What's new

Old school fridge grow cabinet

G

I happen to luck into this old fridge the other day and the more I looked at it all I can think is project yelling to be done.

So I am going to do a step by step on me converting this timid old clunker of a fridge into a monster grow box on roids.

Here we go with the fridge

So I have already laid it all out for the most part. It will start out as a DWC setup with 3 maybe 4 plant sites, a 400w hps bulb and ballast, a 265cfm exhaust fan at the top, and C02. I think I am going to use a cool tube style housing or just seal the top with glass and isolate the bulba nd it's heat from the plant area.

Any suggestions are welcome. I can't decide what kind of paint job either, maybe flames.

I'll post some progress pics as I make it

Tex

G

-=cracks a Coronoa=- for this one...

How much beer has that thing seen?

She's got possibilities... let's see what she can do...

G

That was the fridge in the track garage were we prepped the cars and everything to go racin. So needless to say it has seen truck loads(literally a few times) of beer go through her.

She almost became a keg holder but the thermostat is all screwed up and wasn't far from being a upright smoker either.

Tex

G

Look like an interesting project. Are you going to make it stealthy? I remember another fridge grow that wasn't to stealthy.

G

It's going to be as stealthy as an old fridge sittin in the corner.hehe

These old ones all hum anyways

Tex

G

The BUDERATOR

Yah... it looks like it been through a few sessions.

G

Way cool Tex. Fridge grows are fun.

I converted one with a veg / flower room. It was interesting to try to get it to fit, but we managed to shoehorn several floros and a 250 in there.

Good luck! Ill be checking in on your progress, please keep us posted.

2268Fridge_Veg-med.jpg

Dr. D

Veteran
thats a cool idea TK just my style of thinkin, super stealth too, no-one would ever kno, fridges make a noise anyway so no-one woiuld ever look twice at it wen they hear ur exhaust fan...peace :canabis:

G

Thanks all for stopping by.

CCE, I already gutted the motor and compressor assembly from underneath.

RMS, didn't you squeeze a 1000watter into your fridge setup? I may have questions for ya, if ya don't mind

PT, nice setup. i am going for a flower only setup because of the smaller size of the fridge.

I was going to try and keep the freezer chiller lines in there but It was going to be real tricky and the old lines are a little brittle. It would have been nice though.

Sizing holes today for pots

Tex

FilterTip

hey Tk, good deal... i´ll watch this one...you were talking about the "track" so i take it your a drag man right? me i love those "big dogs" i was into it awhile but since the turbo has been out shit is getting too expensive.
i worked at a shop porting heads (in Kentucky)so anytime you want to talk shop i´m here!FT

G

FT, I should quit but I still haven't learned yet. For some reason I need a big hole to throw money in. Same with my damn boat.hehe

Drag and Highway ralley racing that's the ticket

Tex

FilterTip

you can´t learn, thats the thing every friday night theres a couple of things you see and learn then it´s off to the garage and changeing every setup.. hell we´ve pulled the block ,groved it, threw it back in and raced the next day...ahh speed...........

G

Texas I also once found a fridge in my garage and turned my creative juice into a working fridge garden.....
I sold her to another user on here so she is still around

i made seperate veg & flower chambers and had a 270 son agro bulb in the top. I added 4-24" overdriven floro lamps in a custom built fixture to the bottom for veg.....they loved it .....I rebuilt the door and hollowed her out so I could create an intake for fresh airsupply without loosing it's stealthness. .I even added a digital home thermostat and hooked it upto the cooling element to keep it within temp range for my ladies. it worked like a charm for me !

I grew out some NL#5 in there and had a nice little harvest that kept me happy for months.

G

Hell yea SP, that's kickin.

I want a single purpose cabinet so maybe it'll be easier to setup and maintain temps.

Tex

tokinjoe

Man, if I tried that the first thing my kids would do is go in it looking for a popsicle! :eek: Good luck Tex, I'm definately pulling up a chair for this one. Peace. :canabis: TJ

G

This one already has a padlock setup on it, I was trying to keep big kids out.hehe

Tex