What's new

Rysams reefer 2010

R

Rysam

This is my first outdoors grow, Butte county, Nor-Cal.

I have 2 main unknown strains, both were gifts. I've run them indoors a few times with good results and it looks like they are decent for outdoors too.

The holes are 3x3x3ish and filled with the "premium" blend of soil from the garden center, compost from the city compost yard, a couple bales of peat, 40 Lbs of castings from the local worm factory, kelp meal, a couple bales of perlite and um... some other amendments im forgetting at the moment.

Watering duty consists of a timer hooked up to poly hose with 4x 180* sprayers per plant. 30 min a day seems to be making them happy right now.

Fertilizing in veg. was left to the soil and an every other week blast of Old Age Grow spiked with blackstrap molasses.
Currently, I'm giving a weekly shot of 1/2 strength grow, EJ bloom, and blackstrap molasses, Im going to start adding in some seabird guano next watering. I still need to set up a barrel for this, hauling a bucket up the hill to the spot sucks.

anyways heres some pics.

planted 6/7 with clones started way late
picture.php

I had one too many on my indoor run so this one got stuck out on 5/1
picture.php

Fast forward to the day before yesterday.....
picture.php

heres the early plant.. Its around the 8' mark now...
picture.php

These are the stragglers/extras that we have collected over the season. 3 more unknowns, a Bubba kush and a Hells Angels OG Kush in the coffee cans (new gifts that were repotted this morning into 5 gallon buckets)
picture.php

random shot of the big girl and the one just in front of it, both clones from the same plant
picture.php

I found this too..I hope they survive, Damn rats..Im collecting feral cats now.
picture.php

My partner and I are already gathering for a better next year, No getting caught without clones again. I just set up the costco greenhouse frame, and there's a few hundred feet of Romex in the garage for supp lighting. I picked up a 5x10 utility trailer too so sourcing quality materials will be much easier as well.
I hope y'all enjoyed!

Life is Good!!

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
Nice job for the first time :) Seems like you have some green fingers! Is the toilet just for "esthetic" reasons? ^^

R

Rysam

Is the toilet just for "esthetic" reasons? ^^

I had some extra clones and figured why not? the toilet was tossed in the bushes in the back 40 , so this is what I came up with:

picture.php

It eventually replaced an under performer on the hill. I'll stick another one in there next year for kicks.

R

Rysam

Update time :jump: ..... I'ts just shy of a month later and things are looking lovely. Unfortunately due to a watering malfunction combined with the stress of rat attacks on the stems, I had 2 plants succumb to their injuries. :thank you: Oh well, shat happens I guess. :dance013:

I'm giving them full strength EJ bloom, a small shot of old age grow, and blackstrap molasses 1x a week.
Everyone seems happy!
Im guessing they still have about 2-3 weeks to go at this point going off of their indoor flowering times...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

haxi

They look totally happy dude!
Well done, you'll be harvesting some nice buds :)

Great work.

Peace :rasta:

Looks good. What do the wire fences do? Is that to keep animals out or to just rest the buds on? What does the molasses do? 2-3 weeks sounds so soon for harvest.
Thanks for the great show m8

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats an awesome first ourdoor grow man. must have been quite a lot of work, hope it all pays off for you. for the rats you could make a tight netted stem enclosure to stop the rats being able to reach the bark. maybe protect the others from the rats before they do the same thing to the healthy plants. rat trap also might be some help.

R

Rysam

They look totally happy dude!
Well done, you'll be harvesting some nice buds :)

Great work.

Peace :rasta:

Thanks!

Looks good. What do the wire fences do? Is that to keep animals out or to just rest the buds on? What does the molasses do? 2-3 weeks sounds so soon for harvest.
Thanks for the great show m8

the cages are for support, I put them in a bit late thats why they are so big. The molasses helps feed the microbes in the soil, I strive for an organic program. 2-3 weeks is going off of an 8 week indoor flower, I first noticed buds forming at the beginning of last month. I will check them with a hand scope before choppy choppy.
Thanks for looking.

thats an awesome first ourdoor grow man. must have been quite a lot of work, hope it all pays off for you. for the rats you could make a tight netted stem enclosure to stop the rats being able to reach the bark. maybe protect the others from the rats before they do the same thing to the healthy plants. rat trap also might be some help.

The rats will meet heavy resistance next year, if any survive the rat traps and feral cats I've been collecting. All future clones will be wrapped in 1/2" hardware cloth with lots of traps around the stems. and more cats!!!

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Rysam. I have asked some of the bigger growers that question and nobody bothered to answer. Good idea on the scope. I know blokes that grow outdoor that cut when they think it is fall. The product is not all that good. A pity to put in so much yet let impatience get the best of you. You do a fine job.