Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Natural selection , Best way to use...

Thread Title Search
Natural selection , Best way to use... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 PM #91
statefarmguy

statefarmguy will become famous soon enough
HEY NS.. I BELIEVE I SAW SOME OF UR PRODUCT OFR SALE HER IN CALIFORNIA RECENTLY? AM I MISTAKEN? and maybe a dumb question but what may be the benefits/ diffrences of using powered / equine feed molasses as opposed to unsulphured gmas liquid?

IC MAG ROCKS
this isn't punk music or indie films...it's a produce; the best of them all. Me and every person on here puts time, money, energy and love into our gardens; should I choose to part with the fruits of my labor...I (and anyone else) should feel free to charge, trade or gift it as we see fit.
statefarmguy is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 AM #92
NSPB

NSPB has a spectacular aura aboutNSPB has a spectacular aura aboutNSPB has a spectacular aura about
The product was only available in MI for a short period of time....It was only stocked or offered through a couple stores as well...not sure why they never asked for a restock. But things are heading different directions now.

Could be an idea that's catching on though...maybe I've started something!

As far as the benefits of having it [molasses] present in the medium constantly, always available at whatever desired rate the micro organisms choose to use it...as long as you keep your medium properly moistened...vs...having to mix Grandmas sticky into your water every time. What if the micros could have benefitef from more? Or less? I personally found the aspects of a growing environment that nature can in fact control entirely on it's own; the less I interfere with what my conjectures are and thus
go imposing my concept of what is accurate, the better my plants became.

Keeping in mind one of the most important aspects of organic material availability is having an extensive micro herd. Molasses feeds the herd. Many traditional practicers say to use it only at certain times in flower or as part of a flushing ritual to "sweeten" their buds. What the point really is, is to help maximize the potential of the beneficial organisms and stimlulate their populations. This increases over all nutrient availability through out the medium from the many various organic compounds. Dry molasses allows for this process of feeding, populating, breaking down, to happen constantly during the full life of the plant...once again at a rate not chosen by my applications, but by the living thing that is dirt itself...

The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimick rain, the plant can go all in.

You like that analogy, don't you! Hope that gives you a better understanding of why I began pursing this style of gardening to begin with.

NSPB

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:15 AM #93
afi

afi has a spectacular aura aboutafi has a spectacular aura aboutafi has a spectacular aura about
Very nice idea! I would be interested in trying this out when the time comes. I wish I could of found this while they carried it here in the shops. I have a lot of experience but when I go on vacation it would be awesome to be able to have a friend just add water. Keep up the good work it will all pay off in the end.

Peace, Afi
afi is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 PM #94
Marlo
Wall of Famer

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Talking

So I've been using the NSPB Full Life Formula for just about a month or so. 2+ weeks in veg, and just over 2 weeks in flower. I'll admit, my plants usually look very healthy with no deficiencies.... With the NSPB my plants are just as healthy, if not healthier. Not a single complaint from any of my ladies.....and aside from a couple applications of Roots Excel, all I've had to do is add water. I can tell my plants absolutely love it so far. And so do I. Another 50-60 days to go...

For the record I used 1 bag of FFOF and mixed it with an equal part of pure Coco. To this 50/50 mix, I added 1 bag of NSPB FLF.
For the past 2 years I've been growing in the same 50/50 FFOF/COCO mix, feeding GH nutes with good results.

P.S. I don't miss buying, measuring, and mixing nutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPB View Post
The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Marlo is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 PM #95
NSPB

NSPB has a spectacular aura aboutNSPB has a spectacular aura aboutNSPB has a spectacular aura about
Thank you for the kind words, Marlo... I'm truly glad you are enjoying your experience thus far!

In thinking, try adding 1 gallon of EWC to your base medium. This will help the beneficial bacteria in the mix take hold and thus all around faster rooting...

NSPB

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM #96
Acotaco
wakka wakkka

Acotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really niceAcotaco is just really nice
I'd love to be able to buy some of the mix. What about selling it on the bay?
New test box
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post7363152
carolina blue x digi berry bx1 - dank frank
funky dwarf - karma
buffalo bill - paco
cookies and cream f2- exotix
tahoe og...lemon og
abusive og....yoda og
wifi....kryptonite
gg4.....slymer
bbk...cheesecake
seeds to pop
puresky -testers- pure_extracted_
space ghost -pnw roots
cookies and cream f1-exotix
Acotaco is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2011, 03:55 PM #97
NSPB

Gypsy and I did discuss such possibilities and it was our collective decision that the Boo/Bay was not the proper venue for multiple reasons. Gypsy has been extremely helpful with regards to educating me a bit more about international considerations and general web security savy-ness. The most important aspect of this will be customer privacy and security. Gypsy will never allow his user base be put in harms way... And until the measures to offer the product in the most secure means are in place, we wait...

All these things take money...It is worth the time and expenditure to ensure security. Good idea though; Thanks for throwing it out there!

NSPB

Old 10-12-2011, 04:46 PM #98
budman678
I come from the land where the oceans freeze

budman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the update NSPB...this is good stuff. I am def interested in just adding water...screw all these bottle nutes
budman678 is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 PM #99
chuckyoufarley

chuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant future
i cant wait to run some again .

PEACE CHUCKY

jack & jill went up the hill to score a bag of grass jack was swift & rolled a spliff now he's gettin some ASS

i'm never alone even when i'm by myself
chuckyoufarley is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 07:45 PM #100
Nader

Nader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really niceNader is just really nice
This method of gardening very much resonates with me
I am a big fan of enriching the soil itself and only including a few things, if any, in the water. I do like using hygrozyme and roots excel with some liquid fulvic/humic acids, as well as compost teas every now and then.

A few things that I've been using (to amend my soil) with great success are:

- Sango coral calcium powder: when I use it, my plants just seem happier. you don't need much at all, especially since it's got a very high pH... lots of calcium, magnesium, and tons of trace minerals
- "Mum's" brand organic vine-ripened banana powder: I've been using this to see how it compares to molasses for feeding microbes.. I personally think it's superior, and seems to boost microbe activity for a very long time. Again, a little goes a long way. If it wasn't organic and vine-ripened, then this stuff would surely do more harm than good.
- Rock dust, rock dust, and more rock dust (the more paramagnetic, the better)
- Zeolite: I water so much less when I throw in enough of this stuff.

I highly recommend you give these a shot, especially the banana and coral powder
Nader is offline Quote