What's new

is premixing nutes ok

i gotta leave town and have someone water my plants i was wondering if i premixed the nutes in i 1 gallon water jugs how long can they sit around before the nutes go bad or become ineffective.i really dont want the person trying to mix all the nutes themselves so is this something i can do.im using the whole fox farm line up along with mollasses.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I've kept moms in a flood and drain where I filled their res tank once a month. As PK said, just throw an airstone in there and you'll be fine.

RussCargill

I am not sure about the FF line of nutes. you may have to check a little deeper. I know that is is labeled on GH that you will cause a lockout if you dont mix one part into pure water before adding anything else.

G

i think he was talking about mixing them with water before storage, not mixing the nutes together with no water, right?

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Better ask your bud not to use the mixture should mold or fungus form. I still have a 1/2 liter of premixed nutes from last year that's mold and fill of fungus. It could have been the molasses. I just don;t know.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
RussCargill said:
I am not sure about the FF line of nutes. you may have to check a little deeper. I know that is is labeled on GH that you will cause a lockout if you dont mix one part into pure water before adding anything else.
Good point, different nutes may well react differently. My post was based on using GH and, yes, you mix the micro in pH adjusted water first.

spyvsspy

I had to leave town for 3 weeks in the middle of my grow. I was using PBP Bloom, Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag and molasses. Before I left I mixed everything together, PH balanced and had him water while I was gone, just give it a good shaking beforehand. I did an experiment before I left and mixed all the nutes and water, took the PH and then checked it again 2 weeks later, and it only went down by .1, so that shouldn't be a big issue.
However I didn't pre-mix the molasses, I had him do it before watering because I wasn't sure how this would hold up during storage (mold, weird chemical reactions, etc.) But it should be easy enough to have your bud add the molasses. So anyways, I had no noticeable problems at all. I don't know how FF may differ, but I had no issues with pre-mixed storage over a 3 week span.
Good Luck and Grow on,

-Spy

Last edited:

globel

DO NOT EVER PREMIX NUTES. its called shelting or somthing but they kill eachother creating amonia witch is very bad. Especialy the a and b 2 parters. Smell them individualy then mix them and smell it in a few hours. Yea thats Amonia your smelling not goood for plants.

NEVER PRE MIX NUTES IN FACT WHEN ADDING TO YOUR RES IT IS BEST TO MIX THEM IN VERY WELL BEFORE ADDING THE NEXT AND IF USING GENERAL HYDRO THERS AN ORDER YOU PUT THEM IN i did the research here is some more info

Highgrades Nutrient Formula

Directions for Mixing

Shake bottles well before mixing.
1. Always add FloraMicro first to fresh water and mix well
2. Then FloraGro mix well
3. And then FloraBloom

NEVER ADD OR MIX THE NUTRIENTS IN THEIR CONCENTRATED FORM!

that is from the Overgrow faq

this is another formula that says the same thing

ese mixes work well and are the accepted standard mix recommended for newbies as well as those new to GH Flora series nutes. It is simple to remember: 3-2-1...2-2-2...1-2-3. Listed as (grow-micro-bloom) Always mix the micro into the water first.

Latest posts

Latest posts