What's new

A better Deal on that 420 Scope you been needing

E

eidanyosoy

So I found this deal and wanted to pass it along. it is the same as the 420 Scope only a third of the price! For under 15 bucks shipped everyone should be looking at their trichomes! I have the old non led version and will be making the purchase just for the better lighting. I would love a USB Microscope, next on my list. Cheapest I have found it for a good one is 60 shipped. Hope this helps and as always stay safe.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/9c42/

Last edited:

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
thanks eidanyosoy. i can't get this in my country so you've saved me asking a friendly forum member to send one to me ;)

E

eidanyosoy

Not a problem glad to be of service. Every grower needs one, imho.

This is the same one I bought from radioshack a long time ago, and I believe right around the same price. If your local radioshack doesnt carry it though, great deal! :)

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I would love a USB Microscope, next on my list. Cheapest I have found it for a good one is 60 shipped.

Seen these? Eyeclops Bionicam Price has been bouncing between $18-$30. I got mine for $20, at $27(current price), shipping is free.

Admittedly, it's a cheap assed toy and somewhat a PITA to use but, results are great and can be easily shared. We've been talking about them over here http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=105558&page=3

Live from the garden

Post Mortem

Last edited:

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
For a cheap solution, take one of these pocket microscopes and hot glue it to a webcam.... bam, usb microscope ;)

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up! I just placed my order. I've ordered many times from ThinkGeek and have always been satisfied with them.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Just went and got mine from Radioshack, thanks Mrmortak (didn't even know radioshack had them) for $12.99 plus tax. not a bad deal, though the first day I had it the light bulb burnt out. Nothing $2.00 and a trip back to Radioshack for a new bulb can't fix.

Good deal though it works pretty good.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
hey FreezerBoy, awesome macro shots with that Bionicam, way better
than my results so far.

I cheat! I reduce all my photos to 800x600 or smaller (750x600 for the biocam) in Photoshop. While I'm there I do a slight Levels compression (aka Histogram) with a touch of Unsharp Mask. I may have played with Color Correction as well.

That 30x was what I was looking for when I got my RS scope. I find the 60's greater field of vision far more useful than 100x and always thought 30x would be perfect.

Does anyone know how the BioniCam compares to the Digital Blue QX5?

I can only tell you about the Eyeclops.

Shots are 1280x1024 @ 72 dpi (17.7 x 12.2 inches) Mag is 100-200-400 when viewed on a 17 inch monitor (presumably 4:3) 400 is rather useless, the lens sits so low it blocks light from the LEDs leaving shots extra dark. 5 AA batteries (not included) in a remote power pack, no power adapter jack. Includes Video Out jack and a 32 MB (300 shots) USB Thumb Drive.

At the $20 I paid, I'm happy. At $40, I don't think I'd be as impressed. $80? Forget it. The RS scope and similar are all you really need. The question is, how much are you willing to spend to share trich shots?

E

eidanyosoy

Dont buy at radio shack

Dont buy at radio shack

Just went and got mine from Radioshack, thanks Mrmortak (didn't even know radioshack had them) for $12.99 plus tax. not a bad deal, though the first day I had it the light bulb burnt out. Nothing $2.00 and a trip back to Radioshack for a new bulb can't fix.

Good deal though it works pretty good.
I bought mine from there, they have the old one at the same price. The new version uses an led much easier to see and a cleaner light. Same price.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Cool eidanyosoy, I'll look into that. Ya went and got a bulb from Radioshack and it works fine now. I agree that the 100x is way hard to use with not moving. The 60x is nice though does its job very well, but like mentioned above I think I'm going to look for a 30x for more convience.

Treetops

Morning all,
I just had to show ya, my TricChecker...I paid like $94.00..a little pricey, but its for the cause.... LOL...Pics are 60x...

17219bluemicro1-med.jpg

1721960xTricPicTHUNK69dayinflrw2-med.jpg

17219A60xTricPic2Mar2108-med.jpg

It takes awhile to get the hang of it...and I'm still learnin...:laughing:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Morning all,
I just had to show ya, my TricChecker...I paid like $94.00..a little pricey, but its for the cause.... LOL...Pics are 60x...

More specs please? Resolution? How many, and which, magnifications? How do file transfers to the computer work? Batteries? Power adapter? Thanks.

H

Hal

Those macro photo magnifying cameras are definitely the way to go...at least for me. Whenever I use the RadioShack magnifier I have a real hard time getting a good look at the trichomes because of hand shake. At those magnifications, its hard to hold your hand still enough, its the same thing with telephoto lens', much harder to hold still.

Man, we'll be able to actually get accurate trichome percentage with this. I always had to use a pretty inaccurate guestimate when deciding on harvest time. This "toy" will allow an actual count to happen.

This is exactly the tool that I need. I think I'll go with the toy version because of cost though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts