my calculations 1.25 will be a much better vape for hash oils due to it being higher a higher temp ( and thats what we want due to thc vaping at a high temp)... but I would have to test out to see if blu can handle 1.25 ohms

also, the reason I would probably add vg to my hash oil is due to thc irritates the mucus membranes and vg makes it a smoother vape ( with a side benefit/negative of more vapor exhaled). Hell, I even add it to my volcano and I am able to vape at 380f which makes me able to take deeper hits while still tasting the weed.

I learned that due to the fact of having a hookah and seeing as those temps get higher than 380f and I never cough due to the glycerin being on the tobacco.

so adding it makes vaping hash out of a blu cig more stealth imo unless you don't caugh to begin with lol.

does anyone have any 1.25 carts they could try it on because I don't have any on hand.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
omgomg

I don't recommend 1.25's on anything higher than 3.75 volts but a its a fact that the blu battery works from 3.3v to 4.2v and the average is 3.7 so the 1.25's would stimulate 6 volt vaping. the 1.25s would also compensate for the lower voltage when the blu battery is starting to get around 3.3-3.5 volts.

either today or tomorrow ill make some oil and try it on 1.5's and see if i get high.. but if what the op said true about it being potent around these temps because the wattage ( heat) generated would be the same. Also battery life isn't an issue if you have 2 blu batteries. hell, it shouldn't be an issue with one battery if you only need like 10 hits max to get high if op is right about that also.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #45
BullnAChinaShop

BullnAChinaShop has a spectacular aura aboutBullnAChinaShop has a spectacular aura aboutBullnAChinaShop has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlops View Post
I went ahead and bought the Ego-C Twist, there is a great thread at ******** by TheNewGuy on this unit. Id link it but im not sure what the rules are on that. Im still interested to find out if the Blu ECig would work?

FOAF Im going to try your mix, thanks for that!
I did the same thing. Thanks for the tip brother! Ego-C Twist, 3 LR atomizers, drip tip, and charger for less than 60 shipped.
BullnAChinaShop jest offline   Quote