What's new

Dry Ice Hash

CatManDoo

Has anyone else done this? The dry sift dry ice method. I did it the other day and WOW so easy. I only have a work bag but it still came out plentiful, dry and ready right away.
icon10.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Z9-dARjP8

CO Budderworth

Has anyone tried using different micron bubble bags to see if there is any difference in quality. I have seen them use the bags meant for it, but my question is will there be a better product like when making bubble with the different microns?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been wondering what mesh size was used in the video.

was wondering the same thing .... are these bubble bags color coded ? he's using a yellow bag ... maybe its a certain micron filter for each color . i know theres like 4 or 5 different color bags when sold in a set on ebay .

RulaTone

Veteran
Yes tried...
It seems so simple and yes it is, but what i would tell ya is if you want very clean resin that's only a start to get the material to work on...
You would work the resin obtained on a second screen. You would card the resin, or try with vibrations, you will further clean your extract, wich is full of stalks and small contaminants.
Also try with barely cured material
Me Love drysift :)

Hi all,

I have used a method similar to this to make shower curtain hash as described in Cannabible 3.

If you get a polyester shower curtain and sew yourself a bag similar to a hash bag it works the same. You place your frozen ground trim/buds inside and shake like hell.

I have never used dry ice before, that is a good idea. The longer you shake, the more leaf that will come through eventually as they show.

The problem with this method is that you need about 3 ft x 4 ft area that is very clean and can be scraped with a razor/medical marijuana card. Even then, I have golden/green dust all over my kitchen and any nearby appliances. Also the dust is terrible on my lungs and I sneeze hash and other particulates from the process. I really dislike making hash this way, it is terrible on the lungs.

The benefit of this is that the hash can easily be cooked with before you press it, it is essentially kief.

Peace

mrdizzle

you could shake your trim into a waterbath and then take it out after

all in all looks a fuck ton easier than draining bubble bags for 5 hours

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
you could shake your trim into a waterbath and then take it out after

all in all looks a fuck ton easier than draining bubble bags for 5 hours

YOur obviously unaware of the "tug and pull " method ,, get onto bubble man he is the master at it ...

Midnight

Veteran
was wondering the same thing .... are these bubble bags color coded ? he's using a yellow bag ... maybe its a certain micron filter for each color . i know theres like 4 or 5 different color bags when sold in a set on ebay .

The yellow bag is usually 73 microns. The next two smaller sizes are 45 microns and 25 microns.

budbasket

Just tried this method out this morning and it was extremely simple. I got a respectable product and quantity return as well. I used panty-hose as my screen(weird grabbing at wal-mart at 7am but worth it) pulled over a glass gar with a 1/2 oz of bud, hand crumbled into layers between chunks of dry-ice. I did 2 runs, the first hopefully higher quality shake for 2 min and then another lower-quality shake between 3-5 min(I sorta lost track of time as I was trying to check over the first run results simultaneously).

When comparing color between the 2 runs, the first has a much lighter/blond color where as the 2nd run although slightly blond has a definite green tint. When viewed under magnifying glass, the first run is full of heads although some plant matter or random hair can be seen, I only used panty hose as a screen so this was to be expected. I am thinking about re sifting through a finer mesh, however I do not think it is needed. I ended up with around 5gs total, 3.5 of 1st run and 1.5 of 2nd. Left overs will be donated to the oil jar so as none to waste. The smell from each jar is amazing, and surprisingly stronger from the 2nd run. Maybe the increased plant matter produced a stronger smell. I have been doing runs of BHO/QWISO but am wanting to start moving towards non-solvent extractions until I have the proper facilities(university lab) to do so safely.

Overall I really enjoyed this method, I would suggest using a finer screen for those concerned with the purest product available, I've seen many use various bubble bag in reverse over a can/bucket. Once I'm done moving over the course of the summer I will be purchasing a set also. Again very easy, terrific yield, amazing smell Im sure will get better over the next several months, and a surprisingly melty experience despite basic screen and prolonged shake time. Had to buy 8lbs of dry ice to use all of a few oz's but tossed the brick in the freezer inside Styrofoam cooler and well see how long it'll last. Maybe I'll do another run tomorrow...-basket

Latest posts

Latest posts