Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique Vendors > Soma Seeds > Test Grows > SOMA-rockbud...

Thread Title Search    
Click to see great products at Aqua Lab!
 SOMA-rockbud... Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
bikertrash

bikertrash is on a distinguished road
SOMA-rockbud...

Hows it goin' everyone? Just wondering if any of you had the pleasure of growing out rock bud seeds? i just picked some up and i'm curious how they respond to nutes. what n-p-k do they like.i'm growing in soil and any info will help, just want things to go smooth! bikertrash
bikertrash jest offline   Quote

Old 12-12-2004, 01:14 AM   #2

what up dude how you doing i am currently growing out 6 rock buds they are about 1 month into flower.. ad let me tell you.. this plant loves i mean loves nitrogen..you can slam the piss out of her with nutes and she will do nothing but grow.. now she grows reall reall bushy..most of the innerleaves will die from the busshyness.. i am growing in a soiless mixture..if you have more question. just ask.. i can answer almost all questions you hvae on the rock bud for i hva ebeen growing the rockbud for well over 6 months now.. so ask away...

Swerve

Old 12-12-2004, 02:08 AM   #3
bikertrash

bikertrash is on a distinguished road
finally some one with answers...

Here goes, what type of nutes, n.p.k. ratios for veg/bloom,what size containers, how often are feeding them... I'm useing soil,so it will be slightly different but i can adjust to fit. I'm flowing in 2 gal right now is that enough for R.B.. About to germ,original misty and rockbud planning on useing paper towel method any better way??? Thanks, Bikertrash
bikertrash jest offline   Quote

Old 12-12-2004, 04:53 AM   #4
greenhit

greenhit is on a distinguished road
Swerve

How's the high S
hows the yield ?
reason im asking, currently growing 4 lav male x rock bud female
f1's. They seem super stout and hearty. Bushy tree,
I have smoked the lav, and it was racey to me, so wondering what the rb
will add. peace

thanks

-g

Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 AM   #5

whats up guys..

ok biker

i use general hydroponics 3prt flora series.i start out at around 200ppm and work all the way to at least 2000ppm at the end of flower.at the middle to end of flower i use gh's koolbloom..when they veg they love nutes(nitro especially) but she is a hog and man she loves light and boy is she bushy.
i started them by soaking the beans in water for 18-24 hrs and then i had tap root ,i placed in rockwool and under a dome.now here's the thing.. im not sure if everyone has probs germinating soma s beans but i had 5 show tap root and only 3 actually broke the surface and survived.. so watch them when germing them make sure the seed comes all the way off . out of the 3 i only had on girl who cloned like a charm.. very bushy so you can get a grip of clones..i never saw sex until i sexed her(when she was already 4 months old still no sign of sex) which took almost 2 weeks to finnally show...i started them in 6 inch containers then moved to 2 gallon containers then finnally to 5 gallon square pails. i would say the paper towel method will work just watch them when you plant them into the soil..2 gallon container is fine... they get fed about once a week cause of the huge pails they are in...

Greenhit..i dont know how the high is yet for im only 1 month into flower.i kept my rock bud mom for 6 monthsin vegg before i flowered her... the yield im going to say is ok. soma says it is a low yielder unless trained other wise. my RB mom is 4 feet tall and has at least 10 kolas on her right now. and man they are ok sized about average to everything else i have flowering, but man are they coated in crystals. covered!!!!already!! still got at least a month to go and koolbloom to pump into them.so i dont know yet gimme a month i will let you know. dude super stout super bushy i mean super bushy the RB is.. and the colors man o man the colors are soo cool.. but if you really really want them colors to come out you have to drop the temps to at least the low 70's. mine are all crazy looking the colors are insane. from orange to red to black.. really cool.. how's the lavender bud im thinking of growing that next....

well hope this helps i will post some pics later today maybe tom for you guys ok..

Swerve

Old 12-15-2004, 12:37 AM   #6

so here's some pics of my rock buds about 4 weeks from harvest

now keep in mind these still about a month togo so the colors will come out even more hopefully more on the red side rather than orange but either way my klozit looks great cause of it..

hope you like and ask away if you have any more questions

swerve

Old 12-15-2004, 12:47 AM   #7
friendlyfriend
Banned

friendlyfriend is on a distinguished road
good deal your almost there
friendlyfriend jest offline   Quote

Old 12-15-2004, 03:07 AM   #8
greenhit

greenhit is on a distinguished road
great shots above thumbs up totally

going out on a limb here,
but i don't think it matters
if the rockbud comes out more
orange or purple to the leaves
or the green pheno, buzz/high wise
or am i wrong on this assumption
anyone ?
Just that someone told me that a while back
and just took it for granted, but now reflecting
on it, while high of course im wondering ?
hhmmmmmmm

-g

Old 12-16-2004, 01:42 AM   #9

Super kind buds there Swerve...

Old 12-22-2004, 12:39 AM   #10

here's a few more rock bud pics for you soma guys.. man i love his genetics
sugar coated i swear and starting to get fat real fat

hope you like

swerve

Old 08-22-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
twisted passion

twisted passion will become famous soon enough
i know this an old thread but how did they turn out are there any pics i am thinking of getting some for breeding thanks all

AFGHAN BERRIES THREAD : COME JOIN THE FUN WON'T YOU
twisted passion jest offline   Quote

Old 08-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #12

soma rock bud is yummy as hell i got a green pheno and the color pheno and man they were yummy great high good taste. his color pehno taste like grapefruit all the way .. you can see the afghani Xhawaiian in her.nice tight dense as hell buds.. make sure to have lots of airflow in dryn for mold purposes

Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 AM   #13
Organic Farmer

What a BUD bro...

Old 04-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
Sheeba
www.bonjour.com

Sheeba will become famous soon enough
very sweet! I just got my hands on some rockbud clones! The guy says its an amazing pheno..

Sweet pics thanks for sharing.
Sheeba jest offline   Quote

Old 05-22-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
Jare
Genetics' hunter

Jare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivorJare is a survivor
Really nice job man
Jare jest offline   Quote