What's new

Brazilian Seed Co officially folded

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojajico

Veteran
zamalito said:
Rootbinding is just where you let a plant grow in a smaller pot for an extended length of time. In equatorial areas like thailand there's not much variation in daylength so the plants use other methods to determine when to flower. Rootbinding is a way to tell the plant it's used up most of its available resources and that it should flower. Many thai and true equatorial varieties will start to flower if allowed to get rootbound even under 24 hrs of light.
so its a technique to help induce flowering in long flowering sativas correct?

zamalito

Veteran
Yep it helps to initiate flowering and it helps to prevent reflowering on sativas that like to reflower when they near maturity.

Devilock

Can't wait to hear more about the kona gold and puna budder. Ive only tried one hawaiian strain (royal hawaiian) and enjoyed it very much. Seems to have anti-anxiety properties when ya smoke it. Looking forward to your releases zamalito. Peace and *bong* :friends:

redrider

Rootbinding is just where you let a plant grow in a smaller pot for an extended length of time. In equatorial areas like thailand there's not much variation in daylength so the plants use other methods to determine when to flower. Rootbinding is a way to tell the plant it's used up most of its available resources and that it should flower. Many thai and true equatorial varieties will start to flower if allowed to get rootbound even under 24 hrs of light.

I do this (rootbinding) with all my Colombians because if I don't the plants get way to big before showing sex. I transplant my Sativa 4 times though their lives, Indica only 3 times.

Peace from Colombia

J

JackKerouac

redrider said:
I do this (rootbinding) with all my Colombians because if I don't the plants get way to big before showing sex. I transplant my Sativa 4 times though their lives, Indica only 3 times.

A friend of a friend wishes he knew this trick when growing pure sativas indoors. BSC's Tropical Treat looks sad if it gets rootbound, so he was under the impression she liked to stretch her feet out.

Thanks Red!

redrider

Santa Marta Colombia

Santa Marta Colombia

Here's two fine strains from the Santa Marta region of Colombia.

Coming to BSC in 07

G

do you think the landrace colombian strains will respond to a standard 12/12 indoors for flower initiation? maybe 10/14?

redrider

Under the natural 12/12 tropical sunlight (start from seed) the males show in 2 to 2.5 months and the females show right at 3 months and finish 4 to 6 months later. I'm sure that if you can grow Thai and haze indoors Colombians should be no problem. However I myself have never grown indoors so they might even finish faster indoors.
Peace

zamalito

Veteran
Colombians are known to be almost immune to light cycle changes. Probably the best way to go is just 12/12 veg 12:15/11:45 flower or even 12:15/11:45 or 12/12 all the way through. If you wish for a colombian that's faster or more controllable I'd go with the original bsc colombian gold which is an awesome strain.

G

thank you both ... really ... i for one am very excited ... redriders pics are leaving me frothing at the mouth & drooling for some colombian landrace ....

redrider

Con mucho gusto, I too am very excited about the BSC. I can't wait to see what a real grower/breeder can do with these fine Colombians.
Peace

G

RR ... you have the touch of love ... that is what a "real grower" is

i used to smoke colombian pot in the 1970's .... this was the smoke that made colombian pot so highly regarded ... put you on your ass & was so much better then the mexican & jamacan pot of the day

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Zamalito - I've just had a look through your list of strains, and I am gobsmacked, frankly - amazing. A year ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of working on sativas indoors, and now I'm hooked, thanks to the Malawi Gold. And the chance to pick up some proper Colombians and Mexicans is too good to miss.
Good luck with the project, and thanks for picking up the baton like this - I hope to order some beans as soon as is possible.

redrider

In the day

In the day

i used to smoke colombian pot in the 1970's .... this was the smoke that made colombian pot so highly regarded ... put you on your ass & was so much better then the mexican & jamacan pot of the day
Ah yes nexus, you know the Colombian experience. Remember that smell and undeniable Colombian taste, then that over powering high that comply satisfies your cannabis needs. Well that fantastic Mj is still here (burning some now for you) and I hope soon you are smoking it and remembering a time long ago.
Peace from Colombia

zamalito

Veteran
Thanks guys and especially you Red. I can't wait to get the new website up so Luiz can start communicating also. He doesn't have the most up to date knowledge of strains and sometimes it can be easy to dismiss how knowledgeable he actually is but he definitely knows what he is doing and has developed a breeding technique independent of others based almost solely on his years of experience. He's not only a very smart intelligent guy and an excellent breeder but he's one of the most genuine and honest people you'll ever meet. I pushed bsc on here for almost a year before even considering being a part of it because IMO it's the best seed co in the world.

zamalito

Veteran
What's that herb like? I wonder if the bolivian herb you mentioned is from the altiplano. For some reason I've always been interested in and drawn to herb from the altiplano. Go smoke some hash made from bolivian herb then go and drink fine Chiléan wine and good ceviche for me, mmm. I'm jealous, lol.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
well, than first i have to get my hands on that bolivian stuff and then i have to get OP to send me some bubblebags, and hope they wont get stolen on their way here. Can you tell me more about that bolivian stuff?

this stuff has very low potency, and taste like the grass from a soccorfield.

Last edited:
G

"Zamalito - I've just had a look through your list of strains, and I am gobsmacked, frankly - amazing. A year ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of working on sativas indoors, and now I'm hooked, thanks to the Malawi Gold. And the chance to pick up some proper Colombians and Mexicans is too good to miss.
Good luck with the project, and thanks for picking up the baton like this - I hope to order some beans as soon as is possible."

quoted from an above post

what list is this? and where can i see it :D

it looks like ive missed alot of the goings on here. its nice too see such progress going on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts