What's new

electricity billl

Dankiam

so im a nube grower and jus in the past two months my electric bill has gone up almost 150 im jus wondering if ishould be worried i have no problem payin off the damn rents the money its just i was told a 400 watt wasnt gonna make that much diffrenece any ideas how to lower it or ne thing like that welcome!

Dimebagg

Are you sure theres not something else in your house raising your bill? AC been on more in july and august? I cant imagine a 400w making your bill that much higher. It may have contributed, but I think it would cost less than half of that to run.

T

Tr33

150...nothing, norm a 400 watt wil raise your bill by 50 at most, depends where you live, check your elec company usage cost, or you are using more than you think, fans ac tv HOUSE LIGHTS etc.

so im a nube grower and jus in the past two months my electric bill has gone up almost 150 im jus wondering if ishould be worried i have no problem payin off the damn rents the money its just i was told a 400 watt wasnt gonna make that much diffrenece any ideas how to lower it or ne thing like that welcome!

If you are in Cali Welcom to PG&E, I have a Gas stove,gas hotwater heater, and run the air all the time with 3 600W lamps two fans and one pump and my bill is almost $700 month.

Dankiam

na not from cali mid west over here but idk im not really worried about it i jus dont want the feds lookin at the increase which is my most biggest concern i can cut back on the tv watching though.

bobman

Saw this thought I would comment. Always be ready with an excuse. I thank god I never answer my phone if I do not know the number. Well I had a power bill go from nothing to about 150 and the power company called. I shit my pants. I called them back and told them nobody had been living there and I just converted from gas to electric and they could have cared less. They primary concern was that there was a malfunction and something was using way more power than it should and it could be a fire hazard. This was 3 years ago.

Your electricity provider is a business. They aren't going to call the cops and say "hey this guy is giving us too much money!"

Grow a less paranoia-inducing strain :good:

The Baphomet

Veteran
Just pay on time .My bill is around $2000and its been that way for a decade ,power co never asked any questions .

flyer

Just pay on time .My bill is around $2000and its been that way for a decade ,power co never asked any questions .

$2000 for each billing cycle?? holy shit.. how many lights you running in there?

i always think that if its a bigger house, like 5+ rooms, you can run more and the elec company would understands.
but if your in like a 2 br place, and your bill is $2000, it would raise a flag.

dunno.. seems like everyone is saying just pay your bills and you be fine.

The Baphomet

Veteran
10 ,1000s for flower ,central air,scrubber intake and exhaust fans 1000w for veg and some floros for mothers and cloning . And Im in a very big house on a large property in the cut

R

rick shaw

Electricity rates climb after you use the base amount.Tell them there are 2-3 more people living there and your base amount will rise.You can also request low income/senior rates.You can do this over the phone in less then five minutes.

DENZ

Some good excuses are:
You've taken up making pottery and you have an electric kiln
You just had electric floor heating installed
You've got a new heat pump for winter heating
You've made a small welding shop

One thing you can do to cut down on power is make sure the rest of your house is energy efficient ie. Replace any incandecent bulbs with CFL's. Try to use your oven as little as possible... Learn how to BBQ everything. Hang dry your laundry, etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts