What's new

Nutramist Ultrasonic Fogger

G

Hey all,

My local hydro shop just got in one of these Nutramist ultrasonic foggers from www.nutramist.com . I guess it atomizes the nutrients and creates a dry fog that the plants thrive in. Looks like it seriously kicks ass.

I've done some searches, but havn't turned up anything of anyone using one of these things. I did however find some photos on google of another ultrasonic fogger in action. Unfortunately they are growing peppers instead of our preferred plant. The roots do look crazy though. The finest of hairs/roots.

Here are some links to fog photos. Check them out.
http://www.greenair.com/fog-photos.htm
http://www.greenair.com/fog-photos-2.htm

I'm about to setup a room in my new location and may have to give this a try. Looks awsome. I'd like to hook up the smaller model nutramist to 2 3x3 trays. Make some lids out of that hard foam sheeting at HD and go mediumless with just empty netcups and neoprene for support.

Anyone using a nutramist or have seen it in action?
I cannot believe there isnt anyone using this thing on here..or any info at all.

chime in

peace

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Haven't seen that particular one in action but one similiar. The only complaint i've seen from a few folks is that they can clog very easily, especially with salt build up. But despite that every one had awesome root systems.

G

iv seen it up close and working and im not impressed by it, for one it looks like it cost 12$ to make and the fact that it gets cloged easily

K

kokua

I liken the fogging systems to Ferrari's...when they are kept up and tuned properly, there is nothing that runs better. But if it is neglected and abused, it will perform miserably.

There are alot of things that can go wrong with this system, and if you are not willing to devote at least one hour a day (some will be more and some will be less), then you should NOT own this system.

Personally, if you want my opinon. After using one, I would NOT recomend this system to any of my friends. I know my friends and they would not take care of this system the way it needs to be taken care of. You might be different. There is a reason I don't use it, I am not willing to suffer total crop failure. And if a pump or fan goes out and you don't catch it quick...TOTAL FAILURE!!

Nutramist, does offer a version they call a "flood and fog" which is a hybrid system that utilizes the fog along with a flood and drain cycle. This would eliminate the chance for failure, but would still require as much maintance.

Another potential problem is system raises humidity in small rooms rather fast. The fog just seeps out of the openings, raising the RH and that opens the door for bud rot, mold etc...

G

Thanks for the replys.

The shop owner did kick one on and show the fog it produces. It was extremely dense when on a lower fan setting, but if you held your hand over it never got wet. I could see how it would be devistating if the fan or power went out. Flooding at aswell is how it should always be done..they even recommend it. I think a power outage of any amount of time would prove devistately regardless though. Pumps fail aswell..and if your in hydroton I could see plants dying just as fast/

eh..another point for good ol dwc.

I'll give this nutramist a shot someday.

peace

yts farmer

Veteran
my local grow shop sells them foggers and there damn exspensive.

havent seen 1 in action,but over on advanced forums there was a guy using a different
type of fogger(on a white russian grow) but the pictures looked impressive.the fogger he used used to float ontop of the water on a float and used to be for sale on that popular auction site but aint seen any on there in a while.

G

yts farmer said:

havent seen 1 in action,but over on advanced forums there was a guy using a different
type of fogger(on a white russian grow) but the pictures looked impressive.the fogger he used used to float ontop of the water on a float and used to be for sale on that popular auction site but aint seen any on there in a while.

I hooked up a fooger on a float inside a rubbermaid and used it for cloning with success.

One problem... the fogger emits heat and the water will warm... and stems will rot if not controlled.

Tomatoesonly

I seen a couple posts by someone on here saying the Aussies or New Zealanders gave up on fogging because it caused problems with the nutrients...

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
yts farmer said:

If you have a link i'd love to see it. I couldn't find it through a search

yts farmer

Veteran
hey sorry its a bit late.

theres a thread over at the advanced boards(grow diary),the thread is called from russian with love

the tread is 23 pages long but go to page19 and you will see it working.

when searching select the option to shpw threads from this year

zen

IMB, thanks for showing us those links! Another aquarium enthusiast huh?

Did either of those foggers heat the water substantly, and do they clog easily?

Thanks!

G

PonicallyLivin said:
Anyone using a nutramist or have seen it in action?
I cannot believe there isnt anyone using this thing on here..or any info at all.

chime in

peace

I was "sold" on the nutramist system after doing some research, and tried a fog run earlier this year.

I converted a 4X4 flood drain table to fog, pretty much as described on the nutramist site. I bought an expensive cover for my table, drilled holes for net cups, the whole nine yards.

Instead of using the system as I bought it, which included a mini-controller with a float valve that was supposed to hook up to a large, elevated reservoir, I just created a float inside my existing reservoir (the fogger itself needs to float a few inches below the surface of the water), and piped the fog through a hose, into the holes in my tray where the bulk head drain fitting normally sat.

Everything seemed to be working fine. There was a ton of fog in the tray, but the plants didn't grow. All eventually died. It was a huge failure, and cost me a lot of money.

I don't necessarily blame the system. I think I made a lot of mistakes, and this was my first try with aeroponics, so I got in over my head, I think. I still have all the equipment, and I may try it again some day on a smaller test basis.

I was foolish to devote a whole run to it. I thought that this would be the "magic bullet" to supercharge my grow, and I learned the hard way that there is no such thing as a "magic bullet."

MDLM

simba

Sleeping Dragon
ya gotta clean them all the time.. to ensure proper output.. but not a big issue..

i like them but at the same time i dont..
you dont get any benificial bactiria or other alive things..
i have seen good results with them..

its up to you..

Don Logan

I remember a thread OG had where this person had an Omega garden and used those misters; it was a big grow. Anyone remember that one?

Latest posts

Latest posts