What's new

Help, i think my plants are about to spit out seeds!

sensirocker

Hello everyone,

Ok, im going a 5 plant run right now with 2 GDP, 1 ECSD, one OG kush and one white rhino....
Originally i had 6 plant, but one of the GDP turned hermie so i chopped her down on day 12 or something.
I thought everything was fine until i was inspecting my GDP's today and one of the bottom nugs looked like it had pockets for seeds so i ripped it off and opened it up, and i did indeed see little pockets, and they were kind of empty (the nugs are rock hard tho) but i could notice a tiny little green thing coming from the inside of it, something that looked like it would start to form a seed.

Here are the pictures.... the top one is the inside of the pocket i was describing... you can kind of see the green thing (in the second picture) popping out of it.

Ok, so if this is about to spit out seeds, i need to chop. Ugh, theyre only on day 40, but i dont want a batch of seeds.... If i do need to chop, is there any sort of emergency flush that i can do?

:badday:
-sR

NuggyBuds

I'm not sure why you need to chop if there are a few seeds?

The hermi was not in there long enough to do too much damage, you can still get good herb from lightly seeded plants.
let them ripen they'll be feminized seed 99% female.

no need to throw the baby out with the bath water as they say.

sensirocker

i picked a little tiny nug from the bottom, maybe a .3 or .4 gram nug and there were easily 8 - 10 seed pockets waiting to explode.... i just cant imagine how many more are the the large ones, which is why i want to chop now so atleast they will be microscopic

G

you can still use a seeded plant for smoking,making oil ,or hash. I wouldnt worry about it now,but I would inspect your plants good for other hermi's ,and do this probly twice a week.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
your better off letting the plant finish as normal, else you will have to pick out loads of tiny little seeds. its easier to pick out fully formed seeds.

hogwild

dont chop it, let it finish and use the beans. Use the rest for smoke or for hash making preferably. chopping early will give you nothing desireable at all

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
If you get the beans you'll wish you let them grow enough to pick out. Otherwise you'll be smoking snap-crackle-crap weed.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yea i dont see why you are tripping out...seeded buds arent bad or antying...its probably best to let it mature..im assuming that trichomes are a defense machanism for a plant to ward off from herbivores right?? well if so wouldnt you think a mother would secrete more 'defense' chemicals during pregnancy? to defend its litter? I have always thought seeded buds were more potent.

I started smoking weed in NYC in the early 90's, and back then it was all dime abgs and nickle bags. There was no hydro then,and no dank or chronic, but there was 'kind bud' most of it had seeds but was amazing fantastic bud. Usualy not compressed very dry very stinky and very green and it was always different. Things have changed quite drastically so flash forward to today and there is either shwaggg shit brown compressed mexi brick weed, BD or MID beaster type 'work' and hydro(you got your over priced stuff wich sucks and then your over prices stuff wich is beautiful). So i guess you shouldnt really worry about seeds. I always tend to laugh wheni hear people talk about a hermi, when that happens to me i usually just take a tweezer and tweeze out the male flowers(meticulous, but very successfull), if its really bad then you have to chop it im talkin more so about minimal male sacks. Any pics?

G

Hermi's have never ever made me laugh,its the absolute worse thing I can think of happen to a plant short of disease.I dont think you're looking at seed manufacturing the right way bro,or I'm looking at it the wrong way one of the two lol.I've always found seeded erb to be far inferior in potency to sinsemilla.The way I see it is the plant is using energy producing seeds instead of THC,ever squeeze an empty seedpod from a sinsemilla plant and feel the liquid goo inside?To me thats much more desirable then squeezing it and having a seed pop out lol.The question is when the plants are making seeds,is it interfering with THC production?I think yes but I'd sure like to hear other views on the subject.Sinsemilla is my favorite subject lol,thats why clones are happenin!EDIT Another theory I heard I just remembered is when you "sex starve" a female by keeping males away,this in itself makes the female produce THC,dont know how true that is either though

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my clones often produces the odd male flower and i collect about 100 seeds a year of unknown parentage.
A friend grows them outdoors en masse and has had some very good bud.
I started growing with bagseed as did most others and i guess they were from hermies but got some wonderfull plants.
Lightly seeded bud still smokes well just a bit less potent.

Any idea as to what triggered the hermie or was it a bad clone ?

G

Im sure there are some expert growers who will stumble on this thread a maybe grin a bit....

I cant remember whats it called but the little seed thingy is simply an unpollinated seed.....

I just picked a preflower and here is what was inside.....

My macro doesnt work but If you have a plant in late flower pick a preflower and look inside.....

Suggestions to kill the plant made me cringe a bit....

Last edited:
A

acme420

since when did a plant with seeds become a bad thing? this is a weed growing forum is it not? maybe youre in the wrong place. maybe theres a weed smoking only forum for you. i know i love seeds. ive got tons of em just waiting to be planted.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Ya I get those from time to time and they have never turned into anything more that the pic above ^^^^^^^^^ .... grow them out Man!!!...no worries...and if ya do get some seeds..plant them! or give them to a friend.

Peace

G

Since when did a plant with seeds become a bad thing?Unless you're breeding its a bad thing alright I wouldnt want any in my erb.I guess some people like to plant seeds and some like to clone pheno's,whatever you want to do its all cool.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
OOglebird said:
Im sure there are some expert growers who will stumble on this thread a maybe grin a bit....

I cant remember whats it called but the little seed thingy is simply an unpollinated seed.....

I just picked a preflower and here is what was inside.....

My macro doesnt work but If you have a plant in late flower pick a preflower and look inside.....

Suggestions to kill the plant made me cringe a bit....

ovoul spell check lmao its a unfertilized seed some plants through a few it should be white hollow and crush very easy. if it is a ovoul then its just the plants last ditch effort to get pollinated no pollen it wont mature into a viable seed. thats if its a ovoul :)

insert from artical

The female reproductive organ is the pistil and is located in the centre of the flower. This organ is made up of the upper most structure, the stigma, which receives pollen. A long, thin support structure of the stigma is the style. At the lower part of the flower is the expanded ovary which contains ovules. Within each ovule is a single haploid egg. Following fertilization, the ovary develops into a fruit, and ovules develop into seeds.

full artical http://www.chs.k12.nf.ca/science/b3201/WebCT-Copy/units/unit2-07.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts