What's new

List of Recessive Traits

suzycremecheese

daytripper said:
when you broke up my paragraph you created the appearance of a whole other statement!

Sorry then I'm not understanding your original statement. Why dont you explain the differences between your statement and the way I broke it up.

I QUOTED MY ORIGINAL STATEMENT ABOVE , SO ITS NO TAKEN WRONG AS YOU INTERPRETED OR INTENDED.

Relax. I understand you may feel attacked by the way this thread is going but that is not what I'm about. I did not intend to misinterpret your statement. So why dont you explain the differences between your statement and the way I broke it up.

Ok suzy , genetics can be complicated but its not as dangerous as water, is that any reason not to learn genetics or to swim? (That is a rhetorical question not needing a reply. )

I will reply anyway. I didnt say that was a reason not to learn them. I enjoy studying them and encourage others to do the same. If you read my post again you may notice that that was said in response to something brown pants said.

brownpants said:
You are wrong about genetics and breeding being too advanced for beginners.

Your taking what I said out of context. What is known about genetics can go way beyond what any beginner or even some advanced students can comprehend. Thats no reason not to study it. Its just reality that some people are not going to grasp every aspect of a genetics discussion without studying it. There are stepping stones to learning everything. You cant just skip right to the advanced stuff and understand it without grasping the building blocks first.

suzy , you showed up hoping you could be a mod here for the new lab? LOL

No I'm always looking for a good discussion and OGbub asked me to come check out these forums. I thought this one had potential but it needs to be cleaned up desperately. I was actually going to nominate you but your not being very nice.

G

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to suzycremecheese again.

I hoped you wanted to discuss so much more , such as not all cannabiniods are controlled by 1 gene maybe even prove that the bt allele came first in evolution.

All of course using accepted papers by renowned cannibis researchers.

ciao, ciao

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Brownpants said:
In my opinion, they should have taken samples a week or two before, after and during the time of maturation. If they weren't concerned with this part of the study, then why didn't they take samples from juvenile plants? instead of waiting months for the plants to mature. I think part of my opinion is also based on the fact that I personally want to know what is happening with cannibinoid levels during those times. We know THC breaks down to become CBN by an oxidation process, but what happens to CBD? Does it break down at the same rate as THC? Are there enzymes controlling these reactions? I find it disturbing there is little data about what happens to THC and CBD after they are synthesized. As growers, we notice a difference between harvesting too early and harvesting late. I want more data about what is happening during these times.

-BP-

Because they also wanted to know what the full potential of the plant was.

CBD also breaks down to CBN, although not at the exact rate of THC to CBN.

No, the Cannabinoids do breakdown without enzymes, it is natural degradation, influenced by the storage environment.
The SUBJECTIVE differences between early and late harvest is from terpenoid changes in content and amounts.

You need to remember that very little Cannabis bred in the West has any CBD. Therefore the changes in THC/CBD ratios as the plant matures is just not there. You have presumed that the changes that you found were because of THC/CBD ratios or changes, but what if they are not? What if the changes are due to Terpenoids?
-SamS

Last edited:

Brownpants

Sam_Skunkman said:
You need to remember that very little Cannabis bred in the West has any CBD.

Sam_S - I am not sure if that is entirely true, but then what is responsible for the "Couchy" "body-type" highs associated with Indicas and SAtiva/Indica hybrids?

Sam_Skunkman said:
You have presumed that the changes that you found were because of THC/CBD ratios or changes, but what if they are not? What if the changes are due to Terpenoids?
-SamS

That is definitely possible. I notice changes in aromatic terpenes throughout a grow and especially afterwards. But, there is too much of a variety of terpenes in different strains to explain the general effect seen in most strains of harvest timing on the type of high. IMO.

A discussion on Terpenes would make an excellent new thread topic.

Last edited: