What's new

Laughing Mountain Seeds, An Introduction/Showcase!

Momerath

Hello y'all! Well, after several years and MANY names we are proud to announce that Laughing Mountain is now fully underway and with several projects I am proud to finally unleash upon the community.

With our roots dug in the dirt of beautiful Trinity County, CA we are pleased to bring you several new unique varieties of cannabis that are sure to please.

Our goals for Laughing Mountain are to create hardy, vigorous plants of outstanding and unique quality to patients and consumers. We are designing hybrids with the grower in mind, not just the end result. We breed for not only fine quality of the end result, but also in how you get there! We are doing our best to create strains that grow fast, grow BIG, and grow anywhere whether it be indoors, outdoors, or in a greenhouse.

So without further ado, let me introduce a couple from our first round line up!

King Cong
The King Cong is a mostly sativa hybrid designed to be grown in the great outdoors. Its lineage is wide and mixed, containing genes stemming from Columbian, Thai, Afghani, and African. It grows into a large bush with long running colas of electric green and hues of purple. Smell is funky and fragrant, almost too hard to describe. Tones of lemon/orange, astringent, fuel, spice and musk are present. The taste is of sweet citrus (or petrol) hashish, with a musky and heavy note on the exhale. The high from this strain is well balanced, relaxing yet stimulating, like a good cup of tea. It begins with a familiar indica relaxation, but soon turns into a motivating sativa rush that will enhance any activity. A real day brightener.
Yield is high to very high. It produces many branches of LONG colas of medium to high density. Better than average calyx to leaf ratio, and excellent resin production.
Flowering time is 8-9 weeks, but could be taken to 10. Outdoors it finishes early-mid october at 45 N Lat.

(Note: Breed to be a predominantly outdoor power plant, we have limited experience running it indoors. More testing is required to give accurate indoor details)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Momerath

Next up we have my personal favorite from our collection...

The PAK! (Mostly Sativa)

This strain came about after acquiring a unique clone some years ago that has really captivated me. The smell and taste of this clone is just heavenly, smelling and tasting like fresh ripe pineapples! It is the biggest hit with everyone I know, so I started work on hybridizing it to improve its structure and yield while retaining the characteristic smell and taste of the mother. We are pleased to say that we have accomplished our goal in creating a large, robust plant that retains the sweet fruity tang while incresing yield, bud size, density, thrichome production, and finishing time by selecting a powerful stocky male that lets the floral traits of the mother shine through with ease.
The PAK grows with a tall lean sativa structure, with main cola dominance but moderate side branching. Topping and training are highly recommended to let this strain reach its yield potential (1-2.5 pounds per plant achievable yield with topping several times). This strain grows very tall, stretching 2-3x during flowering, but is done in just a scant 8-9 weeks, quite reasonable for a mostly sativa hybrid.
Smell and taste is that of sweet to sour pineapple candy. Some plants also have minty or soft herby undertones but the sweet pineapple smell/taste is dominant. No cure even needed to appreciate the taste and smell, as it tastes great right off the vine. However, with a cure the taste fades to a sweeter citrus than the original sharp sour. Potency is out of this world, as both parents were selected for their mind-numbing capabilities.

So if your looking for that short flowering fruity sativa that wont leave you sweating and gasping for air, then try running with the PAK!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Afghanada

Looks like you guys out in trinity have been doin er for along time! looks like some good stuff ye got but too bad its not quick enough for the northern brother tho

Last edited:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see your thread up and running. Great photo's. That the PAK sounds really nice. Might have to try some of those outdoors this next season my friend.

:ying:

makowiec

The PAK! looks really nice, like a true sativa plant!
Good job bro i really appreciate this.

Could you tell us when and where the seeds will be avilable at shop?

Second question how aboout northern countries lets say 50*N, 1st day of 12/12 here is at 21 of September and usually 1st snow and temperatures near 0*C are at late October.

To be honest, do you think those strains will perform good in such climate and will they start flowering before the 12/12 night or some time before?

D

Durdy

looking solid Momerath, would love to try both of those next spring!:plant grow:

Momerath

Thanks all u guys for the replies. I'm gonna be doing my best to answer any and all questions regarding these strains, as well as posting info on others that are in the works.

@Reservation Labs - Thanks man, it feels great to finally be here playin with the big boys. I know you'll dig that PAK, its just a real pleasure to grow and smoke.

@Afghanada, makowiec - The great thing about the PAK is it is one of the earliest to show sex, as well as one of the first to actually begin flowering. We dont get 12/12 where I'm at until the end of august, but these babies already had a lot of pistils showing by mid august, so even at 50 N lat they should be quite alright. For what its worth, these were the second most sativa dom strain in my garden (next to the chocolope) and these were the second strain I pulled down, right after my Deep Congo at the beginning of october. Even taking a sample bud the last week of september, it could have been picked for a sativa dominant high. Chances are it will do good for just about anyone south of 55 N lat, just be sure that space isnt an issue for you, these babies like to get big. Real Big.

@Durdy - Yes both are very solid outdoor strains. You get more variation in the king cong because of all the genetics that went into it, but every phenotype example has been stellar and well recieved by everyone. The PAK has fewer variations, the only ones really being the smell/taste intensity (ranging from mildly sweet to full blown sour fruit) and bud size/production (some are good, some are amazing, all yield very well). I would recommend the King Cong if you want great production and a stonier high, or the PAK if you are after the potency and flavor/smell.

I am gonna try and get some packs of these plus a few more made up and sent in to Gypsy so hopefully by spring there will be a few out there for people to buy.
I am also going to need test growers for many new strains in the works. Also at the moment I have no means of testing strains indoors, so chances are I will be finding a few select people to run some of our gear inside.
I'm awaiting my buddy thundurkle to chime in here, as he will soon be doing an indoor test grow of a new strain called Tombstone that should be something...interesting for y'all.

Thats all for now. In a couple days I'll see what I can do about getting some nice dry shots up for y'all to drool over. Any more questions will be gladly answered.

Thank you all, and have a good day! :)

D

Durdy

haha I want to try them all! they both look like stellar candidates for next summers greenhouse. and as far as indoor test grows go........As long as it's something different (I'm really tired of everything around me these days) I'd be very down. 2011 is about finding some special ladies for me :)

Momerath

What is the makeup of tombstone and is what strawberry is used in the strawberry cong

Glad you asked. Two other strains we are working on at the moment, however the strawberry congo has kinda been put on hold until I get enough time/space to focus on it, lots of variation and herms popping up. But to answer your questions...

The tombstone is a hybrid between our super special DM mother pollinated by a select AK47 male from serious seeds. Our goal was to add weight and structure to the kinda wimpy DM, which possesses such an incredible stink and flavor, along with characteristic solid purple stalks and stems from day 1. No significant value there other than aesthetics, but hey, its classy.

The strawberry congo is Deep Congo from Richard Williams pollinated by 2 selected Double Strawberry Diesel males, a strawberry dominant male and a very deisel dominant male, to get a good spread of genes. This one got a little outta hand to say the least so its been put on hold for the time being. Its killer smoke just way too all over the place for me to be happy about.

We also got a bunch of other new stuff on the way, including several PAK outcrosses, a PAK backcross to the original mother (Back-PAK anyone? :)) along with a whole gang of SSSDH hybrids. Most of these wont go beyond the F1 stage, but there are a few that are going to be winners so stay tuned for those.

MacHush

Beautiful Buds Bro !!!

Your PAK looks exactly like some pineapple c99 i've seen .... what's the lineage ?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Welcome Laughing Mountain Seeds !

These are very yummy strains you have there. I find the PAK especially interesting, anything to do with Pakistan ??

Irie !

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
The PAK!
Yes what was the male parent that was used to make the PAK hybrid??

Hey Res Labs! :wave:

SGS

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I was like WTF?? Laughing Mountain who the hell is this.... OH SHIT!!! It's one of my newer grow friends Momerath!! Congrats on getting this going man I got my Tombstone testers in the fridge and will get popped in 2011 when I get my other tent for moms going... Now I'll get to reading about the strains lol

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
May I ask what is DM I just can't seem to think of a strain with those initials hahaha...

Momerath

To answer many questions in one go... :tiphat:
The PAK is a hyrbid between a clone only strain I acquired in Mendo some years ago, nicknamed Pineapple. There was some thought originally that it was a c99 phenotype, but I have since (theretically) debunked this as it does have the characteristic sweet smell and taste, but the growth was kinda different, as well as the key terpenoids seem different between this and any c99 I've tried. This one has a characteristic of leaving a burnt pineapple smell lingering in the air after you smoke that is quite unique, never had anything like it. I may be completely wrong, but as I can no longer get ahold of the grower I originally got this from, theres no way to confirm at this point.
The father is a super stud I'm gonna have to keep secret for now. Same father as the King Cong. He's an indica-dom with lineage stemming from columbian and afghani. Great potency, huge structure, and he seems to pass on a heavy yielding trait to his babies. His smell and taste are usually recessive, but in the case of the King Cong, his smell combined with that of the african mother to create a totally unique creamy smell and flavor that neither parents had. The PAK is predominately pineapple in smell and taste, with just the mild sweet hints of the father shining through.

Thundurkle, thanks for stopping by. Yeah it took forever to decide on a name, but we like this one so were gonna work with it for a while. And I wish I could tell you what DM stands for, but unfortunately because of the little tall tale I got when I recieved the clone (well, rescued, and to the best of my knowledge I'm the only one still keeping it alive) I cant say. Apparently it has some shady roots in organized crime, and was taken by a friend of a friend. She grew it for several years before getting popped, but not before my neighbor rescued a few clones and put them in his garden. Well, something happened to him, so I went next door and dug up 4 clones, 2 of which were the DM. They lived, and I'm now keeping it going because it is a very special plant IMO. The solid purple stems, the super sour petrol smell, and a soaring sativa high. After not too long I may release the name of it for everyone, but for right now I'm playing it safe :) Were gonna start work on an IBL of it as soon as we can find something we feel compliments it to use as the pollen donor.

Momerath

Also to be noted: This year I hit a lot of strains with pollen from the best PAK male I've ever seen, one of which was the DM. The male smelled as much like pineapple in veg as the ORIGINAL pineapple mother does IN BUD! I flipped my lid when I found him, and made thousands of seeds with his pollen. I've got extremely high hopes for this cross, I really think its gonna be the perfect combination of flavors and the potency should be out of this world. So y'all can expect a lot of PAK and PAK-hybrids to (hopefully) hit the bay before next spring. It's still early but the lineup could include any of the following...

PAK
PAK Bx Pineapple
PAK x DM
PAK x Headband (this is gonna be the SHIT! Should have the best mold/mildew resistance too)
PAK x Arizona Iced Tea (from my buddy Res Labs)
PAK x Blueberry
PAK x Satori (and Satori x PAK, did this one two ways)
PAK x Double Strawberry Deisel (doubt these will make it to the bay, I'm gonna be working hard on this cross :))

And then there are the SSSDH hybrids I started work on this year after finding two killer males, a VERY sweet hazey dom pheno and a bushy sturdy STINKY deisel pheno. Will post up what I got from those as soon as all seeds are dry counted and sorted. Maybe some pics of the moms too if anyone is interested :)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Wow! I'd mess with some Back PAK and the Headband x PAK ... You know we like to see the moms!

Momerath

Some mommy pics

Some mommy pics

Well, here we go, some pics of some of the mothers in my crosses. I dont have them all uploaded yet (I have 3 memory cards full of pics, thousands to sort through to find ones worthy of posting). But for now I got a couple to hold y'all over...:tiphat:

First, only pic of the Headband I have uploaded atm, will get a close up bud shot and dry shot uploaded after not long.
This baby was insane. Produced a million branches and produced like a motherfucker. Also the stinkiest plant in the garden, and with the absolute BEST mildew resistance (everything around her showed it and she didnt have one damn speck of it on her)
picture.php

The DM. I know I got better pics somewhere, just not uploaded yet.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here is the original mother to the King Cong. Very nice sativa with a great finishing time. I miss this plant very very much.
picture.php

picture.php

Thats it for now. Gotta dig up a lot more photos for y'all, I really wanna show you guys the Pineapple mother, she's a beauty.
Any more questions just keep shooting and I'll keep answering.