Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Growroom Designs & Equipment > CAP NextGen 1000 watt Digital Ballast

Thread Title Search    
Find out more about Green Gator Filters
 CAP NextGen 1000 watt Digital Ballast Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #16
High Jinks
Nevermind what they're selling, it's what your buying.

High Jinks will become famous soon enough
Lurked one of these today. Lightweight, little green and red(!?) LED lights let you know how its feeling like a mood ring. Can handle just about any voltage, and accepts all types of lamp cords. Guy at the store said they were going to try to phase them in and Lumatek out. Said that people buy more individual Digis now, but you still get 1 guy every once and a while who will come in and buy 20 Magnetics...BUT 4hundo?! I too will wait.

Edit: Unless it comes with the arm. THEN with Cyberdyne arm power, I'll grow smoke that enslaves humankind.

Last edited by High Jinks; 11-26-2008 at 02:34 AM..
High Jinks jest offline   Quote

Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
Cannabean

Cannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of light
I just got one and tried to fire it up with a brand new hortilux 1000w hps in a brand new hydrofarm radiant 8 on a 120v outlet with no other devices connected on a 15amp breaker.
Bulb doesn't even try to fire. Immeaditely on plugging in I am getting the Solid Green/Blinking Red which reads: "Fault. Reset Ballast: Check input voltage. Change your bulb. Unplug for 5 minutes then reconnect power(tried this). If problem continues contact technician".
I have run 1200w+ on this outlet which should be on a breaker of 15 amp if not 20 amp. "check input voltage..." 120v...check? I have a hard time believeing it is a doa hortilux bulb(I don't have an extra bulb to test it against either)...

I don't know what to do...
any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated
Cannabean jest offline   Quote

Old 01-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
Cannabean

Cannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of lightCannabean is a glorious beacon of light
wow...it was my radiant 8 reflector/cord that is DOA...nothing at all wrong with the nextgen.
I plugged the 1000w nextgen and same 1000w horti bulb into another reflector and it fired right up.

Check this out, this is the radiant 8 box as I received it. See the hole in the box that was from impact with the top of the socket on the radiant 8. I didn't think anything of it until just now. I called PLH and they said they've heard of this before.

Careful with your radiant 8's!

edit:damn I can't figure out how to post pics with the new system

Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #19
OGRaq
Strong Arm Heavy

OGRaq will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabean View Post

edit:damn I can't figure out how to post pics with the new system
You can just go to photobucket or tiny pics and post pics that way,

or

Go to USER MENU, select PICTURES & ALBUMS and then upload some pics via ICM
OGRaq jest offline   Quote

Old 03-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #20
been

I'm surprised more cats aren't snatching these up. I Googled and this thread was the top result. Seems like these are top of the line with maybe Galaxy and the newest Future Brights right there too.

Anyone wanna jump in and tell us how great the C.A.P. Nextgen is?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #21
Cannabean

I have had mine for a short time now and its working great. Here is some more discussion about the nextgens: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=114356