Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

Thread Title Search
VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2009, 05:41 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivor
VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

Hi guys, i thought it was about time i showed my little setup - just a personal med grow.
My method is organic soil, using guano, rock phosphate and seaweed meal as nutrition. I feed a little biobizz bloom from halfway through flowering if i think they need it. my mix is pretty standard except i like to use topsoil in my mix (if you're growing in soil - why not use some actual soil? ).

My flowering cab is just over 2' wide by 2' deep and 3.5' high. i flower 4 plants at a time in 11 litre pots using a modular scrog method. each screen is about a foot square. I find modscrog a very flexible way to grow.

pics?

here is the cab at 42 days flower

and the quarters -
back left = dr atomic NL
back right = Martian mean green
front left = 420 (burmesexFi)
front right = Sharksbreath
all these plants were flipped on the same day.

and here it is today at 60 days

the NL gets chopped today - more pics of that later.

here we have 1 pot/quarter removed - you can see a bit better now how it is possible to get to the plants at the back as well as adjust the heights of each pot, allowing an even canopy even if different indica and sativa plants are grown together

here is an empty pot with the modular screen

screen is about 8" above the pot

any questions/feedback/criticizm/advice welcome
more pics in a minute.
stay safe
V.

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)
Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic mod. ScrOG-236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:50 PM #2
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivor
here is the base of the cab with the drip tray removed. you can see the vent holes in the raised base.

and with the drip tray - as you can see i have cut a hole in the middle so the air can get through the vent hole underneath - this works great and gets ventilation right into the centre of the grow - unless you knock it too hard with a pot and it falls off!. it also means i can use the drip tray to water the plants from the bottom or leave some water in there if i go away.

here is the top of the cab - i built it to give maximum height in the triangular loft space. the fan and filter fit inside the roof above the light which is a 250 hps with ecotechnics diamond reflector

up inside the roof - the fan is a 4" ruck variable speed fan which has 4 windings and changes speed with the temperature - works great but was expensive!

more pics to post later of my mum and veg cab, and a few more of the plants.
thanks for looking
V.

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 PM #3
growMEDS

growMEDS will become famous soon enoughgrowMEDS will become famous soon enoughgrowMEDS will become famous soon enough
Looks awesome! :smile:

I've seen a pic of your scrog but cool to see the pot/screen minus a plant.
growMEDS is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM #4
VerdantGreen
Mentor

thanks gM! - been been meaning to do this for a while but its awkward taking pics in the loft and i dont get that much time with my grow due to lighting schedule and keeping it secret from the kids!

right here is a pic of my small veg cabinet - this has a 52watt cool white cfl floodlight . just enough for vegging up a couple of plants . its about 1' by1.5' and not high enough! perhaps 18" high. i may fit another 52 watt light in there if i think the temps will be stable enough.
also doubles as a drying room if necessary.
thats a NL in the foreground.

and here is my mum cab closed - its an old kitchen wall cabinet about 8" by 3' long - enough for 5-6 mums. it only has 2x21watt t8 tubes in it but that seems enough for the mums as long as they arent too far away from the tubes. also fits a propagator in for cloning.

here it is open. at the bottom is a windowsill auto waterer (just some capillary matting with a small res below) this allows me to leave it for up to a week without watering.

the air intake for the grow comes from the built in wardrobe in my bedroom below - a 5" hole in the ceiling goes into the mum cab and then a 4" goes from the mum cab into the flower cab. another 4" duct goes into the veg cab and then into the flower cab. this has served me well do far. the temps in the loft will hit 100f in the summer so hopefully taking the air from the cooler room below will stop any problems. the winter was fine.

thats about it for the cab pics. some plant shots next.

V.

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM #5
VerdantGreen
Mentor

Sharksbreath.

right here we have Sharksbreath from DNA genetics. its Great white shark x Lambsbread. My friend gave me the cut and he thinks it is the jamaican/lambsbread dom pheno - his wife is from jamaica so he should know!

at 42 days

at 60 days - will probably give it another week but i dont want it to go too long as i think it will get pretty stoney with the shark influence!

nug shot - nice pinkish hue

close up

NL next up
V.

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 PM #6
VerdantGreen
Mentor

Dr Atomic Northern Lights

ok here the NL that i harvested today

at 4 weeks days - looks a bit of a mess and, being the least stretchy of the 4 that were flipped to 12/12 on the same day, didnt quite fill the screen.

at 55 days - blurry pic sorry

today at 60 days. some amber but mostly milky trichs
nugshot - pleased with this pic
smell is kind of musky, hard to describe. gonna have a fast dried little tickle of this in while.

stay safe
V.

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM #7
McSnappler
Lurk.

McSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really niceMcSnappler is just really nice
Looking really good dude. Planning to go for a similar modular SCROG setup once I've finished picking some mammas, so it's great to see the concept in action!
McSnappler is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 PM #8
HashishinReidi

HashishinReidi is a jewel in the roughHashishinReidi is a jewel in the roughHashishinReidi is a jewel in the roughHashishinReidi is a jewel in the roughHashishinReidi is a jewel in the roughHashishinReidi is a jewel in the rough
Always liked a good scrog , i must say i am impressed with you set up,Buds look the bizz.Verdant, how much do you usaly pull of each scrog if you dont mind me asking.

The war on cannabis is a unjust war .RIP Breadbin 1973 to 2010, you might be gone, but you will never be forgotten m8.
HashishinReidi is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 PM #9
John goodman
Banned

John goodman has a spectacular aura aboutJohn goodman has a spectacular aura aboutJohn goodman has a spectacular aura aboutJohn goodman has a spectacular aura about
very nice indeed VG.. great use of space and well thought out... some killa buds with that 250 nice shot of the NL... always wanted to try that dr atomic nl .. always sold out :( ... keep up the great grow m8... what u got up next ?
John goodman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM #10
VerdantGreen
Mentor

thanks all!

McSnappler - modscrog rocks! - ive got to come over to your diary and pick your brains about the cheese.

HashishinReidi - i'll let you know about yield - its only the second round in this cab and first time i used lst just so as i would have a comparison. i got about 5.5 oz that time but the cab was really only 3/4 full because one of the plants (DP fem flo) turned out to be a dud with male flowers and tiny yield.

i'm aiming for 1g/watt - which may be ambitious without hydro. i doubt i'd ever change from organic - very forgiving and i know it well.

John goodman - thanks man, up next? i have a few decisions to make. i want to make some seeds with a geurilla gold male i hope to find from a few seeds in the greenhouse. i have 4 maple leaf indica that should be ready to go but were very slow to get going due to maybe too rich soil and some light burn - i was shocked how the cfl could burn the young leaves. put em outside for the last couple of weeks and they've come good. i'll probably run NL again and make seeds, my Blueberry and make seeds. I have an arjans haze 3 which i havent run yet myself and a powerplant which i want to run and make seeds but is a bit small yet.
so 4 out of them
oh and of course i must run uk cheese but not ready to go yet.

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)