Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Hybrids From Hell > Woolybear's Dansk Diesel

Thread Title Search
Woolybear's Dansk Diesel Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 05:42 AM #1
woolybear

woolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to all
Woolybear's Dansk Diesel

Hello forum,

Here is my Dansk Diesel, on Day 73 of flowering. HfH uses this variety in many of their lines, so I thought I'd share as Dansk Diesel grows are hard to find. Flushing now, Plan on chopping day 80.

Dansk Diesel is [edit] a Danish Descendant of the notorious Sour Diesel IBL.

She was grown under 300 watts of LEDs, fed Jack's Pro Hydroponic in veg and Jack's Bloom Booster in flower. 100% Perlite in a 1-gallon roots pot nested in a 2-gallon pot.

I think the blossom booster helps, as the buds are chunky, chunkier seeming than the runt dansk diesel I had last run.

The trichs are currently 90% cloudy, 10% amber. This plant is very easy to clone and did throw a couple nanners due to a light leak.

The yield looks to be very good, 1-2 ounces. The bud structure is nice, it looks to be easy to trim.

woolybear is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 AM #2
Claude Hopper
Old Skool Rulz

Claude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to all
Nice!

The poor girl, her branches are breaking under their heavy burden!

Ace is the Place

Old Grows:Hybrids From Hell Hashplant and Hashplant2 2. Vertigo & Pandora
Claude Hopper is offline Quote

Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 AM #3
woolybear

woolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to allwoolybear is a name known to all
Yes, this girl definitely is struggling under the weight of the buds. As I mentioned I have one dansk diesel grow done; unfortunately that one wasn't under the best of conditions (runt, root aphids) and the bud turned out a bit airy... would probably improve after a long cure but I'm impatient!

The buds have a purplish color and lots of crystals. Can't really comment on the smell as I'm a bit congested at the moment.

Plan to chop her in one week, next sunday. She's a bit of a gangly monster.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM #4
BIGGS

BIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the rough
looking good bro. i thought dansk diesel was sour d ibl (dansk cut) x sour d ibl?
BIGGS is offline Quote

Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM #5
woolybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGS View Post
looking good bro. i thought dansk diesel was sour d ibl (dansk cut) x sour d ibl?
You know, you're probably right.... I based that off a quote from some dude on another message board:

Quote:
The Dansk Sour Diesel is excellent, very cheap and I would recommend it to everyone who wanted some Sour Diesel, you will get plants every bit as good as the original ECSD cutting, my good friend Karma Genetics brought a batch of Dansk Sour Diesel to Amsterdam in April that impressed everyone very much. I think from what the Zen Seeds guys told me when I was staying on their houseboat in April that their version is a Rez Sour Diesel IBL male crossed to the ECSD cut but we smoked a hell of a lot of bud that weekend so my memory is a bit hazy
The product description on the breeder's site is 'most sativa, this a danish descendant of the infamous american sour diesel. flowering: 11 week.' 11 week = 77 days so I'm right on track! Also, my buds look pretty close to the pic used for the description:

Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 AM #6
esbe
ĦɎɃ®ɨɗ Ƒ®Øɱ Ħ£ɭɭ

esbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant futureesbe has a brilliant future
lovely! dansk diesel is sour diesel ibl. the hybrids from zen did the selections from rez beans

Click the gif to learn much more about HFH:

esbe is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:38 AM #7
woolybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbe View Post
lovely! dansk diesel is sour diesel ibl. the hybrids from zen did the selections from rez beans
Thank you! This plant is a funky beast. It definitely has a distinct odor, I will have to be very careful where I dry the buds!

I will post chop shots in a few days. Although this one in particular is not the prettiest plant (kind of looks like a prehistoric monster in the led shots) it was easy as pie to grow. High bud to leaf ratio, as you can see there is not a lot of extra leafage.

I moved it from my 300w tent to a smaller one to make room in my main tent. The new tent has only about 100w of power, I hope it doesn't effect the last few days of ripening too much.

And again, thanks to the crafty 'below the radar' Danes for making the beans. Its not just America where you can find bargains!

Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 PM #8
wdcf
Thinking of a Master Plan

wdcf has disabled reputation
The calyx to leaf ratio is insane! Great Job! Great Genetics!
wdcf is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 AM #9
woolybear

HARVEST

HARVEST time!

I harvested this plant in two steps. Step #1 was when a stalk broke so that had to be cut a few days earlier. Here's a big cola:

Same cola next to lighter:

All buds on hanger. Loved this plant as there was zero popcorn or larf.

The cola harvested earlier, so its a bit drier:

Weight estimates? I'm thinking 1.25 oz.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:07 PM #10
BIGGS

BIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the roughBIGGS is a jewel in the rough
looking good woolybear mate, so how are they smelling?
BIGGS is offline Quote