What's new

Tom Hill Seeds, reports please...

G

cripple creek is pine tar kush and deep chunk right?

at any rate,

if anyone knows the complete lineage of cripple creek and how it came to be please share, is it just a single cross of the two varieties?

tia

cj

Last edited:
G

Pine Tar Kush friggin rocks!!! I have grown it out twice now and a few clones along the way and it is killer kush smokin blissssss.

I just bought more Pine Tar Kush beans to run some more.

I have Caljax around here as well but have'nt done anything with them yet.

Tex

G

hey zep... Deep Wreck and Deep Warp are not Tom Hill strains

they are made/sold by the Richard Williams Seed Co

peach125

Deep Wreck also is one of there Strains... I would like to see a report on that strain....
Peace...Peach

G

I thought the Deep Wreck and Deep Warp were some crosses Jimmy Nintz did awhile back

Tex

S

strain_searcher

Cripple Creek was a the best budI have had the pleasure of growing. I grew it from clone but Its one mean indica with purple late in flower taste and smells like grapefruity skunk CHRONIC and is done in 45 days.

G

yo , strain..

yo , strain..

still got your cut or naw?

just got a bunch of Deep Chunk Beans today

deep chunk is supposed to be a true inbred ('Ghani) line and can not WAIT to start playin'

expect a report HERE, when the time comes.

OGBub also has a great thread on his DC work, definitely worth checking out.

cj

G

Personally I feel Deep chunk is one of the best IBL ghani's out there. Not much of a yielder, hates too much water, and grows glove-sized fans. If you grow it I would suggest vegging for at least 100 days and really training her/selective fan prunings as too help the yield a bit.

The smoke is earthy/hashy but smooth. A very soothing slight sedative high without complete couchlock/drool.

There are a few packs at C-bay(WCSC charity) which I made using this mom as well as a purple father DC donor.

Peace

ES

Last edited:

3legdog

Excellent thread & for a while now those pine tar kush beans have tempted me :) ...mabey this order :chin:

Veda Beta

Thanks.

Thanks.

WOW, I posted this and forgot about it for a bit... Well I have only had the pleasure of growing out the Pine Tar Kush.

maddog99 said:
umm missing CalJax
Yea I'll ask to add it... lemme find the description ;)

CaptainJack said:
cripple creek is pine tar kush and deep chunk right?
Cripple Creek is : An F1 hybrid- (Pine Tar Kush X Deep Chunk)

Texas Kid said:
Pine Tar Kush friggin rocks!!! I have grown it out twice now and a few clones along the way and it is killer kush smokin blissssss.
I just bought more Pine Tar Kush beans to run some more.
I have Caljax around here as well but have'nt done anything with them yet.
Tex
Well Tex I always love seeing all your gals and that freakin magical lucky shot glass, even #2, wish ya could run them caljax.. I also have wanted to pick up some more PTK's perhaps someone will take the time to make some good F2's for the community.

Thanks everyone, these have decriptions, but no real reports or well pics, if ya were to post em perhaps we could get em added to the Guide's directory.. or even yet post a report up and share with all. Here is the suggestion box thread I had for it being added for those interested in sharing: http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?p=8591225#post8591225

Would like to see it in some more guides also ;)

I currently dont have my PTK any longer, but have recieved some
(Salmon Creek Big Bud X Pine Tar Kush) X Pine Tar Kush and also Super Silver Haze (GreenHouse 02' ish ?) x Pine Tar Kush... Wonder what'll come of these ;) :chin:

-V.B

G

You know me, I am terrible with times but I think 7-8 weeks and they were monsters. I have a grow thread on them around here somewhere.

Killer purfumy smell but an unmistakeble kush taste and exhale as well as the yields of the kush input.

I thought about running TH's Pine Tar Kush and RM's Charles' Kush and make F1's from those two killer kush lines and go from there. I also have a master kush x hindu kush that might give it some diversity in the mix. Either way it should be a killer super kush hybrid.

Tex

Cloneman

Veteran
Veda Beta said:
I currently dont have my PTK any longer, but have recieved some
(Salmon Creek Big Bud X Pine Tar Kush) X Pine Tar Kush and also Super Silver Haze (GreenHouse 02' ish ?) x Pine Tar Kush... Wonder what'll come of these ;) :chin:

-V.B

Hey mate, i was going to do a strainguide report............

RIP my PTK Project on OG, mind you i was more of an observer of late.

Tom Hill seeds rock and i got them gratis a couple of years ago.
C

Cloneman

Veteran
Actually i just found my PTK Project info.......

A while ago I was given some seeds from Tom Hill………thanks mate.
Here are his descriptions……

"Pine Tar Kush"- A relatively unworked Pakistani inbred line. Lime green pine/skunk, one of my heavier yielding pure indicas. A very nice smoke of average potency with a rich flavor & chatty high. Some folk say it taste just like juicy fruit gum. Outdoors it finishes the second week of October, indoors about 60 days.

"SCBBXPTK"- This is an untested hybrid where the Salmon Creek Big Bud clone was hit by the Pine Tar Kush. I expect variable offspring of average potency, but there should be some very heavy yielders in there. Flavors should range between the PTK and the musky skunk of the SCBB. This is really just a step in a longer proccess of finding a suitable male to kick up the yield of my short fat indicas. They should finish outdoors by the second or third week of October, indoors about 60 days.

"Cripple Creek"- An F1 hybrid- (Pine Tar Kush X Deep Chunk) I like this one a lot. Super rich flavor with an excellent high. It is higher yielding than the Deep Chunk, and may be a contender as a high grade commercial bud. This one takes me back to the days of cut-off shirts, leg warmers and the roller rink. An old-timey California skunk bud. Outdoors-first or second week of October, indoors- less than 60 days.

"Deep Chunk"- This one is probably my favorite pure indica of all time, select individuals can be very potent. It's a relatively heavily worked inbred line- goes a long way back in northern California. This extremely broad-leafed hash plant is originally from Afghanistan. Potency & flavor has been the driving force behind my selections, & this plant has consumed the majority of my efforts. The smoke is real "thick" & the flavor ranges from skunk to hashy pine. It is relatively lower yielding, but, IMHO is a very high quality indica. Outdoors late September to early October. Indoors less than 60 days

I did the Deep Chunk, It’s prolly the best tasting weed i have ever had and the buzz is warm, fuzzy like being back in the WOMB again. The taste is like a Cappuccino and you just want to smoke more and more and more, takes me back 30 years.

I did the SCBBxPTK ,smells like a pear drop that got stuck to a skunks arse,with a quite strong trippy high.

Well after smelling the pear/pineapple/fruit that comes from the PTK side of the cross and a friend that needs his pure Thai impregnated to get it to a manageable state, I thought it’s germination time.

Goals of the project:
Get a good female to go back 30 years to the old Paki/Black days.
Get some males to pollinate the fem above and my friends 8ft Thai (lemon pledge smell)
Choose the best male to sire my SSHaze,SAGE, SCBBxPTK.

If it all works out I will have a killer smoke, some Thai x PTK seeds which could be awesome and possibly loads of seeds to share with the community.

I have stiil got the SCBB x PTK clone plus the CC beans in the seed vault.
Happy growing
C

zedhead3

Hey all, :smoker:
Yes, PineTarKush is a lovely indica, looks fabulous and smokes great too..! I have a clone at about 6wks bloom, grown her twice before. Also grown SalmonCreekBBxPTK (clone) which is very larger yielder, smells of pear juice and is rather potent.. Along with those there's a PTK male clone which I've used to make some OriginalHaze x PTK f1s, though most look dud from problems with the Haze but there are some that look viable.
Planning to make some IBL PineTarKush beans very soon from these parent clones, i think its important to have backup seedstock of quality strains, I'll be doing the same with some other IBL strains plus more F1s with PTK. It's rare to find a real landrace indica, most Afghani etc available has been inbred indoors in small populations for too long. PTK is a real treat, such broad leaves and dense resinous buds, good size buds too, though the large leaves mean she doesn't have a fantastic yield indoors in relation to the space she takes up but yield isn't everything when you've got great genetics like this. I've some more F1s planned with PTK.. :D

Peace :ying:
Zed

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts