What's new

New Technology - SONIC BLOOM!!

Rellikbuzz

A while back I started a thread inquiring if anyone played music in their grow room to stimulate the plants. There was some interesting exchange of ideas on this topic. One of the more interesting posts was by Jubei and another by Fuzzy&Sauce BBG. Jubei brought up the name of a company out of Minnesota called Sonic Bloom and then Fuzzy put up some other info on Sonic Bloom as well.

Sonic Bloom is a company started by Dan Carlson, who studied plant physiology at the University of Minnesota. He has made a career of studying how plants are affected by certain frequencies of sound waves. He has isolated a frequency that is consanant with the chirping sounds that birds make. His studies revealed that these frequencies have the effect of more open and developed stomata which allows the plant to breath better, absorb more nutrients and photosynthesize at a much higher rate.

He has also developed, to be used along with these precorded sounds, a special organic spray to apply to the leaves along with the sound that induces stomata to open. His well-documented experiments all around the world with everything from tomatoes to walnut trees to rice fields have shown 500% increases in yields when compared to test groups!

To my knowledge, no threads of the use of Sonic Bloom on Cannabis have been documented either here or at OG or CW. I should have the product in the next couple of weeks. However, I can't decide whether to use it on my plants that I have going now (I'm ten day into 12/12 already) or wait and use them on my clones that I just took and four Sour Mist seedlings as well as three Kalichakra seedlings that I just started.

If I wait, I would be able to compare the difference in growth and yield of my next grow to my current grow. Obviously, we could get some idea as to Sonic Bloom's effectiveness. On the other hand, if I use it now (or when it gets here) I could potentially increase the yield of my current crop. Damn, more decisions! :biglaugh: Maybe some of IC's finest could tell me what they think I should do? :confused:

For those of you interested in reading up a bit on Sonic Bloom (and I highly recommend you do), here's the website.

www.sonicbloom.com

You can order right from this website as this is what I did. I've only found a couple other outlets for the product on line, including one on Ebay, but the price was even higher there. Be forewarned, this is not a particularly inexpensive product. Including shipping, the Home & Garden Kit was about $91.00 but, as I said before, it's cheaper than some other outlets for it. The way I figure it, if I get one more ounce than I otherwise would, it will way more than pay for itself and the promise of much more than that is there. The only word of caution about ordering from the site is that they don't ship in discreet packaging. It will apparently say Sonic Bloom on it, so you might want to consider an alternate address or safe addy.

I'm not one to get easily sucked into every new supplement on the market (unless it's Advanced Nutes stuff :biglaugh: ) but this one uses a different technology. Sound waves! And I know we have all heard at one time or the other that sound has, indeed, affected plants positively. So, I just had to try this one out! Who knows, maybe BOG will one day use this to create his new intergalactic strain, Sonic Sour Bubble!! :canabis: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

G

the only problem I see with the product and cannabis is that there is gibberalin(sp) acids listed as ingreidents....and as we know....GA is used to self a plant....so....that would be my concern

Rellikbuzz

Hmmm, good point, Hillbillie. I wonder if there is another plant(s) with female/male sexual distinctions that I could ask about the affect of Sonic Bloom's spray on? If anyone can think of another plant, I will contact Sonic Bloom to ask what affect, if any, the giberellic acid will have on them. Any suggestions? :confused:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grapes pehaps(they do seeded and seedless). Anyway well done for having the sense of adventure to test it.
Peace

G

Seedless grapes are not the products of unfertilized female flowers. They have seeds, the seeds are just soft and edible, like bananas.

I would suggest inquiring about the cultivation of hops, a male/female flower that is closely related to marijuana and is used by homebrewers and larger breweries to make beer. It is a common crop in cooler areas and there is no need to feel bad about asking about hops. The hop flowers produce resins that protect it much like cannabis, however the hops resins are not psychoactive.

On another note, I am almost always skeptical when I hear of people claiming that talking or singing to their plants is beneficial. If anything, perhaps I could agree that the CO2 content of your exhaled breath will help slightly, but I highly doubt that plants can distinguish between various frequencies and intensities of sound.

I do wish you luck on your experiment, and I hope you choose to do a baseline grow before using this product. Make sure the only variable you change is the music. Good luck and I look forward to your results.

Dutch Master Feminiser/ A must!!!

Dutch Master Feminiser/ A must!!!

Should keep them from going Male.... I have Sonic Bloom too but I am waiting to get into a new spot before I pull out all the Stops.. got alot of goddies... here some info...

Have you got male flowers ? Tired of getting seeds in your flower crops? Then you need Dutch Master Feminiser!
Dutch Master Feminiser is a uniquely engineered formulation that can, in most cases, stop hermaphroditic plants from exhibiting male traits & flowers. Dutch Master Feminiser has a fast knockdown action against existing male flowers as well as preventing more male flowers from forming, due to Dutch Master Feminisers unique biological engineering process.
By using phospholipids to help with the rapid uptake of phosphorus you can knockdown male flowers in certain dioecious plants quickly & effectively. With Dutch Master Feminiser you won’t have to reduce your nutrient strength substantially as with most other products on the market or experience the severity of plant droop that can often occur when using these types of products.
Dutch Master Feminiser should also be used as a preventative tool prior to male flowers appearing if you are at all unsure if your plant will exhibit hermaphroditic traits.
Dutch Master Feminiser is ready to go. No mixing, no getting the dosing wrong, just spray your plants until the leaves are saturated. For the best & most consistent results you should always use Dutch Master Penetrator with this product. Dutch Master Feminiser has been specifically designed to work best with the addition of Penetrator.
So if you want to put an end to the male flower problem , then you need Dutch Master Feminiser!

Sauce

R

rule35sub1

I know someone that uses sonic bloom. He used it on 4 plants in his garden of clones. He said that the 4 plants he tried it on, were outgrowing the rest of his garden. After his harvest, he said that they produced bigger stronger buds than the rest of his garden all together and the yield looked about equal to the 8 untreated plants. I hope that helps. All his plannts were female, no hermies neither. i want to try it out myself next grow, the cheapest i found it for was 65 bucks, well worth it i guess.

As far as the sounds, all they do is trigger the plant's leaves to open their stomatas wide cuz it's feeding time. It is based on birds singing in the morning before sunrise and plants suck up all the dew on their leaves.

I have it and have used it for a a week a veggie and we are now is day 25 of flowering. The haven't explosed yet but the bottle says it takes five weeks to react. I would use it if i was in flower. IT smells like molasses and the music is real ethereal classical and wizard of oz type stuff. remember it only has to increase your yield by a quarter to pay for itself. I am optimistic but I have not control group to compare it to. It is interesting in theory. the whole vibe of the room is more peaceful to us so I don't know why the plants wouldn't also enjoy it.

Rellikbuzz

Hey Rule - Thanks for sharing that, bro! Four plants yielded the same amount as eight plants? Wow, that is sure a vote of confidence for Sonic Bloom then, don't you think?

For those who need further convincing of the validity of this product and it's inventor, Dr. Dan Carlson, check out his bio on the Sonic Bloom website. He's been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in rejuvinating the farms and fields of impoverished nations around the world using Sonic Bloom!

Here's the link to his bio and awards:

http://www.sonicbloom.com/dansbio.htm

R

rule35sub1

I was reading about his world record plant. Amazing! A plant that grows to 18 inches and lives about 18months, has grown to 1200 feet and is 26 years old just from the sonic bloom. WOW!!

Rellikbuzz

Well, today I received the Sonic Bloom Home and Garden Kit. As you can see it's not very stealthy packaging. However, IMO you would have to be overly paranoid to be worried about accepting a package targeted at house plant use. If you are still worried, just have them send it to your safe addy.

Here is the contents of the Home and Garden Kit.

Here's a close-up of the foliar spray concentrate label showing the break-down of the ingredients.

While waiting on the package to arrive, I did a little research over on Cannabis World and found a couple of threads on Sonic Bloom. On in particular had a couple of members doing grows using SB. While both growers did experience more vital growth and vigor in their plants that they had used SB on (they show side by side comparisons of plants using SB and not using it), both growers stated that their humidity levels rose noticably because the plants transpired so much more. In fact, one grower abandoned it in bloom because he had a pretty significant powdery mildew probably set in during bloom.

Both growers did state that they believed that SB did result in more healthy plants and one of them said that he did have a better yield from his plants with SB. The other gower stated that he thought that the yields would have been similar even if he was able to continue the use through to harvest.

Both growers also stated that they believed that the music/sound on the CD was the most effective part of the program and one of the growers thought that you could use other types of foliar feed with the sound and do as well. So, the jury seems to still be out a bit on this. However, I will return to this thread as I intend to do a side by side comparison on my next grow which is already underway. I have clones from all of my female Blue Thunders and my one Apollo Mist gal. Additionally, I have started some Kalichakra seeds (Mandala Seeds) and some Sour Mist (Resevior Seeds). I plan on treating two or three out of eight plants throughout the grow and into bloom. We shall see what this is all about . . . hopefully! :confused:

I may go ahead and use the sound on my plants that are fifteen days into flower just to see if there is any difference. The instruction say that "you should notice significant growth in 5 to 7 weeks". I don't know if this means that it takes 5 to 7 weeks for it to affect the plants or this is just the first point at which you will see significant difference between treated and untreated plants. So, I'm not sure if playing the music to my ladies in flower now will make much difference but I guess it can't hurt things. I'll keep everyone posted on the results as they show themselves!

badmf

FYI; This is re-cycled information. A company had this same idea many moons ago. Some plants respond to classical music just as well as this and all you need to do is turn on the radio! lol The experiments on this show it works but not to any great extent, so don't mortgage the farm!

G

gibberlic you mean hill?
idk.. i saw something about it in the cannabible 2, man so idk

the whole package is like 50 bucks so no one's losing any farm. the plants clearly enjoy the vibe of the music, and you will too.

Rellikbuzz

Hey Badmf, what going on bro? I guess the title of my thread is a little deceptive. Sonic Bloom isn't really new but it certainly is fairly new to the cannabis community. Apparently back in the 70's there was a professor that experimented with music and it's affects on plants. Dr. Don Carlson started his research, that was the beginnings of Sonic Bloom, shortly after. So, Sonic Bloom has been around for twenty years or so.

Nevertheless, it's usefulness or effectiveness on cannabis still remains a bit of a question mark as few growers have experimented with it's effectiveness. Naysayers are quick to point out that just music or the radio would have the same results. However, this is not factual as on the Sonic Bloom CD, there is an embedded sound (you can hear it) that cycles at 5000 cps (cycles per second) that is responsible for opening the stomata on the plants to make them breath more, uptake significantly more nutrients, transpire at a much higher rate, accelerate plant metablism and, ultimately, generate greater yields. The sound is said to be "consanant" with birds chirping. Regular classical or modern music certainly produces sound in and around 5000 cps but only momentarily as the music progresses through it's changes. With the sound embedded and played constantly, this ensures that the stomata are being stimulated the entire time. Through microscopic analysis of the stomata, Carlson was able to isolate this pitch of sound as the pitch that stimulated the plants and opened the stomata the most.

IMHO the science is there to support enhanced growth. The only way to find out for sure is to try it and see. I tend to be as skeptical as the next guy but not so stubborn or ignorant as to think that something like this (as unorthodox as it may seem) couldn't possibly work. :confused:

G

Wow, what a weird product, I am interested in seeing if it actually works...I agree though I don't see a reason why not. I am amazed you actually ordered the product! I hope it works out for you.

R

rule35sub1

Rellik I hope it works out well for you. I am very interested to see your results. I have been contemplating getting it also but I have already blown enough cash for my grows for now.

Rellikbuzz

Freedom Fido - I think you're right on about that! Certainly Carlson must have targeted his study of sound around the chirping of birds and the sonic resonance of nature itself.

Nate the Great - It is a bit of a wierd product and science but, hey, we try some rather unorthodox shit (pissing on plants :biglaugh: ) in our pursuit of harvesting bigger, more potent buds. So, maybe this isn't so far off "the beaten path".

Boy, do I ever hear what you're saying there Rule, my brotha! It's gonna take a pretty decent harvest for me to just recoup my expenses to date which is somewhere around $3,500.00 and counting. At this point, I'd stand in there naked, chirping like a bird myself if I thought it would do any good!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: