What's new

Blunts KFB grow

BluntItUp

Hey guys havnt been posting in a while. I changed my room from a 2 kfb system to a 4 bucket.
Strain is called Magic
I will also be using AN nutes and co2.
lighting consist of 4-600's in the corners and 1k mh in the middle
I have 2 plenum for the cool tubes to hook up 2.
Here are some pics of week 1.

Last edited:

somoz

Veteran
looks to be a proper setup blunt......nice job bro......i too have been layin low on the ic scene and have been workin over at the bay but wanted to pop in for this one because i have some questions for ya...i'm in the process of settin up another room and want to do a krusty run but not grow trees....just take his ideas and compare them to growin big bushes...

anywho: that is off topic..just wanted to know what ya went with for a couple things..i'll list em if ya dont mind...it;s always easier that way imo.

1. drain size lines

2. air pump........i was thinkin something like this
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2006031703303098&item=16-1195&catname=electric

3. air/soaker hoses......was thinkin of usin some pvc and drillin teeny tiny holes in em but what's ur program on?

4. room dimensions

5. ur intake/exhaust situation.....looks like ya got everyting on cooltubes so that helps but u runnin ac if ur gonna be usin co2...

well.....that was kinda a bombardment of questions so hope yaz don't mind bro......lookin good blunt.........somoz

and i don't know what those litte critters are: sorry dood
i would think something from the lava possibly if ya bought it from the depot...maybe they crawled into the bag while at the store? i'z don't know

Last edited:

BluntItUp

First off, thanks for the compliment somoz.
1. drain size lines-
for the drain I used 1 inch pvc pipe from the bucket then it connects to a 1.5 inch pvc main drain.

2. air pump........i was thinkin something like this
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...atname=electric--
Same one im using :)

3. air/soaker hoses......was thinkin of usin some pvc and drillin teeny tiny holes in em but what's ur program on?
I would not recomebnd soaker hose. They get clogged pretty easy and it is too restrictive for the reg. pump. I use sweet water air diffuser. Works wonders.

4. room dimensions-
room is 10x10

5. ur intake/exhaust situation.....looks like ya got everyting on cooltubes so that helps but u runnin ac if ur gonna be usin co2...
I am not running ac this round. Room averages 90-95. Pretty hot but hopin co2 will help out a lil with heat problems.

If there is anymore questions I would be more then happy to help.

BlindDate

Veteran
Good to see a KFB thread starting. I've been running KFB for about 4 years and would like to add my 2 cents regarding aeration.

As we all know, Krusty recommended 1/4" soaker hose connected to a high pressure Thomas pump. As much as I respect him for his ideas and methods, I will also be the first to say that this aeration method is CRAP.

In my 4 year quest for ultimate aeration I've gone thru about 4 brands of soaker hose, three types of air pumps, countless numbers and styles of air stones and a few home made methods as well. I was just about to give up on the project and resign myself to the plight of continually changing clogged soaker hose, clogged stones and burnt out air pumps when I discovered a fantastic product.

The product is a silicone air hose made by Alita. Now I don't have much good to say about thier pumps, but this air line is truly incredible. They make it themselves with a special machine that impregnates a 1/2" ID silicone tube with thousands of micro knife cuts. It works well with low pressure pumps, never clogs, accepts a standard 1/2" barb "T" fitting and can be weighted down and shaped using lead wire or heavy solder run inside the length of the loop.

http://www.alita.com/diffuser/siliconehose.php

This will be the last aerator you'll need to buy!

About the bugs. They look like fungus gnats, not really a problem, easy to kill, are they flying yet? Whenever I use new lava I'll pick up some gnats. Just throw in some "Gnatrol". Look at one under your trich magnifier and see if it has wings.

Last edited:

somoz

Veteran
heya: thanks for the quick reply blunt.....i appreciate that mahn....so it sounds like ur buckets are pretty stationary with the pvc setup but then again they shouldn't really have to move.....

i can always pull more questions out so thanks for the invitation...

1. you runnin 1 or 2 feedlines per bucket

2. size of your water pump......the reason i ask is cause i'm gonna be doin 9-12 buckets so i'm trying to get a good perspective of what would work...

3. you just doin the traditional basket underneath the drilled 5 gallon bucket or something else

4. your cooltubes look homemade...is that my eyes deceiving me or you up to some bob vila shit over there bro

must be like jumpin tires in there blunt....i was a bit toasted last nite when i was lookin at the pics so i didn't see all the pvc ya had going on but be careful bro....would hate to see the ship sunk on a drunken visit to the grow room......i've had a room or two in my day that had shit hangin eveywhere and pvc above knee height and it has ended pretty ugly once or twice :pointlaug

hopefully i've learned my f'in lesson with that one

BLIND DATE:

hey man thanks for poppin in with the tips....i was actually lookin at this from that company but they never got back to me when i emailed them.
http://www.alita.com/diffuser/polyethylene.php

this is that porous tube but the diffuser looks to be a bit more applicable in our situation.......thanks for lookin out yo!

well i think i've clogged ur thread up enough with my silly words blunt so thanks for the answers bud and i look forward to the commencement of your show...may it be a good one........laer on

somoz

BluntItUp

BD: Thanks fro recommending the gnatrol. I will give that a try. Right now I am using Bayers advaced tree and shrub insecticide. You have been running KFB for 4 years? Nice! Do you ever have any problem with overwatering feeding 24/7 with lava?

1. you runnin 1 or 2 feedlines per bucket
I have 1 main pvc feed going to each bucket then I split it to 2 feedlines going inside the bucket.

2. size of your water pump......the reason i ask is cause i'm gonna be doin 9-12 buckets so i'm trying to get a good perspective of what would work...
250 gph mag pump. Make sure you use an inline filter.

3. you just doin the traditional basket underneath the drilled 5 gallon bucket or something else
Yup, just a traditional KFB bucket

4. your cooltubes look homemade...is that my eyes deceiving me or you up to some bob vila shit over there bro
HEHEHE, those are just some cool tubes I bought at the hydrostore. I think the are Hydrofarm.

must be like jumpin tires in there blunt....i was a bit toasted last nite when i was lookin at the pics so i didn't see all the pvc ya had going on but be careful bro....would hate to see the ship sunk on a drunken visit to the grow room......i've had a room or two in my day that had shit hangin eveywhere and pvc above knee height and it has ended pretty ugly once or twice

hopefully i've learned my f'in lesson with that one

For sure man, I'm the only one that goes in my room :) But thanks for worryin. I used pvc cuz its cheap and drains very fast.
You should run this system. Growth rate is crazy seems like that are growin everyday :)

Last edited:

tainted

there are two different pests...actually 3...

algae

root aphids..

and what appears to be either gnats but could alos be bettles or some mammoth female winged aphids...fish one out....its prob a gnat...far too big for thrips larvae...the other common MJ root pest...

algae-barley extract/peroxide
gnats-BTi (israeli)
bettles-BT
aphids-pyrethrins/neem/sm90

post dunk--flush--predator nematodes--aphid predator midge

BlindDate

Veteran
Hey Blunt,

No problem with 24/7 watering. With Hydro there is no such thing as over-watering, only under-aerating. Think about the DWC guys who have thier roots submersed 24/7.

Somoz,

That porous polyethylene tube works great when new, but just like the rest of them, it clogs fast. Been there, done that.

Last edited:

BruceLeeroy

Hey BlindDate, do you use a regen blower or a high psi pump with that silicone tubing?

looks great blunt, i'm jealous :p

peace

mpro

Great thread blunt! It just so happens that I am turning a 10x10 room to a kfb grow. :lurk:

looks great

peace, mp

pico11653

I have a little krusty bucket setup i am working on. 20 buckets.

Do you find that you have problems with your air pump heating up the buckets? I have the lt19 and it gets really frickin hot.

I like these big airstones.

Click the link in my sig to see the rest of the setup.

BlindDate

Veteran
High pressure setups produce high tempertures. I think that is one reason why Krusty always had to use a chiller. I've plumbed my air pump output through coiled copper tubing with a fan on it to solve the problem. The best way is to use low pressure pumps and aerators, like the silicone tube I've raved about.

Last edited:

mpro

blindDate: So can you recommend a low pressure pump for a 2-4 bucket setup? I'll be giving the hose a try too.

BluntItUp

sup guys, ill be updating pics tomorrow. I completely agree with blindate about the airpump. I switched over from the thomas compressor to a reginerative blower. it was a night and day difference, you get shitload of bubbles and so much quiter :)

mpro: How many buckets and lights are you planning to run?

mpro

legal limit in CO is 3 in flower. so I'm guessing 2 or 3

for now 2x600 and 1 400.

Last edited:

BluntItUp

any chance you can run all 600's? if you can run 3 600's that would be pretty sweet for a 2 bucket system. If you have anymore ? just ask and ill do my best to answer them :) Also I have been tryin AN VHO foliar spray. That shit kicks ass!

BD: Wish I knew about those tubing earlier, i just bought some new sweetwater airstones. I will definately be giving those tubes a try on my next run.

Latest posts

Latest posts