Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > GFxBB Grow Report (Sweet Tooth 1.1)

Thread Title Search
GFxBB Grow Report (Sweet Tooth 1.1) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2011, 10:08 AM #1
b8man

b8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really nice
GFxBB Grow Report (Sweet Tooth 1.1)

Sweet Tooth 1.1 / Blueberry x Grapefruit.

Summary:

Six female ST1.1 were grown from seed to find potential keepers. A trouble free grow and 5 week cure have provided a good yield of high quality, crystally, purple tinged, predominately sweet tasting buds which provide a mild but pleasant, functional, semi-clear buzz with mood elevation and subtly-numbed overall pain as a side-effect. Flavors ranged from garlicky grapefruit (2/6), to sweet fruit (3/6), to deep, rich, red berry flavours (1/6).

With this strain a tolerance seems to build quite quickly, so if you smoke all day then after a while that last bong hit won't do too much. So I'd say it's not an all day smoke, but I would recommend it for those who require a nice, gentle, relaxing buzz when they get back from work, and generally don't smoke too much. Normal people if you like.

For seasoned, all day smokers though they might find it's not a very strong buzz. It has it's place, but shouldn't be the only strain in your quiver.

So overall – A nice plant to grow, great taste, high a bit weak/subtle. Good for occasional smokers who just want to unwind at the end of the day.

7.5/10

Smoke report:

Well i've been smoking this strain pretty much throughout it's grow cycle. I vaped the males when they were culled and got a nice clean buzz; I then picked sample buds like a fatty fat fat right up to the chop and got an increasingly body-stone effect; I've made a few grams of delicious ISO hash from the trim; made some cooking oil and munched many a giga-cal of cookies; and I've obviously been smoking/vaping them daily like a man deprived. I think i can comfortably say that I got a good selection and got to know this strain pretty well. So this is my subjective review.

For me this strain had three phenotypes. One that was blueberry leaning with medium stretch, garlicky/grapefruity taste (starts off garlicky but becomes more grapefruity after a cure – strangely close tastes) and obese main buds; one that grew with minimal side branching, good sized crystally buds and good inter-nodal distance; and one which produced medium sized, very lush red-berry tasting, purple striped buds, but was happier bushing out (and did show the slightest of hermie tendencies at the beginning). The difference in the stone was mainly that the blueberry phenos had a slightly more intense, slightly more anxious stone than the other phenos. Some phenos were stronger than others, but none were what I'd call strong.

More than any other strain I've had, curing of this strain is essential! Really, the nicer bits of the stone only came out about 4-5 weeks. This is on bud which was about 10% amber. Until it's cured the high feels like there's something missing. And the flavors are mouth watering!

All the phenos leave you with a mental clarity that lets you enjoy the stone without feeling bombed out of it or dazed and confused. It comes on pretty slow, without any of the sativa rush that I'm used to, then all of a sudden you realize you're a bit buzzed, your head is floating a bit, you're relaxed and chilled and your mind has started to wander a bit. It's not motivational or particularly couch locky - just a nice, happy, giggly buzz that rests about 20% on the head and 80% on the body. I'd say the blueberry leaning stones had a little more edge to them with a hint of anxiety and a smidgen of paranoia. Otherwise, thought remained pretty clear and you're able to do most things quite easily. It doesn't numb your brain enough to enjoy bad tv though - so be warned!

This strain also seem prone to inducing giggle fits in inappropriate places. Works great as a sex strain. There really is a sortof “happy” buzz going on in the background with Sweet Tooth that I've really appreciated over the festive season where it's kept everyone that bit calmer. And I definitely feel generally less anxious since I started this strain. I'm also a bit lazier (hence the delay in posting this). But you know, all round not a bad experience! Great for those who have been scared off the pot scene by too powerful super weeds.

Grow Report

Summary:

Pros:

All seeds germed and grew fine! Thanks SOL / Chimera!
Potentially good/great yields
Profuse purpling
Great dank fruity flavours
No full blown hermies
Clones easily
Not fussy about nutrients
Good way of securing sweet pink grapefruit and a stable, easy to grow blueberry
Not too stinky in flower

Cons:

Different phenos finish different times - only 2 out of the 6 were really finished in 8 weeks. Might be different from clone, but still, indica pheno 8 weeks, blueberry looked more like 10.

One plant got budrot, but that's probably down to me

One plant showed a single set of bananas but once plucked that was it. About 5 seeds found overall so might have been something missed.

The grow:

Ok - So 12 seeds germed and 12 seedlings grew easily and happily. 6 males were culled (no time for F2s right now) and 6 females were grown to find a keeper or two. 250w HPS, house and garden coco hand watered, canna coco A+B + boost + pk13/14 + Rhizotonic + Cannazym + anti Wilt product for pythium control.

There were two distinct Blueberry phenos and several Sweet Pink Grapefruit (SPG) leaning phenos, with good to great yields to be had from all and prolific purpling to about 30% of the buds and 80% of the leaves. They were all cut at 58 days, as I'm looking for a fast finisher for the keeper and I generally prefer a headier high. I'd say the Blueberry phenos could have gone another 14 days and some of the Grapefruits another 7. Stretch was low on the SPG phenos, medium for the blueberries.

The Canna nutes dealt extremely well with my 0.8EC tapwater. I was impressed by how happy the plants kept just following the canna coco feeding regime. Don't think I saw a single deficiency throughout the grow actually – which is more than I can say for my latest grow. I should have invested in some anti budrot spray (Citrofresh?) as I lost one big bud to rot, but otherwise i was very happy with the results of this mix.

Conclusion

Up until now I've kept clones of each plant and have been reviewing which I might want to keep as a regular in my garden. I've come to the conclusion that the high of the higher yielding blueberry phenos isn't that special, but the flavour and growth pattern of two SPG leaning phenos mean I'll keep them around for another run. I might appreciate this strain more when I've got a more energetic daytime strain as my mainstay and I just smoke this to chill at the end of a tough day.

Check out the gallery for more pics. Feel free to use all pictures for whatever you like, just make sure you credit me. Hi-res photos can be made available if anyone wants them.

Ok. To the vape!

B8
b8man is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 PM #2
THE PABLOS

Outstanding grow report! K+ for you.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM #3
turdcat

Great report! Thank You!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:56 PM #4
vajra

vajra has a spectacular aura aboutvajra has a spectacular aura aboutvajra has a spectacular aura aboutvajra has a spectacular aura about
great grow report. A+.

Right now I am certain that I have what I think you are calling the Blueberry pheno--the one with "obese" main bud-- from a pack of Ultimix. It is at day 73 (seedplant) and the main bud--which was already huge--is getting bigger and bigger, with foxtailing each day. It will clearly yield an oz or more and I gave it only a 4 week veg.

It is flushing with just H2O now (maybe a little molasses). I am going to let it go until about 80 days or until it finishes. There are still a lot of clear trichs and no amber.

If this is the plant I think it is (see below) I am wondering if you have any more pictures of it. Also, is this the one you thought could have gone another 14 days? I wonder if letting it finish would have improved the high?
If the flowering could be brought down to 10 weeks from clone, this could be a real keeper for me. The trich coverage is awesome. The scent is acrid, perhaps garlicky is the right word, and it has just started to develop some sweetness in the last week or so. Here is the picture that I am referring to:

here is mine, at day 62. She now is bigger, with several purple, crystally foxtails on each bud:
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again,
vajra
vajra is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 PM #5
b8man

b8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really nice
Glad you all enjoyed the report.

The two blueberry-esque phenos actually had slightly different bud formations. One was pointy spears which had a foxtailing tendency, the other was that type of bud that just piles on layer after layer of bud so the top is round like a grapefruit. Both smoked the same though.

From the pics Vajra that looks closer to the SPG pheno. The blueberry one really stretched out a lot more and had less leaves. Looks like a great plant though. It's one thing the strain excels at - looking good in pictures.

... back to the vape.
b8man is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 08:10 PM #6
vajra

vajra has a spectacular aura aboutvajra has a spectacular aura aboutvajra has a spectacular aura aboutvajra has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by b8man View Post
Glad you all enjoyed the report.

The two blueberry-esque phenos actually had slightly different bud formations. One was pointy spears which had a foxtailing tendency, the other was that type of bud that just piles on layer after layer of bud so the top is round like a grapefruit. Both smoked the same though.

From the pics Vajra that looks closer to the SPG pheno. The blueberry one really stretched out a lot more and had less leaves. Looks like a great plant though. It's one thing the strain excels at - looking good in pictures.

... back to the vape.
B8man,

Hmmm. Which of your pictures is the SPG that resembles mine? The top photo in my post is yours, and I thought it resembled my plant. Is that the SPG one? It seems that you liked the SPG more than the BB.
Here is a pic of my plant today, day 73:

still seem familiar?
vajra is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 PM #7
b8man

Not sure to be honest. It's my Pheno F, but not sure i've got pics handy.

You might be right with your initial pheno ID of the plant because your leaves look more blueberry-ish and that bud-swell does look similar to my big yielding b.berry pheno. Your leaves around the bud look more like an old b.berry i grew years ago. Just remember that it only starts to become great after a good cure.
b8man is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2011, 06:31 PM #8
hazeified

Location: situated on a spur off one of the spiral arms of the galaxy
hazeified will become famous soon enoughhazeified will become famous soon enough
Nice report b8man, just started some of these, H
Mosca-C99F1,KillerQueen.Xochi.FemaleSeedsWiddowrella,SNLXNevsHaze.
Foomar-CaseyxGeisha.KARMA -AmnesiaKush, DKushKrizznap-BoosieberryxDD.Big LeekAlphaDxDSD.Ganesh-UltimateStrawberryD.CBF-Screme'n'Dawg.
Freebies-SK1xOH, PPP. KillerChemf2
hazeified is offline Quote

Old 02-06-2011, 11:27 AM #9
gegessh

gegessh is on a distinguished road
very nice pics
gegessh is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM #10
rooted
=

rooted has disabled reputation
great plants and pics b8man! excellent grow/smoke report

do you experience appetite stimulation with your spg phenos? i harvested some last month and it's becoming clear to me this is a quality my clone certainly possesses
rooted is offline Quote