Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay Private Breeders > Archived Breeder Forums > Head Seeds > Casey Jones Sensitivity issues

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
 Casey Jones Sensitivity issues Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
Grat3fulh3ad
The Voice of Reason

Grat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivor
Casey Jones Sensitivity issues

During the course of the summer I had an air conditioning malfunction that went unnoticed for several days, resulting in 100+ temps. I discovered that the Oriental Express mother, along with the strawberry diesel, a sour queen, and one of the G13 f2s developed a male flower or two from the heat stress.
Also, it is known that there can be light sensitivity issues, in diesel lines.
In the course of talking with someone with potential light and heat issues, along with some additional stresses, it has come to my attention thet there are some phenotypes of Casey Jones which have inherited these sensitivities.
Of course nearly any plant can be herm'd with enough stress, but I thought I should give a heads up that some of these seem particularly sensitive. If you're running the Caseys, make sure there are no light leaks during your Dark time, and keep those temps below 90 F and there should be no issues.
Peace and Love

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha
Grat3fulh3ad jest offline   Quote

Old 01-06-2007, 04:30 AM   #2

good to know...

my payment is apparently taking 3-4 days overnight... lol ... it's as if they just add 30$ for the word "overnight" but keep same delivery times.

I can't wait to get it. I won some sugaree and bx2 also but wont be sending payment for another 5 days or so, just wanted to get casey in my garden NOW.

My temps stay around 72 day and 65 night and since I read this post I resealed my room just for the extra precaution. Soon I will have a garden of 5 straw d's and 5 casey jones

thanks for the heads up, friend

Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
truecannabliss
Selection is art

truecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivortruecannabliss is a survivor
Hey Grat3fulh3ad i had the same thing happen with the air con unit again, she started pumping hot air into the grow room....working in reverse, seems as though she is on the way out.
Once again it has caused a few bananas but the temps are getting well into the high 90's so its only to be expected........... i have noticed the bananas only occurs on the lower parts of the plant where there is very little bud formation and i am hoping that this will mean the larger tops are not seeded too much.
To be honest these plants are doing well under the circumstances, things are very... shall we say 'challenging' for me in the garden at the moment and if these Caseys were not so beautiful i dont think i'd have the determination to overcome all the difficulties im encoutering this grow.
Roll on harvest, then for round 2 of the Casey Jones.
Peace

EDIT...........another note is that only the plant nearest the tent entrance, directly in the flow of hot air hermi'd on the 2nd occassion....reason i believe the other did not is that i caught the problem earlier than last time and the others did not get as hot.

Last edited by truecannabliss; 01-17-2007 at 03:16 AM..
truecannabliss jest offline   Quote

Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Buffoonman

Both runs of G13 Diesel I got one perfect feminised seed, a gift from above.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Just started 6 CaseyyJones seeds, had them for slightly over a year now and its time to try them. im hoping the comming summer temps aren't a hermy trigger for them, but i will certainly keep an extra careful watch now maybe ill have to get a ac after all? i was planning to do a thread about them and the sd ibls i have germed.

all the best
gaiusmarius jest online   Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
Luco Cadalora

Luco Cadalora is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

thanks for the info. this should surely help preventation Most appreciated

Luco
Luco Cadalora jest offline   Quote

Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #7
Organic Rooster
Cock a doodle doo

Organic Rooster will become famous soon enough
I just got mine in the mail a few days ago. Thanks for being an honest guy and have no problem saying that some MAY herm. That is top notch in my book! I cant wait to grow these out!
Organic Rooster jest offline   Quote

Old 04-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Hazeseeker

Hi Grat3fulH3ad,
had the pleasure of sampling your strain Casey Jones,
it's some tasty stuff man, it's definately gonna be on the 'to grow' list in the near future

respect

peace

Old 05-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #9
DjRightHooks

great tip..thanks!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #10
Zoolander

some CJ will be hit the coco today Grat3ful looking for mothers and fathers

Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
heavy dank nugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeseeker View Post
Hi Grat3fulH3ad,
had the pleasure of sampling your strain Casey Jones,
it's some tasty stuff man, it's definately gonna be on the 'to grow' list in the near future

respect

peace
now dem some heavy dank nuggs haze also never heard a bad report on Casey Jones. deff. on the to do list.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #12
Zoolander

I put 3 CJ in coco and will drop a few more soon