Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Cannabis Law and Politics > Another GOP Candidate Says Legalize

Thread Title Search    
Advertise on ICMag - Click for more info
 Another GOP Candidate Says Legalize Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
Another GOP Candidate Says Legalize

This is getting funny, another GOP candidate says 'legalize it'.
Not too familiar with him, but it's continuing the momentum.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/0...html?hpt=hp_t2
igrowone jest offline   Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
OGmolton
Excuse me Spliff, where are the G's at?

OGmolton is a name known to allOGmolton is a name known to allOGmolton is a name known to allOGmolton is a name known to allOGmolton is a name known to allOGmolton is a name known to all
that's pretty great, marijuana legalization has gone from liberal fantasy to conservative talking point!
When it comes to a drug that is currently listed in schedule I, if it is undisputed that such drug has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.."

No accepted safety of use under medical supervision? How medically supervised are all the patients in all the medical states?

Excerpt from US Govt Cannabinoid Patent 6,630,507
Cannabinoids have been found to have important properties...cannabinoids useful in the treatment... stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease...

If you believe in survival of the fittest as a way of life or doing business, you're a wild, uncivilized animal.

Freeware light control software

OGmolton jest offline   Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivorDiscoBiscuit is a survivor
Gary Johnson's pro-legalization for years. Doesn't stand a chance in the GO T Party.

Last edited by DiscoBiscuit; 07-19-2011 at 02:44 PM..
DiscoBiscuit jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
Gray Johnson's pro-legalization for years. Doesn't stand a chance in the GO T Party.
sounds right, more about the favorable(at least not hostile) mainstream media coverage
having 2 pro MJ legalization candidates seems like a modest breakthrough

Old 07-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
pearlemae
May your race always be in your favor

pearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivorpearlemae is a survivor
All it will ever be is a conservative talking point and a liberal talking point too. They will say what everyone wants to hear about MJ, but once elected it seems to change. We see that happening now with Obama, why should we expect it be any different under anyone else.
Until big Pharma gets it figured out in their favor, it'll won't be legal. When big Pharma gets it figured out, then it will be legal just for them to grow and make gazillions from. It won't be the politicians that move MJ forward it will big big conglomerate campaign donors. MY TWO CENTS......
I hope I'm found to be in error about all this, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

William H Gladstone
pearlemae jest offline   Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to behold
In the end Obama was just another ratsucking politician. We need business people to run our country. And I'm not talking Jeffi Immelt corporate pigs. Real people who have scratched up their own money and put it on the line following their mind and hearts. A real business person would see the folly of prohibition and would unleash the genius of American entrepenuers who would immediately start profitable enterprises and pay taxes and hire people. That's what we need, regardless of political philosophy. Right wing, left wing, it's the same turkey. Freedom is the answer. He or she who embraces the most liberty is getting my vote. All others need to go the fuck away.
ronbo51 jest offline   Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Tripp Inmiasov

I often wonder if there is more than just campaign money that coerces politicians to allow cannabis prohibition to continue. Could it be that threats of physical harm and/or damage to reputation of politicians and their families play a larger role in their decision making?

Who is really behind the scenes forcing these decisions?

Have you noticed that even Obummer nervously laughs off any questions about it?

I cannot understand why any moral person, politician or not, would allow the status quo of such injustice to continue to be allowed.

The violence and death associated with drug turf wars, the inhumane and unfair treatment of innocent human beings by law enforcement and the resulting harm to the welfare and reputation of millions of families...it doesn't make sense.

What is it that we really don't know?

Old 07-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
igrowone

i see this as part of the slow and steady trend
politicians don't change much, whatever stripe they have on their backs
big pharma will get a piece of the cannabiz, that probably can't be stopped completely
but compared to 20 years ago, it's progress

Old 07-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
bentom187
Demanding lawful money for all transactions per 12 USC 411

bentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivorbentom187 is a survivor
"We need business people to run our country"

i would have to disagree,they are too ruthless,what we need are intelligent moral people in there perhaps a dr.
and i would also say its just as much the voters fault for beleiving media sound bites that get run 10 times a day until its drilled into your concience,i think this day and age we have to turn off the TV for a while and do our own critical thinking.
and once the whole country is thinking for itself then progress can be made.

and isnt this the guy who got caught drunk driving and then blammed the pot ?

~Edward Snowden

Padelford, Fay & Co vs. The Mayor and Alderman of the City of Savannah
"Silence gives consent, is the rule of business life. A tender of bank bills is as good as one of coin, unless the bills are objected to. To stand by, in silence, and see another sell your property, binds you. These are mere instances of the use of the maxim in the Municipal Law. In the Law of Nations, it is equally potent.

Silent acquiescence in the breach of a treaty binds a Nation."
bentom187 jest offline   Quote

Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #10
rckymtnthuglife

rckymtnthuglife is a jewel in the roughrckymtnthuglife is a jewel in the roughrckymtnthuglife is a jewel in the rough
One man with courage is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

I'll smoke to that.
rckymtnthuglife jest offline   Quote