Some time ago I made the flower room a little bigger and added a 400W in addition to the 600W I had in there.
This has worked out pretty well and now I'm at day 18 on a promising grow that I would love to share with you. Method is still soil and in fact I'm going more "slack" than ever!
I've switched from Biobizz grow + bloom to a mixture of Hornum nutrients (A local danish tomato fertilizer that can be found in every store) and Biobizz bloom. I might even skip the bloom too and just add some PK 13/14 - or perhaps just add some phosphate rock to the soil.
Also the soil is a mixture of fresh bought soil, used soil (from growing potatoes in pots outside) and free compost (from the local recycling station).
The reason why I'm not afraid of this is that I already caught spidermites earlier this year and it's been a blessing because now I don't have to worry about moving plants in or taking cuttings from my guerilla spots. I did manage to bring in a single caterpillar though that seemed to like munching on the leaves and some of the plants I have brought in have leaf miners. But I don't think any of these can establish a serious population in an indoor setting - and I've also had the pleasure of seeing a couple of centipedes.
Anyway - last day was a horrible shock because I came home to find 5-10 cm water in my entire basement because of rains.
The water was just touching the underside of my ballasts but fortunately they weren't on. Then I decided to move them to a higher position and wait one day before I turned them on again
The next day I was fearing that they would blow up when I turned on the electric but they went on with no problems. This pic should illustrate how stupid I was - the ballasts were simply placed on tiles resting on a couple of wooded beams...
On to the grow - first 9 swt#3 plants in 12 l buckets under the 400W lamp. I'm quite satisfied with these
20 Copenhagen Kush under the 600W lamp (along with a row of small autos to the right)
These are very columnar plants with a healthy stretch except perhaps for a couple of runts. It's still too early to talk about resin but all of them seem to be preparing themselves for some nice bud-building. I vegged these for around a month before I put them in flower - made some mistakes and forgot to water a couple of times when vegging but these are very forgiving plants. The runts are probably my own fault.