What's new

Tattoos and pain

THC•20

Well I was thinking about getting a tattoo...actually about 10 lol. But I don't want to go through with the pain. Is there any strain of Cannabis that is so strong that it would basically make the pain go away? Or would a combo of weed and some type of pill like vicodin work? I know I'd feel it when I come down but at least I wouldn't have to deal with it as it was slowly being marked on my skin.

J

Jack Crevalle

SICK! Go for it, tattoos rock! I love 'em...
Cannabis is the worst for pain if used alone, however it can be great if used with other things! If you drink some alcohol (I don't condone abuse) it will numb the nerves alot and help 100 fold. Vicodin also help alot (if you have a perscription of course and don't mix too much ;) with alcohol;;)
. Don't get drunk or it will be overwhelming, just 2 beers or a big glass of wine and your good! Alcohol numbs the nerves and can make tattoos much more enjoyable. Also, tattoos near the outside ankle really hurt alot, get something like your back or arms or hip, whatever, but get used to the pain before you do outer ankles, they really hurt, peace

Last edited:

THC•20

Some one told me that I shouldn't get tattoos when I was drunk because it would make me bleed more or I wouldn't be able to get it done or something. I did consider that though...I dunno.

J

Jack Crevalle

. Don't get drunk or it will be overwhelming, just 2 beers or a big glass of wine and your good! Alcohol numbs the nerves and can make tattoos much more enjoyable.

I have over 20 tattoos, do whatever you think is best! I know what works...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The pain from getting a tattoo......is what you might call 'a right of passage'......to a place that is innitially uncomfortable to say the least but you can train your mind to bear it so increasing your pain threshold.....

....I had 2 x 6 hour sittings once on a forearm and grinned all the way thru.......grin and bear it....learning to deal with pain is part of life.......we all have to at some point.....alcohol thins the blood and makes you bleed more and most tattooists won't ink you if you have been drinking....

everytime i try to get my tattoo done i get sick even when i smoke weed before, during, whatever, so my tattoo artist told me to take a pill before i came next time

G

I have over 30 hours of work done, so far! LOL I don't think it's really painful. More annoying than anything. Don't drink, it will make you bleed more and most shops frown upon it.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tattoos aren't really that painful.
like it was stated earlier, just kinda annoying.
parts of the body that the sun don't shine on will hurt the worst.
ie: backside of your arms (triceps)
inside of your wrists
ribs
most shops won't work on you if your drunk.
you bleed like a siv.
my wife got one on the small of her back and took it like a champ.
she said it barely hurt and men are babies for whining about the pain of tatts.
she said if you want real pain, give birth.

should i rephase my statement, when getting my lower back tattoo i get sick b/c my anxiety kicks in just waiting for it to be finshed

J

Jack Crevalle

Some one told me that I shouldn't get tattoos when I was drunk because it would make me bleed more or I wouldn't be able to get it done or something...

Getting drunk is stupid, period.

alcohol thins the blood and makes you bleed more and most tattooists won't ink you if you have been drinking....

Alcohol thins the blood, so what? Two beers will make no difference. Tattoos are scrapes on the skin, to say a tattoo shop won't take your $500 is a LIE.A little more blood, big fuckin' deal, get an extra roll of fucken' paper towels...

everytime i try to get my tattoo done i get sick even when i smoke weed before, during, whatever, so my tattoo artist told me to take a pill before i came next time

Yes, if you have a prescription, a valium or vicodin may help imo, but herb by itself intensifies the needle..

It doesn't hurt too bad.

No pain no gain right?

Definitely, but i like a painkiller or two, cause I'm a pussy;)

Don't drink, it will make you bleed more and most shops frown upon it.

BULLSHIT, Lets see how many shops will turn down the basic $500 after 2 beers

most shops won't work on you if your drunk.
you bleed like a siv.

Again, no one said get drunk you bunch of dramam queens, I said 2 beers or 1 glass of wine suckers..

Hi Gyspy! Good to see ya!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whatever buddy, i know around here, artists wont take you in if your drunk, i think its a law.
and for the record, only real queens drink wine.
i'm no pussy, i like the pain.
most people w/ tatts do, thats why we always go back for more.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
No beer,no weed,

What I do is I use the Vulcan Mind Meld on myself
(there is no pain, there is ni pain.) :alien:

Humanure

a good shop WONT let you get tattooed drunk.
lets make that clear, tons of scratchers would gladly take your money though.. theres a big difference between artists & scratchers.

grin & bear it, the needle pricks are there to remind you of the moment..
theres nothing like getting outlined..wicked pain in some places, but most are very bearable. just keep focused

Last edited:
:spank:
cocktail frank said:
i'm no pussy, i like the pain.
most people w/ tatts do, thats why we always go back for more.
:spank:

dude i was even told not to drink, but hey if your artist lets you and you don't care go for it, my last question does our opinion really matter that much

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack Crevalle said:
Getting drunk is stupid, period.

Alcohol thins the blood, so what? Two beers will make no difference. Tattoos are scrapes on the skin, to say a tattoo shop won't take your $500 is a LIE.A little more blood, big fuckin' deal, get an extra roll of fucken' paper towels...

Yes, if you have a prescription, a valium or vicodin may help imo, but herb by itself intensifies the needle..

Definitely, but i like a painkiller or two, cause I'm a pussy;)

BULLSHIT, Lets see how many shops will turn down the basic $500 after 2 beers

Again, no one said get drunk you bunch of dramam queens, I said 2 beers or 1 glass of wine suckers..

Hi Gyspy! Good to see ya!

Why so rude Jack ?? Multiple ppl said the samething.... yet you come in and call them all drama queens. Jack lets show some respect to your fellow members. Remember you get back what you put out!!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bitchhitsbongs said:
:spank: :spank:

dude i was even told not to drink, but hey if your artist lets you and you don't care go for it, my last question does our opinion really matter that much
you mean me?
i said not to drink.
if you meant jack....carry on :p

THC•20

No offense Jack but speaking of drinking you sound like a drunk lol why all the anger? Also even if drinking worked I can't do that, I don't believe in drinking and never really had a drink in my life...ok I got drunk once so what. But maybe I'll take like 3 vics and just leave the weed alone lol.

I had 4, 4 hour sittings for the piece on my leg. The pain is really only for a few moments until your body starts kicking in with all those loverly endorphins and then it's just a matter of being able to sit in one position for a few hours on end, depending on the location and size of the piece of coarse.

I kinda wussed out on my first tattoo and went with something small and very little detail, just to kind of break my cherry and see how painful it was gonna be.

When I asked my artist about the pain, he said it's better then getting your hand slammed in a car door, so that put my mind at ease.......not really :smile:

G

I like the way getting tattooed feels. I fell asleep during a piece on my calf. On the alcohol/Pharmaceutical Issue ... Thin blood = More bleeding = Shitty looking tattoo. It isn't just a scrape of the skin (well maybe not in the case of the scratchers you get drunken tattoos by Jack HeHeHe J/K). You are staining Future Layers of skin. If you bleed more less ink Takes to your skin and the harder it is for your artist to create.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts