What's new

Heavy Duty Fruity....TH Seeds..

Maxyeild

So I am looking into picking up some of the Heavy Duty Fruity. I googled it and came up with mixed reviews, some say it's great with heave yields and others say it's garbage. Im looking for honest reviews from people who have grown this strain. Pics are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is a book called the good bud guide, it has a grow of hdf in it. I was quite impressed!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i ran her a few years back.
found one good pheno out of the pack.
ran her a few times before losing her.
i'd say its worth a go!

kathmandu

found a low yielding kush type variety with purple grape kunk golfball buds. it was covered in trichs and wish i wouldve kept a clone.
however this is the opposite of what they claim it to be.......a high yielding variety.

It's definitely superior to the BC Seed Co. version, but it's not a top notch smoke. The yield was impressive, but not any better than other pure production strains such as Big Bud, Chronic, or Power Plant. Personally, I think Chronic (Serious Seeds) or Pot of Gold (Flying Dutchman Seeds) are the best of the commercial strains.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
HDF was never stabilized so you have to find the right pheno, and it could take several packs to find the right pheno

D

DublinHaze

HDF

HDF

Have to agree with the above poster.Grew it about 5 years ago from seed based on great reviews on Overgrow from a respected grower.A LOT of variation in plants(no 2 were the same from 10) and no phenos worth keeping(imo most were shwag).Cannot recommend this variety.There are other varieties I would try from seed instead.keep it green

BIGGS

Veteran
have read alot of bad reviews recently about their stuff. seems they were all good a few years back, but not anymore. save your cash and go for something you know is going to be good. it seems like a bit of a gamble if you'll end up with anything worth while from them these days.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
HDF has one of the most awesome purple indica phenos i've ever smoked, f'n stony and fruity. Had it about 3 years ago and i still miss it. But i don't think the ten beans are worth the 70-80+ buck$. The strain needs major work, phenos from indy to sativa, tall and short, fat and slim. U get the point..
If u'r feeling adventurous, go for it, but if u'r looking for a solid producer/nice cash cropper, there's better shit out there for less money.

:2cents:

MotherCA

I'm a big fan

I'm a big fan

I'm a big fan of HDF, but I guess I lucked out with a good phenotype. The one I have is indica-dominant, but the high is still uplifting and happy. The strain I have is high-yielding. When growing the smell is strong and when ground up it smells just like canna-fruit-loops (delicious!). Here are some pics.

If you can get a good pheno, I'd say definitely go for it because it's a great strain, easy to grow, medium height, big yields and good smoke. But it sounds like it's the luck of the draw what you get...

Attachments

• hdf1.jpg
    hdf1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22
  • hdf2.jpg
    hdf2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 21

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
Great strain if you can get access to older stock. My cut is done in 56 days and is bullet proof. Not an OG but a really good fruity/skunky strain.

Peace,
KF

Echronomyseeds

Heavy duty fruity

Heavy duty fruity

A pic of one of many dank phenos I've seen from seed. This one smelled like a super dank jack herer cleaner smell, slight lemon.

Ran a pack back in 2011, was not too impressed with quality especially considering price of seeds. Unfortunately ran a bunch outdoor and had to sell most for 1k because of lack of smell. Reminds me of Soma, high price mediocre quality.

Echronomyseeds

This is our chosen keeper for overall best yielding , and quick veg time. 9 weeks to finish flowering . Nice sweet floral slight rose or hibiscus type smell.

Echronomyseeds

The smell and taste on our biggest yielding keeper plant from seed is classic dank oldschool herb , floral , earthy, hashy slightly skunk.

Latest posts

Latest posts