What's new

18/6 vs 24/0 search help

Banjoboy

I've been serching for 40 min. and haven't ound much.
Anyone compared 24 On to 18/6?
What key words should I use 18/6 didn't work vary well
helpme
BB

GI-DRO

sup

i cant assist you with the search, but i can offer some help with choosing 18/6 vs 24

go with 18/6 heres why:

all living things need rest/sleep
law of diminishing returns applies after 18hrs

i think the former is most pertinent

peace

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
They seem to veg just fine under 24/0 PLUS it seems you get the added benefit of the plants KNOWING they should be flowering once you hit them with 12/12 or less. At least that's how it seems from my experiences. I find there is a little "lag" in the flower onset from 18/6 compared to when vegged under 24/0

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I used 24/0 for the first and second grows, but then I saw someone that did a pretty good comparison of veg times. They used all the same clone, and did some with 24/0, some with 20/4, some with 18/6, and maybe one other timing. The ones that vegged with 20/4 yielded the most, so that's what I use. The only difference it is to me is I have to plug the timer in for veg too, not too big of a deal.

Sorry I don't have that comparison, I think it was on another forum somewhere and I have no idea where to start looking. If anyone else has seen it maybe they can post it.

G

GI-DRO said:
sup

i cant assist you with the search, but i can offer some help with choosing 18/6 vs 24

go with 18/6 heres why:

all living things need rest/sleep
law of diminishing returns applies after 18hrs

i think the former is most pertinent

peace

Explain how the law of diminishing returns would apply after 18 hours... especially with a plant that can only grow with the lights on? (photosynthesis...) 24/0... thats 6 more hours of growth potential per day, so to speak...

Indica Sativa said:
Explain how the law of diminishing returns would apply after 18 hours... especially with a plant that can only grow with the lights on? (photosynthesis...) 24/0... thats 6 more hours of growth potential per day, so to speak...

and 6 more hours of electricity that doesn't give you near the returns that it did in the first 18 hrs .. thats diminishing returns on your electric bill= enviroment + wallet

then add in benefits of 18 or 20 hr. and its not much of a decision

GI-DRO

GorillaGrower said:
and 6 more hours of electricity that doesn't give you near the returns that it did in the first 18 hrs .. thats diminishing returns on your electric bill= enviroment + wallet

then add in benefits of 18 or 20 hr. and its not much of a decision

thanks gorilla for answering that

G

my plants are happier on 18/6 than they are 24 hrs...it took my stuburned ass a long time to realize this..
Banjoboy said:
I've been serching for 40 min. and haven't ound much.
Anyone compared 24 On to 18/6?
What key words should I use 18/6 didn't work vary well
helpme
BB

gunnaknow

bounty29 said:
I used 24/0 for the first and second grows, but then I saw someone that did a pretty good comparison of veg times. They used all the same clone, and did some with 24/0, some with 20/4, some with 18/6, and maybe one other timing. The ones that vegged with 20/4 yielded the most, so that's what I use. The only difference it is to me is I have to plug the timer in for veg too, not too big of a deal.

Sorry I don't have that comparison, I think it was on another forum somewhere and I have no idea where to start looking. If anyone else has seen it maybe they can post it.

Hi Bounty, perhaps you were referring to a post on another forum by Oldtimer1? He tested veg light cycles on different sativas. The best veg light cycle for indicas and crosses might be different, however. Here are his findings...

We did a lot of experiments with light times a few years back using known sat and sat dom clone lines.

With Vegging ie under hid lights.

20/4 produced the most sturdy growth and the most bulk. Best final yield, taken as 100%.
22/2 Less of both. yield 88%
18/6 Studier than 22/2 but slightly less bulk. yield 87%
24/0 Much lighter in all aspects than 18/6. Yield 79%
16/8 The weediest plants. yield 67%

Plants vegged to final pots under fluorescents at 20w per sq ft on 18/6 yield 49%

Have not tried 36 hrs dark but did try 48 hrs from 18/6 veg. The final yield was down between 15 and 20% by var the pure sats the biggest loss in final weight and caused the odd herm, [sats] it did reduce the flowering time by 5 to 8 days.

For the mum lines we have 20/4 to 12/12 gives the best crop weight and bud quality, really thats all I’m interested in.

gunnaknow

For god sake!! I just clicked on the link someone pasted above and someone has already pasted the same information from Oldtimer1 in the thread in the link. I spent 15 minutes searching for the original post by Oldtimer1, which is on uk420.com, only to find out that someone has already posted a link above to a thread where the information from Oltimer1 has already been pasted. It really makes me look like an idiot, so I had to explain here that I didn't just take the same literature from the link above, I went over to the original source on UK420 and searched for Oldtimer1's old posts for 15 minutes! Sigh!

Here it is.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?s=&showtopic=35728&view=findpost&p=334916

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts