Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > 600W soil grow: Sweet Tooth #3 and AK48 F2 round 2

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
600W soil grow: Sweet Tooth #3 and AK48 F2 round 2 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2007, 12:24 PM #1
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
600W soil grow: Sweet Tooth #3 and AK48 F2 round 2

I just harvested my first swt #3 and AK48 grow so now I'm going for a second round. I have 14 plants I took as clones 8 weeks ago when I started flowering. The original plan was to use those as mothers and take clones for the next grow but because I had some delivery problems I didn't get new pots fast enough so they didn't get large enough for me to take enough clones fast enough. Therefore I'll be flowering them as they are and take clones again. I'm not sure if this is gonna be my last run with swt #3 - the yield has been disappointing but there were also things that went wrong: I had a massive thrips infection that affected yield a lot, and some of the clones were not ready for flowering when I hit the switch. This time I have fewer but larger plants, and I'll also be vegging for at least a week to make sure the plants and root system will be ready. My guest star this round is a single skunk #1 plant from seed. In my last round I also had a skunk #1 but it turned out male - I'm hoping for a female this time
You might see some Satori plants enter the room at some point but it's mostly gonna be for sexing as I'll be taking clones for a smaller grow with a 250W hps.

I'll get some pictures up when I get the chance.

Last edited by blackone; 12-11-2007 at 12:28 PM..
blackone is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM #2
eastside_farmer

eastside_farmer is on a distinguished road
I'll be watching, if you can get some pics!

good luck, stay safe
eastside_farmer is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2007, 03:17 AM #3
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
My veggies.
I'm not sure when I'll hit the flower switch, but definitely not yet. From my last grow I know that sweet tooth likes her vegging time.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:59 AM #4
blackone

Forgot to mention: I started taking clones yesterday, and I'll be taking more every day as I prune the lower growth. I still haven't made up my mind if this is gonna be my last sweet tooth run because my last grow was so horrible, but I know that I can do a lot of things better this time so maybe it could still turn out to be an ok strain. I'm really looking for something that will grow nicely in a SOG from a well rooted clone with only a few days veg because I feel like I'm wasting a lot of time and power vegging under the big light. I got some Satori seedlings in my vegging cab and if the veg of these babies go past the 14 day mark then those will also be flowered here.

Last edited by blackone; 12-12-2007 at 11:10 AM..

Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 PM #5
guest101

Usually, if a pheno gives me the impression its not very good, i cut him and dont keep him! No second chance...
If its good in normal condicions, it may be great in excel condicions...
Bad to great is kinda difficult!
Veg them more, trimm them more on the bottom when they are bigger...
Good luck with you babies!!!

PS- Hows the mini 250 cab man??

Last edited by guest101; 12-19-2007 at 11:41 PM..

Old 12-19-2007, 11:57 PM #6
Sammet
Med grower

Sammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of lightSammet is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Blackone - I'm currently growing some Sweet Tooth from Barney's Farm - any Sweet Tooth tips? Any special phenos I should look out for? I checked out your harvest photos, looks like some really great bud - how does it smoke?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 AM #7
blackone

I had some issues affecting my smallest plants - the leaf tips were getting burned and the leaves curled up and dried out. MynameStitch has been on the case and thinks it's a nutrient burn, since I had pretty hot runoff.
They all seem to be doing a lot better now though, so it probably won't be long before I flower. I might get some pics up tonight when I water.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 PM #8
blackone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammet
Hey Blackone - I'm currently growing some Sweet Tooth from Barney's Farm - any Sweet Tooth tips? Any special phenos I should look out for? I checked out your harvest photos, looks like some really great bud - how does it smoke?

I don't really know fi I can give you any tips since you're growing Barney's sweet tooth. I don't know if that's an F2 of the original?
But if it's anything like mine then it requires some veg before flowering - newly rooted clones haven't been very successful for me.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:14 PM #9
ethereal
Warrior

ethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the rough
havent been successful?

not only the genetics but no matter what you could stick AT LEAST another row in there unless u really plan on bushing em out with an extended veg. if yer thinkin s.o.g. then definitely pack more in! 600 in a reflective area like that can do it no problem if those pots are the size i think they are... how many inches do they measure on a diagnal at the opening? be well

Old 12-21-2007, 01:15 PM #10
ethereal
Warrior

ethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the roughethereal is a jewel in the rough
sammet i say just keep doing what you are doing, those babies look stellar!

ciao