What's new

Flo. Kiwi. First grow...oh shit!

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
What a difference a day makes....

What a difference a day makes....

This is what happens in the last week of flowering...

from this:

to this:

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Big Green Flo Smoke Report

Big Green Flo Smoke Report

Ok. This pheno is by far the the most powerful of the three but not the most enjoyable...I approach it with a slight bit of fear as I know I'm going to be flying for quite some time and it is a bit rushy with a 'I'M STANDING ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF' feeling! Having said that...the high is crystal clear with no drowsiness and the taste is strangely oriental with a smell a bit like inscense and bark of an oak tree in the midday sun.

It creates a warm pressure just behind my forehead that gently grows, peaks and subsides.

I probably yielded 3 ounces dry and clipped and it was very resinous...had to pull it a week early due to mold...it was nearly 6 feet tall at that point!

More smoke reports to come...but here's a few pics of this one:

Ulysses

Good Work Hummus Monk!

Damn, usually, on a first grow, a person is lucky to get any bud at all, let alone some premier colas!

I hope your smoke testing is going well. I want to pick the brains of Flo growers- I want the up, clear, motivational, electrical type experience- can I identify the pheno early in any way? I'm about to pop a tray of Flo and I don't want to cull the desirable pheno- can't keep them all...

Or should I simply look for a sativa leaning Flo?

Any thoughts appreciated...

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Flo Phenos

Flo Phenos

Ullysees

Hey there and thanks for the positive comments. It is a lovely smoke and very easy plant to grow...as far as I can tell anyway!

It really was difficult to tell how the plants would turn out and one of them turned from completely bright green (stems, leaves...everything) to a dark lavender purple in the final 2 weeks of flowering. This grew to 5 foot tall and had reasonably thin hollow stems and yielded medium to low. The effect is the mildest of the three girls but as yet I'm undecided if it's the best or second best overall!!! It had the lowest resin coverage but a lovely licorice background to it late on. Flo keeps changing right through its cycle in every respect (smell included). This one matured bang on 8 weeks and is proof that you should never cull a Flo because it hasn't got purple stems or veins etc. Here she is:

Those last two pictures show very clearly how the plant to the right (the one outlined above) changes rapidly from green to purple. Traits to look out for to help spot this pheno: green stems, green veins, thin stems, lanky and unsteady (only slightly), medium height, reaonably weak growth, leaves that fan downwards, tight but 'airy' small buds, short flowering time.

The plant to its left is quite the opposite. Powerful high (no lock) 6 foot plus plant with thick stems, big buds (for Flo), high resin levels, 9 weeks flowering needed, purple stems and veins. This one was a bang on powerful plant from bean to jar! Look out for a purple stemmed one that really soars to the light. The leaves also pointed upwards (as in photo above) as sunset approached. It's not that it's a bad high... just STRONG and less sophisticated than the others...a keeper nonetheless. Below are more pics of her:

The third pheno is the best of the bunch. Lowest yielding and longest flowering (11 weeks). This little beauty had the most purple stems and veins from day one and had a real time of it trying to decide if it was a boy or a girl!!! It showed a couple of balls in early Sep...i whisked them away...and then it was a girl! This one pretty much needed 12/12 to trigger where the other two started off around 13/11. This was the shortest plant (4 foot) and turned pink/bloody in the last week or two of flowering. This plant has a high resin level and a beautiful uplifting high that comes on strong over half an hour after the spliff...it stays with you...in my case until I wake up the next day! One hell of a plant...and I'm off to roll a phat one now!

Here she is:

To recap: Look for a thin stemmed lanky green pheno that whilst keeping up with the Jone's appears a little weak...

...also look for a deep claret stemmed plant with strong stems and structure that maybe does less branching...do not pull if sex is undecided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...also look for a strong growing thick purple stemmed one.

General info: Soil. Feed light (although I did reach full strength). 3 week flush.

Their leaves change...indica to sativa as plant matures...all very similar in this respect.

Peace out and hope that helps.

:joint:

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
I would add that you should basically not cull any Flo ladies! This means sow less if you have a lack of space. This strain keeps fluctuating during its life...layering up as it goes.

Good luck!...and keep us posted?

Is it DJ or DP?