What's new

Basement420 Spring 08

B

basement420

Here is our first attempt at growing for more than just experimenting. Wish us luck.

The room is a framed in portion of our basement, here is the setup:

4 Plants - Green House Seed Feminized Trainwreck

- 10' x 6' Room
-2' x 2' growing area

- 1 400W HPS - Remote Ballast
-48,000 Lumen Output

- 4 5 Gallon DWC Setups
-4" net pots
-Hydroton
-4" air stones

-(2) 80 Gallon Air Pump
-2 Valve

- 1 4" intake and exhaust fans

- General Hydroponics Flora series
-1 Quart Flora Gro
- NPK 2-1-6
-1 Quart Flora Bloom
- NPK 0-5-4
-1 Quart Flora Micro
- NPK 5-0-1

Last edited:
B

basement420

Here are the plants after we put them into the system (Feb. 8) This Week went really well with no PH problems or nutrient issues.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Good luck

Trainwreck is a good strain

Last edited:
B

basement420

Now for Week 2. This week also went pretty well, had some minor PH issues and some other problems but they were solved after using advise from the infirmary here. They really took off during this week. (Feb. 15-22)

Here are some pics:

B

basement420

Well Just took some pics for the start of week 3 (which actually started on Feb. 23). This week has been alright so far, I have topped the plants on Feb. 20 but they are just now starting to recover from the cut. Here they are:

And she wanted to be in this picture, this is our pot protector (8 month Pit puppy):

B

basement420

These are the plants today (Feb 27). They are stating to take off after the topping/fimming. One has seemed to developed some root algae going to have to research a remedy for this. We decided to name the plants. Here are some pictures:

Lindsey:

LGM (little green monster):

Lissa:

Alice:

And an overhead:

Y

yamaha_1fan

Cute dog but keep her out. Dogs can bring in bugs and pollen from what I hear. My dogs stay out of the growroom. My boy (a pit too) pissed on one of my containers when he snuck in. My wife thought it was funny, "aww he found a new tree to pee on"

The algae wont hurt your plants unless it covers the roots. Then it can choke the roots and starve them of oxygen from what I have read. Alage does use some of your nutes as well. Make sure the roots get no light. And you can use some hydrogen peroxide to kill the alage. I have poured it directly onto roots with no bad affects.

Naming your plants? You are crazy !!! :D Dont get attached cause the day will come where they will be CHOPPED!!!

Looks good, good luck

G

Nice setup man, and thanks for sharing are you making moms or gonna put them on 12/12 peace n stay safe

B

basement420

The plan is to put them into 12/12 in about two weeks. Thanks for the compliments.

B

basement420

Well today is Mar. 4 and the plants are doing very well. I can't believe that they are so big, it has only been 26 days of veg. I think this week will be the last week of veg. They are starting to smell pretty good even without buds on them. Well here are some pics:

Lindsey:

LGM:

Lissa:

Alice:

And an overhead, compare this to the overhead from Feb. 27(only 6 days ago), they are getting big really quick:

B

basement420

Here is Mar. 6 probably going to put them into 12/12 on Mar. 8 that will be one whole month of vegetative growing. I changed the lights Mar. 4 by putting them onto a 18/6 schedule.

Here are some pics from today and does anyone know what could be causing the leaf tip yellowing in one of the pics? I am kinda concerned about it.

Lindsey:

LGM:

Lissa:

Alice:

Leaves with yellow tips:

Overhead, they almost entirely block out the buckets now:

Latest posts

Latest posts