What's new

Fox Farm Nutes

bterzz

Veteran
Ok so I have heard both.. They are organic and they aren't organic.

The conclusion I came to is that everything is mostly organic, with a little bit of additives for PH adjustments.

The real reason I started this thread, is because WHO HAS PICTURES of plants they have grown with the Fox Farm Line.

Is the Fox Farm line good? I dont care about being completely 100% organic but I sure wouldnt mind growing organic either.. so whats the deal on this stuff.

Sorry for not making complete sense, just smoked my first BT after long day :joint::woohoo:

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Grow Big and Tiger Bloom I believe are organic based, but Big Bloom is 100% organic. The whole fox farm line is good according to fellas here, but I'd say stray towards 100%. That way you have the peace of mind of knowing your bud has no skeletons in it's closet.

bterzz

Veteran
True that! Ive only been using Big Bloom for root growth with the FFOF I have now..

What are some good things I can add for flower?? :D :D This should be fun / tasty..

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
You can use Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom through flowering. Additionally you can use the bud boosters Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom, and Cha Ching.

bterzz

Veteran
I actually have two packets of each (open, beastie, chaching) and some AN Big Bud.

Ive always wanted to grow organic though :D :D

Thanks guys

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Here is a link for Fox Farm Feeding schedule.

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

Now be careful! Those are not the strengths you should use. Start off at 1/4 to 1/2 what they and work your way up if the plants ask for it.

The useful part of the guide is knowing when to use what nutes.

Open Sesame at beginning of flower and etc... You probably will want to use no nutes for at least the last week.

Aslo, I don't know how many people would recommend using Grow Big in flower. I'm using 1/2 tsp grow big until I see sex and than they are going to be cut off from N unless again, they ask for it. :]

oregon_guy

I use the grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom. I am pretty happy with the results so far. But to be honest though I have not tried some of the more "trendy" ones out there. Here is Wonder Diesel at day 72. It looks a little funny as I had to tie her down about 3 weeks 12/12 :

picture.php

picture.php

Techna

Grown with

Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Grow Big
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
Fox Farm Open Sesame
Botanicare SWEET
Botanicare Silica Blast
AN Final Phase

Pre 98 Bubba

I don't have pics of my first grow up yet, but I have used to FF trio for the first grow with good results. I believe its actually synthesized organics or contains organic materials, but anything that changes the ppm so drastically that fast can't be organic, thats my two cents at least. Not that you don't get a great taste once flushed, but you must flush due to the high amounts of salts that build up. Don't follow the directions, go less as mine burn with exact applications. Good solid line but I also throw in some AN Iguana juice for supplemental sources w diff NPK ratings.

bterzz

Veteran
Thanks for the info Sweet! Thanks for the pics Techna!

This is what i'm using.. I can't wait to post some pictures when im done.

fox farm ocean forest (30% perlite added)
Root Exculerator
fox farm grow big (every once in awhile, soil is still hot)
fox farm big bloom
fox farm tiger bloom
fox farm open sesame
fox farm beastie buds
fox farm chaching
Advanced Nutrients BIG BUD.

Anything else I should consider getting?

The OPEN,BEASTIE,and CHACHING were freebies. I'm kind of scared to use them considering how high the NPK is.

What do you all think?

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
fox farm ocean forest (30% perlite added)

fox farm grow big (every once in awhile, soil is still hot)
fox farm big bloom

Add a good tea with molasses and you wont need much else. You can drop all the other stuff you have. I am sure it works, but you dont need it to have big stinky potent nuggets. That FFOF and big bloomk should be enough for all but the hungriest strains. In my experience anyway.

master shake

I've use/used happy frog and ocean forest also grow big sometimes; been using OF last 2 harvests, may switch back to happy frog or a mix of the 2. Never used the bloom ferts though, use earth juice because it has no N which I like. Pretty much everything in my pic gallery is mine using what I mentioned before.

M

moses224

how many weeks after start of flowering did plants go before yellowing? im tryimg to nail days down i go 3-4 weeks then theyslowly yellow from there as they ate up most nitrogen

my double x day 94 slight lime color is from camera flash they are dark yellow

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
no offense to anyone who likes this stuff, but buds grown with these products seem to pale in comarison to TRUE organic meds, even leaving me with a slight headache afterwards...

But to be fair, I've used it with good results, and its easy as pie!
I reccomend the Fox farm line to my friends who can't wrap their heads around living organics yet.

peace

afgooey

True that! Ive only been using Big Bloom for root growth with the FFOF I have now..

What are some good things I can add for flower?? :D :D This should be fun / tasty..
hey for flower get on to some,open seaseme and late in flower hit them with some chaching and you can thank me later,lol