What's new

mold, mildew, or jus tons of weird resin?

hi,

this strange resin has appeared on a chronic plant ive grown many times before. ive noticed lots of resin before low down on this pheno, but a few days back on 2 buds the leaves appeard to go grey. after closer inspection this is what i found. some of my friends think it may b mold or mildew, im thinking mayb mildew to or lots of weird resin. this is only affecting the top few leaves of each bud, on jus 2 buds. please anyone have a clue, its now cut and drying for consumption :yoinks:

looks damn glittery

Last edited:

five0addict

the littel white specks right? idk, but besides that the bud looks INCREDIBLE!
seperate those buds from the rest and clean your jars or w/e.
would be hard not to want to smoke that regardless, danm!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looks like powdery mildew to me man. shave all the powdery stuff off the buds with a scissor and then put them to dry and you should be fine, as long as you shave that stuff off from the buds thoroughly and chuck the trim that is. i hate that p.m. shit. a mate is just starting 12/12 and has discovered the first signs of it. i have heard baking soda in water sprayed on the effect areas takes care of it. but i don't know the proportions you would use. i know with big ventilation you don't run across it very often. anybody know any other methods against pm in early flowering?

G

does not really look like mold to me...the bud looks fine more pics not in macro mode would be helpful

sproutco

Veteran
Botrytis

Botrytis

This is the most common variety of fungus found on cannabis plants. It is also called gray mold, gray blight or Botrytis blight. It begins its life as a white powder-like growth, which eventually turns gray as it spreads.

Fungus Botrytis forms spores that dislodge and are spread to neighboring plants. The spores can stay dormant for quite some time, so growers should treat all the plants in the surrounding area for Fungus Botrytis. This is because the fungus has a high tendency to stealth spread itself without notice in spore format. Spores do not need living matter to stay alive.They can lay dormant almost anywhere.
If you can solve a Fungus Botrytis problem quickly then you may prevent spores from being produced and this is why growers need to keep a close eye on their plants. Fungi are very hard to clean by hand. Rotted areas must be clipped away instead.

Fungus Botrytis will grow wherever it comes in contact with plant nutrients.This means that the fungus is more likely to be found developing on necrotic plant tissue or other damaged areas of the plant where the nutrients are more readily accessible. From here it spreads to other areas of the plant causing its feeding patches to rot. Cut areas after pruning and cloning are especially susceptible to Fungus Botrytis.

High humidity will cause fungi to spread more rapidly so lower humidity levels if needed. In some cases, lowering the humidity is all that is needed to prevent the fungi from spreading. Mold should also be treated the same way. If lowering the humidity does not solve fungi or mold problems then you need to apply a fungicide on the infected areas. Fungicides can be used on the infected areas to remove the fungus — preventing further plant rot. Spores tend to fall downwards so remove the top layer of soil from your infected plant and throw this away. After harvest, a previously infected grow area should be cleaned down to prevent further fungi growth during your next crop.

http://www.marijuanahydro.com/marijuanapreditors.html

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Next grow drop that relative humidity down and scrub the room good and you'll avoid it next time.

sproutco said:
... If lowering the humidity does not solve fungi or mold problems then you need to apply a fungicide on the infected areas. Fungicides can be used on the infected areas to remove the fungus — preventing further plant rot...

On the buds??

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
I say Botrytis mold as well...

I say Botrytis mold as well...

Most of the pics look like gray mold, might be PM, but it's the first 2 photos with the mold threads (looks like spider web) that tipped it for me.

Gray Mold (Botrytis blight)

Gray mold rot (Botrytis blight) is a common disease on plants, especially nonwoody plants, grown under humid conditions. The fungus which causes the disease, Botrytis cinerea, attacks more than 80 kinds of plants in the Pacific Northwest. It is, however, serious on only a few of them.

Gray mold can be a problem in greenhouses when humidity is high and temperatures are moderate, attacking tomatoes and, occasionally, cucumbers. It is also a problem in the field, especially in western Washington, where it attacks green beans and the fruits of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. In eastern Washington, it occasionally causes a leaf blight on onions. It is sometimes a problem on ornamentals-particularly African Violets and other succulents.

Gray mold may spread to entire plant.
Disease Symptoms

Botrytis blight affects plants in a number of ways. It may cause collapse and damping-off of seedlings, blossom blight, fruit rot, stem and crown rot, or shoot blight. The first symptom is usually a water-soaked spot. The tissue later becomes soft and watery. The affected parts of the plant wilt and collapse. If the humidity remains high, a grayish-brown coating or web of mycelium (fungus threads) and spores develops over the surface of the collapsed tissue.

Many spores are produced which are easily blown or splashed onto healthy foliage. If a film of moisture is present and other conditions are favorable, germination and infection can take place in a few hours.

Sclerotia may be produced on fleshy parts of stems and fruits. These are durable resting structures that permit the fungus to survive when conditions are not favorable for growth. They vary in size up to 1/4 inch and are flattened and black. Sclerotia are not always conspicuous, but may be embedded in decayed tissue or coated with soil and other debris.

A film of moisture is necessary for spores to germinate and infect plants. Therefore, gray mold is favored by humid and relatively cool conditions. Opening up plantings by cultivation, by wider spacing of rows and plants, or by pruning permits freer movement of air and helps reduce humidity. In greenhouses, good ventilation will help to control gray mold.

The fungus thrives on plant debris.

Sanitation is an essential part of gray mold control. Fallen leaves and dead plants should be removed from greenhouses and burned, buried, or placed where they will dry rapidly. This will greatly help reduce the amount of infectious material in the area.