Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Stuck Again.... Sigh. How do you unstick glass on glass?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Stuck Again.... Sigh. How do you unstick glass on glass? Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 AM #21
Fuzz420
Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire

Fuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really niceFuzz420 is just really nice
Nice tips everyone.I have glass on glass bong deal, and its constantly getting stuck. Usually a firm grip and twist gets it, but a few times ive almost pulled the whole stem out too.I believe my problem is more resin related
Fuzz420 is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 AM #22
Crispywaffle

Crispywaffle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGal View Post
well, goood news, bad news.

thanks for the help. that durn thing finally came apart.

I do not see how it happened, but the joints are dry! dry! dry!

I guess they stuck but how? don't make no sense.

oh the bad news is that when the downstem suddenly flew out of the bong, it chipped the female joint at the top....

damn damn ... oh well, it is only a chip, but this is a great bong, I love it so.

thank you all so much, except for you Crispy Waffle, lol. hahaha j/k j/k
Thank you ...that was very kynd of you

Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM #23
LolaGal

I am a regular Mother Teresa type...

Hey the silicone sounds like a great idea! I tried the beeswax, not a winner.... :(

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:23 PM #24
TrichyTrichy
¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`♥ ¸.•´ .

TrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant future

((((((hugs)))))))))))

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 PM #25
MoldyFrogToe

MoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson View Post
For next time, if oil does not work, try tapping the joints ever so gently (really carefully) on the edge of a counter top or similar. Then try pulling them apart. This is what we do in the lab when flasks and whatnot get stuck together.

just give it a little tap a tappy tap tapparoo!
MoldyFrogToe is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 06:08 PM #26
GeorgeSmiley
Remembers

GeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to allGeorgeSmiley is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson View Post
For next time, if oil does not work, try tapping the joints ever so gently (really carefully) on the edge of a counter top or similar. Then try pulling them apart. This is what we do in the lab when flasks and whatnot get stuck together.
This is what you do in a lab? All the labs I've been invited to always have ground glass joint pullers?

http://www.ecu.edu/glassblowing/frozenglass.htm
GeorgeSmiley is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 PM #27
MoldyFrogToe

MoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the roughMoldyFrogToe is a jewel in the rough
What! That's really cool
MoldyFrogToe is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM #28
Prof Sublime
Hard working pothead

Prof Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of light
What brand glass is this. Sounds like your joints werent ground to the right specs. Ive been using ground joints for such along time an never lube the joints and Ive never had problems with sticking. It really irks me that this happens to you all the time. Do you push the joints in, I just let gravity put them in they are normally plenty tight.

Smoke till ya' puke.
Prof Sublime is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM #29
budlykush
My name? José Jiménez

budlykush has a spectacular aura aboutbudlykush has a spectacular aura aboutbudlykush has a spectacular aura aboutbudlykush has a spectacular aura about
I use the oil off my pimply ass face and forehead. The skin oil works great. I used to use it to seal scratches in my film stripping job years ago. Even film cleaner solvent had a hard time taking off the stuff.

Try it, it's not gross.........
budlykush is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 PM #30
Marijuanasaur

Marijuanasaur will become famous soon enough
So let me get this straight, are you not supposed to do the twist? that is bad? explains why I broke that one downstem... I always use a LIGHT twist to lock my set up in place, is that not what you are supposed to do?
Marijuanasaur is offline Quote