What's new

Automatic Press

ilife

Yes the resin is properly dried for 7 to 10 days in a dry enviroment before being processed. Once the resin has cooled from being processed it still acts like a "jelly oil" in room temperatures. Very hard to handle. Easier if frozen. Yes the quality is excellent to start with, very melty.

The rack is the best method for drying and seperating resin sizes.

V

vhGhost

ilife thank you so very much for sharing this interesting method with us!

R00KIE

Gawd!!!!
Can I come work in your factory... :D
The amount of bud that goes into that is just amazing.
I can't even begin to imagine all the bud that goes into that hash making process.....
Awesome man!! Just awesome!!! :respect:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Awesome and i will work for hash lol

PS. can you fill us in on what kind of grow(s) you have to produce that amount? Pics would be excellant if it's not a security issue

Last edited:
G

Xlint !!!!! Can Master Thai come over and play with that stoney type of playdoe !!! LOL JK
peace,
Master Thai ;-)

Keefhead

This is awesome! Man, you got a real deal going there. Big congratulations - and thanks for posting this. I wonder if a kitchenaid-type meat grinder or a garlic press (enough pressure?) might work for the rest of us?

Great shots.

K

Last edited:
The meat grinder is a necessary equipment for any hash presser. Been used for making mixes since hash became popular in the early 70`s. It`s best to use commercial/industrial type that are easy to clean and to use. Made of cast iron. Always dry your trichs before pressing, or eventually mold will take over. Of course you need to have a good pile to use these equipments ! Peace. RR.

3chomes

hola ilife, thank you for sharing this invaluable information and the great pics. Just wondering what micron hash you're sliding into the grinder there. Does the pressed material dry out over time, or does it remain as super creamy as it looks?

G

I must say, the finished processed hash looks beautiul. DNA Genetics did the same thign as an experiemnt and they said it reduced the quality of the hash. Can you describe the differences between processed and unprocessed hash, that is, before and after going through the machine?

ilife

British_Hempire said:
I must say, the finished processed hash looks beautiul. DNA Genetics did the same thign as an experiemnt and they said it reduced the quality of the hash. Can you describe the differences between processed and unprocessed hash, that is, before and after going through the machine?

The article about the DNA Genetics Meat Grinder Hash was a collaboration with Aqua Lab Technologies. The meat grinder has its pros and cons.
The bad affect of the meat grinder is when you are passing High Quality Resin the heat from the machine starts to breakdown the resin to much causing it to be to oily. Making it more harsh to smoke and less potent. Also very hard to handle. I prefer to leave the high quality stuff alone and press it when I want to by hand.
When working with lower grades of resin the meat grinder works great. It helps work the hash to bring out the oils. Making for a more even blend of hashish, that looks like the old Black Afghani.
When "working hash" it is a process of turning resin powder into Hashish. Buy doing this you are breaking the resin powder (Trichomes) into there oil. Causing them to stick together and form a piece of Hashish. When you break the trichomes you are exposing them to oxidation causing them to turn darker over time.

iLiFE

Latest posts

Latest posts