What's new

What is in Bushmaster

J

JeffSpicoli

i dont know all the scientific facts about bushmaster...
But i do know that it does indeed do what it says to do...
My buddy uses it on his SFV og kush.. and a stretch that would normally be 2to3 feet ends up being 5-8 inches

heres some dry nug shots from plants that bushmaster was used on

JeffSpicoli said:
i dont know all the scientific facts about bushmaster...
But i do know that it does indeed do what it says to do...
My buddy uses it on his SFV og kush.. and a stretch that would normally be 2to3 feet ends up being 5-8 inches

I didn’t mean to suggest that Bushmaster is ineffective. It does indeed do what they say it does. I just was speculating on its active component.

I feel that any mention of things like B vitamins or kelp extract on the label is just a red herring. The true active compounds I have long suspected are just commercial agricultural chemicals, which they simply re-purpose, re-package, and re-sell at a substantial mark up. This begs two questions:

• If this class of chemical is only approved for non-food crops like cotton, is it safe to ingest?

• Assuming that it is safe to ingest, can it be obtained in a cheaper, unrepackaged form through an agricultural supply company?

One obvious hurtle to cutting out the middle man, is that the middle man is equipped to handle 200- liter barrels of agricultural chemicals, a hobby grower is not.

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
locally here its aproved for, grapes , wheet, stone fruit, and alot of blooming flowers so if you eat fruit and drink wine your already consuming it. It is a controlled substance though in its concentrated form but can buy weaker formulations like "Bonzi" at any garden centre used in bonzi growing.

I Pay About $10 for 10ml part A of uturn(would last all year and many grows) dose rate is one drop per 15 to 30 litres = 40 drops per mil, and $100 for 100ml PartB (cycocel) i used at 0.5ml per litre but recomended is 1 to 2ml . Works well and faster as a foliar spray over being in the res and youll use even less . Normally the Paclobutazol is the easier to find many names many strengths. I gave up on PGRs because there was aloss in trics and odor in all plant and the dose rates of the two chems where not consistant one grow it would work ok then the next would stop plant dead and turn buds into rocks often getting mould.

Rock juice is a commonly used stretch stopper in chem version or organic (export i think). The thing with U turn is its actually a 4 part addy because you need to use delivery agents to get the homones to where there needed. Time to use is very important and dose rate confuses it will still work at under 1/4 dose. agricultural companys do sell it and so do shady grow shop customers even heard of it being exported. For me and U we either need to own a farm or a gro shop Or buy the cheep stuff from china .. Its worth a go but is far from the mirical cocktail we all want.

I wouldnt go the route of sourceing the indrervidual hormones some perople dont like this stuff mentioned in there grow shops, brings heat from the people inforcing the agri chem licence, learn more from doing a chem licence at local nite school or buy pre mixed rock juice, uturn/ bush master.

Last edited:

meduser180056

Good thread.

The BM he is talking about is not the one from Nulifetech, but BM definetly contains some kind of PGR most likely the ones your mentioning. Paclobutazol etc...

Interesting to hear you gave up on the PGRs. Doesn't surprise me. I'm currently in my first lil experiment with BM on my crop. Hopefully trichs and odor aren't too badly affected. I used 3ml a gal once in beginning of flower. If I was to use it again I'd go even lighter like 1-2ml.

I don't think cutting out the middle man is really feasible. Small bottles of BM are available at my local hyro store. They are only $20 and one bottle will easily do a whole grow. Honestly I wouldnt' want to mess with the concentrated chemical. I'd rather get a product that has a PGR in it.

The jury is still out on these PGR's for me.
It's not toxic to humans in the doses that we're using.
I just dont' want the nugs to come out less potent and flavorful than they could be.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
good thread but in the wrong place. this has nothing what so ever to do with growing in coco. it's more for the advanced and experimental growing techniques section.

edited to add:

ok we don't have an advanced experimental forum, so it has to be the hydro section. hope you can live with this solution, if not pm me and let me know why it should be in the coco section. or just post it here.

peace and thanks

gaius

Last edited:
I apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong place. I’ve been lurking NC for about a year now, and have been very impressed by the level of knowledge and curiosity many of the regular contributors have. I placed the question in the coco forum because I’ve become impressed by the personages that regularly post here and I felt sure that they would have something worthwhile and informative to say. I have not been disappointed.

Thank you all for educating me on Paclobutazol and the other PGRs. If they have been appoved for grapes, they probably are safe for everything else.

Just as interesting as the explanations of how these additive work, are the testimonials that discourage their use. I’m still skeptical either way. Some have said that they experienced a loss in trich production, potency and flavor. Others say that using these products promotes bud rot. It’s interesting that no one has been able to establish that the product produces more weight per plant, only that it reduces height and increces density.

Thank you all for the excellent information.

Last edited:

meduser180056

A big part of the problem on establishing any kind of standard with these PGR's is the dose rates are hard to dial in. THC43 talks about that problem.

Use too much and the plants can get really messed up to the point of DEATH in worst case scenarios. This stuff is super strong so it's not hard to use too much. The directions on the bottle don't help either. BM directions say to use 10ml/gal on soil plants. I guarantee if you use that much they will most likely end up like Morgancola's plants.

Also dosage is reported to be strain specific making it even harder to dial in. Some strains are reported to react negatively to BM's effects no matter how light the dose. Other strains are reported to be able to take it with little loss in trich and flavor.

I wouldn't use more than 1-3ml/gal of BM.

As you can see there are a lot of variables involved. Since it's so easy to fuck up with and losing a whole plant let alone a whole crop can be disastrous for a grower most people recommend staying away from it.

Do a search though and you'll find some documented cases of it substantially increasing yield on plants. Plus it shortens flowering time so in the right situation it will help you get more weight in less time.

I think the bud rot comes from the fact that the buds are just so huge and dense when you use this stuff. I don't think the products actually cause it. Big ass dense buds are always prone to mold/rot.

personally i use about .25-.5ml/gal of bushmaster. the effects it has are totally noticeable in higher doses. if you dose it according to the bottle you will end up making you nugs super hairy and dense.

when used on og kush, it significantly affects the calyx structure so if you use even like 1-2 ml it will lose almost all the big calyxs that makes OG what it is. use it a little bit and it helps stop stretch and adds some weight.

brooklyn

i found that usin it as a foliar spray is even better than using it in the res...3x over a two period as oppose to 3-5 days in the res, then dumping my res...u see the results instantly to the point i only used twice and the ladies went directly to flower and all growth stopped, didn't use it this time tho cause i'm doing 6:40/12 lite schedule under a mh lite for the first 4 weeks, also use gravity, good shit but becareful, as it says on the bottle less is more...run a fraction of what it says and run it longer, make sure ur enzymes are on point, cause gravity seems to feed the bad bacteria as well...

peace!

coolx

thc43 said:
something along the lines of paclobutrazol and other PGRs like the one you mentioned cycocel .

With Uturn

without

Uturn and bushmaster both come from nulife nutes
http://www.nulifetech.com.au/products.html
It's hard to tell with these photos which would yield more .... I think I'd prefer the non BM colas - less chance of budrot

I just did one rez at 1cc/gal and the other at 3cc/gal with 2 strains in each. Absolutely no diff in trich production or smell - one strain is great, the other lousy so far in both rez's ... I think it's like they say, it's more how long you run the BM more so than the strength - as long as you don't OD them.

kovenant

Does it prolong the flowering period any at all?

its supposed to lessen the flowering period... only because it stimulates a near-instant change to flower - instead of the natural 1-2 weeks. hence, lets just say that you use Bush Master on your crop right when you switch to 12/12. instead of taking 1-2 weeks to stop growth and begin flower production - it will take 3-5 days to stop growth and stimulate flower/bud sites.

so you shave that excess time your plants would naturally take to flower off of your flowering period. (about 1 1/2 week sooner, give or take a few days.)

DHarvester

Bringing back a dead thread for a quick question...

I am looking to use BM for a slightly different purpose than usual. I want to use it to prolong veg. I want to stop vertical growth for several days and increase lateral growth during the same time. So my question is:

1. Will using BM in this way work?

2. If it would work, would I only foliar spray the area that I want to slow. Or, spray the whole plant?

slipperysamus

Brooklyn: How many ml/Gal are you foliar feeding? Are you using any sorta wetting agent? So 2 applications over a 2 day period or did I get that wrong?

DH: Ive seen it used at the end of veg, and then again a few weeks later, to cut an 8 week cycle down to 6. Slight loss in quality etc...

TIPS: flush before or at least after adding it to resevoirs. Raise lights during BM application period to lessen the downcurled leaf and plant yellowing effects of the stress this puts on your plants. Add a little B1 when you resume normal feedings.