What's new

Electricity Bill O_O

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
With running two 1000w HPS's a 257cfm fan?
How much we looking on my electricity bill?
I got two lights but might return because.. jesus i might not be able to afford the electricity bill?

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
hope you dont plan to try and cool them 2 x 1k hps with that small fan unless its cold where you live your gonna have problems. heres a link on your power bill it should say what you pay per KWH then add it the the proper spot on the calcutator http://www.super-grow.biz/Electricity.jsp

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
If you're not running a scrubber, and pulling at full CFM, that would do it.

However, in the real world, I'd have ~400 CFM at minimum.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Okay.. ill go return it.. and also you dont think.. that MY electric company..
Will find anything suspicious about it at all?

NiteTiger

Veteran
No, not 1kw. Here in my area, that's a whopping $25 on the electric bill. Doesn't even make an eyebrow twitch.

G

listen my friend...on your bill it will say how much per kwh you are being charged....so you do a simple math problem of watts(2000)xhow much per kwh you are being charged(lets say 12 cents)=24,000 x how many hours using watts(12 im assuming)=288,000 and divide by 1000 =$2.88 dollars per day to run said wattage..at said times...at said price per kwh....so watts x how many hours using watts x how much you are charged per kwh...and divide by 1000

Last edited:
G

HerbGlaze said:
its normal nothing WAY HIGH to LOW. I dont live in the city im in nevada county>_<?

Relax-----you are in Hydro-electric country. As in Nevada County, California. Check your power bill for killowatt hour charges.

If your boney knees are banging together just thinking about growing weed.....maybe you shouldn't.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Thanks should have a 12-15 plant grow SOIL very soon.
Thinking Bella Ciao by Tiki Seeds
And.. The flying dutchmans Pot of Gold =D
Should be coming soon.. if i dont have any issues.

NiteTiger

Veteran
There's always issues :D But the fun thing is, that's how you learn!

Make sure you give us the grow diary to follow!

mister c

dude i live in the same area and its cold as **** right now. your 257cfm fan will slide by till the spring.

I'm running 2000k and I have to shut my fan off because its too cold. I even have to have a heater running on a thermostat to keep it above 60.

ANd my bill is around 50-60bucks with fans, pumps, lights, and a 1500w heater.

Your fan is only around the equivilent of few regular lamp light bulbs.

Don't trip dude!!! We're in Cali, the land of the kinda free!!!

Last edited: