What's new

Wild Hemp Shots

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
we used to produce some hemp back in the day in the midwest, some old b/w pics of fields and fields of it, kids used to cut it down and make rooms in it.

we have still wild stands every where, part of the prob w/gorilla, that any seeds you find in the stash could be suspect

anyways, was out and saw these wild ones.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
so what happends if they all end up being female will they flower ok?

flower like shit bro, this is ditch weed. hemp. we ripped it out whenever we see it, we do not want the pollen around.

try to through male stock out to help breed him, but that prob would take forever.

outdoor stuff sometimes gets seeds from wild pollen but we never use that stock.

we had acres and acres of it in the guerilla fields

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
Wild Hemp Male Shots

Wild Hemp Male Shots

Now close to end of July, no signs yet of any sexing on the quality genes, but the wild hemp is ready to "party":noway:

Sometimes that pollen is around forever, sometimes the ones in the shadey areas do not bust em out for another month, but that wild stuff is everywhere.:wallbash:

Some males rearin their ugly heads
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

E

elmanito

Terrific pics.Always nice to see those Ditchweed pics.Its a pity you don't have a testkit for determining the cannabinoid profile.These could be greatgreatgreat grandchildren of Kentucky hemp, Michigan Early, Chinamington or Simple Leaf varieties.
One of these plants could have a high CBD-content.Whats the smell like????

Namaste :canabis:

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
DNA testing for cannabinoids?

You know, for years people have actually harvested some of the local "ditchweed" for years. It never seemed to work for us in younger days, though we tried. We even so far as to keep pullin the males out each year and throwing the unwanted bagseed back years ago. The buds are misleading huge and sticky, very seedy and whispy once you get at a good look at em. Smell is very fruity, not like a ditchweed, but still have not been able to bring my self to sample it since then, thankfully. Myabe once should through a couple good strains and and just let em go........

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I have noticed that the hemp males start to flower and throw pollen earliery then good strains; and that the females are ahead of the good strains also. This particular spot, I have been throwing the bagseed that peeps give me, and this year the females are a little further behind then usually? maybe some of the traits are starting to pass on. I will have to go on a hike and find some wild hemp that has not had some stock added to it.....and maybe even drop off some unwanted male stock in a wild local also? male good stuff pollinating wild hemp? what would come of it. Just playin around and having fun.

here is a shot of the female i been watchin:
picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
so really! If some of the wild plants turn out female and no male is around for a mile or 2 to pollinate the females then I would think that the wild females would grow some very nice good buds.

I mean marijuana had to start growing somewhere in this world many millions of years ago right. then people from all over the world met some where in the world from time to time and traded there marijuana they had growen.
and the males they were given got there best femals pregnant
and over a boatload of years later there is a tone of different weed strains.

If it was me I would take out all the males and take good care of some nice females to try the buds to see what I would get.
I would walk around and take out every male I could find and I would walk around all day too just to make sure I get all the males.

tell me how could a wild female plant with no seeds in it couldn't get u high.
well enough ranting for now the end.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
Well, stay tuned and I will post ya some of those wild buds within in the next month, they huge. Sometimes double my height. We tried to smoke it when young, nothing but headache. One guy in our town got busted with garbage bags, yes bags full, and never got in trouble, no THC content.

This little patch is somewhat close, so as I stated we have been throwing out seeds, I did sample some last year, but nothing...

who knows what will happen to them?

as far as pulling all the males out, unfortunately, I do not own all the property in my state, and trespassing is still illegal (lol), but nice thought. On our property have been pulling it out for 20 years myself, 50 or so for the family, so you can't irradicate it.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
nice!!
when i saw the movie 'Acapulco Gold' and they showed big ass fields of wild hemp i was saying "damn i wish i could see some shit like that!"
i forgot about the hassles of hemp pollinating your cultivated marijuana.
thanks for the pics and i hope you can get some buds to smoke
peace

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
if we would try anything with the wild hemp, it would be to run it through bubble bags and try it pure as can be.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canna I can take you to many spots with the wild hemp in if you would like. But we treid everything as kids to try and catch even a tiny buzz from these plants and the only effect is a headache once in awhile. We did find a few females scattered about that had no seeds in it still no effect. We used to fill the back of pickup trucks with it. We never did try any breeding with it as it seems a waste of time to us. Why work with shit when you have amazing strains to work with already? It does seem to be disapearing from the area some as I don't notice many patches when driving down the road or I guess it could just be my eyes getting older.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
nope, just the weed getting better, everything is blurry now!

This little patch is actually wild x cultivated, discarded old seeds from crap weed. There is another thread out there with some actual scientific info and such.

I just playin.