What's new

400 watt club...

G

I love looking at everyone's plants. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are pics of mine growing under 400W HPS

Click on them to enlarge

Obli :sasmokin:

Day 47 of Flower Here is how the overall grow is going. I had to tie up another branch. Branches on some are sagging under the weight of the buds. Terrible problem I know :sasmokin: I don't have a macro and the cam is a 3.2 MegPixel so I can't get really good pics :( Resin is everywhere though.

Day 47 of Flower That is Ice #4 in the foreground. She is really coming along well. Thick, dense cola covered with gleaming trics. That is Aurora Indica #2 in the background. Taller at 4 feet+ she is taller and sparcer than AI#5 in the next picture. She is still a nice plant, just covered in resin.

Day 47 of Flower There are actually parts of 3 different plants shown here. Aurora Indica #5 is on the far left. Back right is the taller Ice#2, a monster plant at 4feet+ and just covered with buds. In the middle is the second main cola of Ice #4. Ice 4 grew weird from the the start. That second cola is a branch from a bottom node that din't have a corresponding branch on the other side. You can see it in the group shot above angling to leeft of main cola(front right plant) It is kinda like the plant was topped at birth :sasmokin: All three of these are just doing great. All three have really filled out well...and again, are covered with frosting.

B

buzzed day

this bud came out to be 8 grams and is purplecruhs/blackdomian and is sticky and sweet and it last about 2-3 hours cool peace and all looks good

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Great show you guys :woohoo:

My current grow
3 master kush from nirvana
1 Chrystal from nirvana
400w hps
soil and canna nutes

R00KIE

Hehe, thanks Mobius....
I'll have a few more pics soon...
Gonna play with my loupe tonight... :D

G

Icetoker...

Was thjat you in the new High Times? Sure looks familar :smile:

Obli

ICE NICE PLANTS...WHEN WERE THEY PUT INTO FLOWER, THEY LOOK TO BE NICE SMALL PLANTS WITH A HUGE COLA...ARE THEY TRAINED AT ALL...NICE WORK...

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:kewlpics: MY 400watt MH i had to make abit higher 1 meter cause due these day's temp the MH put more heat & i ended up with heatstress on my 5 (26day) plants,cause when i made it 20 inches above the growroom temp reached fuckin 100f :yoinks: I'm told that HPS puts less heat but can switch 400 MH bulb with a 400 HPS one ???? or i'll have to buy the whole HPS system???? THO THE BULB LOOK THE SAME :confused:

Last edited:

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Yes it was my Northern Lights in HT oblidio. The plants are topped once and trained as needed. They were vegged for 45 days from seed(i grow in extreme low temps in the winter, which slows things down a bit). There are 3 Master Kush and one Chrystal(the tall one in the back).

Last edited:
G

StonedGrunt55 said:
:kewlpics: MY 400watt MH i had to make abit higher 1 meter cause due these day's temp the MH put more heat & i ended up with heatstress on my 5 (26day) plants,cause when i made it 20 inches above the growroom temp reached fuckin 100f :yoinks: I'm told that HPS puts less heat but can switch 400 MH bulb with a 400 HPS one ???? or i'll have to buy the whole HPS system???? THO THE BULB LOOK THE SAME :confused:

IMO HPS puts out less heat because most HPS buls are more efficient than MH bulbs.

You cannot switch to HPS unless your ballast is designed for both types of bulbs. Some ballasts are "switchable" for that purpose. Make sure what kind of ballast you have before trying a HPS with it.

Which is the reason I bought an electronic ballast for my 400Watt system. I can use any 400-430 watts bulb in it. It also runs very cool, makes NO noise, and operates my lamps at 95%+ efficiency....meaning less heat and more light for my 400 watts of input power. It is blue in color and name is "Future-Brite Model MH-HPS 400Watt".

Works like a charm. Another advantage of electronic over magentic ballasts is restarting after an unexpected shutdown. No problem with an electronic ballast. It starts back up automatically when it is safe to do so.

I don't know why anyone buys magnetic ballasts for 400 watt systems unless they are just dirt poor and don't mind the noise...but each to his own :sasmokin:

Good luck with it and thanks for your compliments on my grow pages. My plants are doing sooooo well and getting close to chopping time :woohoo:

Obli

PS

Must be fucking HOT where you are. I never had my 400 watt MH or HPS more than 12 inches from top of plants. Just lately are my grow temps getting consistently above 80F. most of the time its 70's high 60's at night.

Last edited:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Oblidio49 said:
IMO HPS puts out less heat because most HPS buls are more efficient than MH bulbs.

You cannot switch to HPS unless your ballast is designed for both types of bulbs. Some ballasts are "switchable" for that purpose. Make sure what kind of ballast you have before trying a HPS with it.

Which is the reason I bought an electronic ballast for my 400Watt system. I can use any 400-430 watts bulb in it. It also runs very cool, makes NO noise, and operates my lamps at 95%+ efficiency....meaning less heat and more light for my 400 watts of input power. It is blue in color and name is "Future-Brite Model MH-HPS 400Watt".

Works like a charm. Another advantage of electronic over magentic ballasts is restarting after an unexpected shutdown. No problem with an electronic ballast. It starts back up automatically when it is safe to do so.

I don't know why anyone buys magnetic ballasts for 400 watt systems unless they are just dirt poor and don't mind the noise...but each to his own :sasmokin:

Good luck with it and thanks for your compliments on my grow pages. My plants are doing sooooo well and getting close to chopping time :woohoo:

Obli

PS

Must be fucking HOT where you are. I never had my 400 watt MH or HPS more than 12 inches from top of plants. Just lately are my grow temps getting consistently above 80F. most of the time its 70's high 60's at night.
Tnkx alot obli, i didn't know about these kind of lights like HPS & MH before i started growing, i was told the MH is good for grow (its true) but only after i bought it i learned about the heat it throws & even the electronic ballast u mentioned didn't know about it till now that u told me cause if there is one thing i never got intrested in my life is electricity & stuff. 1 thing i'm thinking about is switching their day/night cycil ,i'll light them at night & switch them off during day, cause most hot weather is during the day :chin: OF COURSE ITS HOT HERE temp can rise38-40c sometimes & 2 summers ago it reached 44c :yoinks: :mad:

R00KIE

Thx, and yeah, not a rookie anymore....
Still an amateur though... :D
Got a few grows under my belt but still gettin it all together... :wink:

G

Those buds above me ARE AWESOME!! Look at the frosting on them!!

GO Rookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine have good resin but my camera is a 3.2 Mpixel one with NO damn Macro feature. My pictures don't do justice to my girls :puppydoge

Not a sign of yellow/drooping leaves yet. Hairs are a nice orange maybe 50%. Trichomes on all plants still all crystal clear. So I assume they are no where near ready yet.

I want a nice heady high, so I am harvesting when trics are say 1/3 milky 2/3 clear?

Cheers
Obli :woohoo:

But here they are on the evening of Day 51 of flower under 400 Watts

Day 51 Flower AI on the front left Ice in the back/middle and another Ice's branch leaning over in the pic from right

Ice 4 main cola, no flash I love how the colas thicken up towards the end