What's new

Chitral - A Cultivar Report

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always wanted to sow n grow this strain ever since I n I a yout :smoke:
...my buddy would always snatch me a stick of scuff and a bud of Chitral from Dam... (good man). Developed a passion for the taste of the Chitral lol... but never tested her under HPS.

Naturally any report into cultivar of 'Chitral' must include cultivation. Praise-thank me brethren Sativa3000 at the LGA for the hook up. jah, rasta-fari :dance:

The aim is to grow a selection of cultivar using a homemade 'Chitral Soil Mix' :smile: Again any help/info. relating to the geomorphology and hydromorphology of the region would be good. Likewise any info. into the prefered environ of 'Chritral' as a species/cultivar indoor/outdoor would be most helpful overall.

thanks all
DocLeaf

"and the bowl of rice a rising a dearer than the beer... "
"and da government nah care..."

Last edited:
G

Like I said in your welcome thread, we'll be learning about this together.

JLP

Veteran
Good luck with the project Doc.

I've grown Nivana Citral a couple times and it's good weed.Tastes and smells like lemons.

The only other Chitral I've seen offered is by Soma and it's crossed with something.

JLP

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers dudes :yes:

JLP - Please can you give us a little info. on how she grew in your rig. ? any specifics on growth patterns/ metabolism? thanks. DL
Edit: I really have got/want to find out as much info. as I can about this strain before she goes to soil :dance: peace

Last edited:

kabulbaba

Citral from Homegrown Fantaseeds are a real nice plant. very strong extreme resin producer easy to grow. smells like fresh lemons. ideal for hash production

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks kabulbaba :yes:

I'm up-to-date with 'Chitral' as a strain to smoke from coffeeshop menus and as gift-buds :smoker: It's the plant itself... the jist I'm getting for this cultivar is stretched, kush like in structure, upon a compact afghan base (?), but this is purely speculative having never played with this strain!!! (any info. please)...

This is the sort of info. i'm really looking for please folks,,, what is Chitral like to cultivate? is she a bitch? or a lady? does she root easy? does she like water? nutes? light? cold? wind? what is the typical male:female ratio? how homogeneous are the plants? do males show in veg or 12/12? hydro or soil? biological or organic? ...as you can see I'm clutching at straws here people, anyone got some cultivation info. please,,, I'm keen and eagar to learn...

thanks all DocLeaf

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone,
I know of two commercially available CHITRAL hybrids:
CannaBioGen´s SANDSTORM & SUGARLOAF
I´ve sampled unreleased hybs as well (CBG´s),such as the awesome ConChi,(Congo x Chitral)....I still have a few buds left of (Congo x Chitral) F2,courtesy of Kaiki :wave:

G

:wave: Hey DocLeaf... I too have always been interesting in the Chirtal... I will be following along most definetely! :D

NorCalRasta :smoke:

G

Good to see ya Norcal, hope you caught some good waves this week.
DOc LEafI can't wait to see a grow/smoke report....

JLP

Veteran
Mine were more Indica with nice fat buds,not real branchy,finished around 65 days I think.I had an entry in the strainguide at OG but it's gone now.I've still got some pics on an old pc I think but I'll have to look.But the lemon flavor was a dominant feature.

JLP

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Nirvana Citral

Nirvana Citral

I had a sativa dom that would go a full 70 if you let her finish...strong head high, sweet on the inhale but the exhale and aftertaste were a sweet spice. She was easy to grow and would put off knots if you fed her and gave her plenty of light :) The stretch was 3x... :joint:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I really liked the Nirvana Citral, very thick tasty smoke, heavy frosty nugs - worth putting on my list to try again when I build my next stash.
H

Dr. D

Veteran
Chitral is a strain iv been interested in for a while but never been able to find one that hasnt been crossed to something else or skunk#1..i also believe it to be a natural sativa/indica hybrid....peace

kabulbaba

ok i try it.
citral is most crossed with skunk#1 for better yielding. dutch passion write in the 98 seed catalougue :
this variety is a hybrid of chitral and skunk. chitral being the variety of the famous Chitral-hasj of the seventies.Hybridised with skunk the variety tends to be even stronger. Good harvest nice herbal taste and a strong physical High.
im growed yet only on my balcony without any problems,harvest here ca middle of oktober, this plant becomes very bushy need space for 2 plants,lots of hard nuggets.
last year i had from 6 seeds 4 femal plants,not bad.
nutes i take the same fertilizer i take indoors ( canna substra veg+ bloom )

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks ALL :wave:
This excellent contextual info. :yes:
please keep the knowledge flowing... when ya learn ya grow
peace dLeaf

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all :wave:

Please note: 'Breeder Description' have been cited (in paper) as follows -

---------------------------------

Breeder Description -

Strain #1 -

Name: Cannabis indica ‘Chitral’

Breeder: Nirvana Seeds, B.V (c.2005)

Description: ‘Genetics for this strain come from the Hindu Kush mountain region near the village district of Chitral. Chitral produces a mellow herbal taste, hard buds, and good yields. The aroma from the buds is fresh, almost like fabric softener. The buzz is an interesting cerebral experience despite its indica heritage’.

Strain #2 -

Name: Cannabis indica ‘Citral’

Breeder: Homegrown Fantaseeds (c.2000)

Description: ‘A Pakistani variety crossbred with a Skunk. Spicy taste and an always surprising high. A firm favourite among connoisseurs, Perfect for home made hash’.

-------------------------

"pon ya learn pon ya grow..."

thanks all :D
D (dizzle)L

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
soil, soil and soil is where it's @ right now... hydro-morphology and geo-morphology :D

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi DocLeaf,
I´ve grown one pack of Nirvana´s Citral.It´s newbie proof for sure,hardy and easy to grow,but "unrefined" to my liking.The pack was given to me as freebie by the owner of a grow shop,along with one pack of HQS "Ghandi" which I didn´t like at all.
I´ll post later what I know regarding the Chitral valley and the cultivars that are being grown there:D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Raco,

Please explain "unrefined" ???

Any extra info. would also be most helpful :yes:

peace dL