What's new

Land race KUSH.. WHO?

P

pSi007

Most of us cannasmokers know about the hindu-kush region of pakistan and afghanistan and their wild indicas. Recently, there has been note to the african KUSH region and their KUSH sativas...

Anyone know the difference why we call some sativas, "KUSH" as well as some indicas, "KUSH"?

I see people fighting over the fact that KUSH is indica or sativa.. personally, I think some people have bad mapping to blame.

Indica Kush, most likely originates from pakistan and afghanistan and some parts of indian.

Sativa Kush comes from africa and may be a few other places..

In the old language, Kush means life or some shit, i forget.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Africa??
kushites is the word... :rasta:
funny shit jejeje!! :wink:

P

pSi007

yar, there is a Kush region in africa..

I`m still puzzled why some people are calling as kush being a sativa. Is that african sativa, or am I stupid, wait.. Who is stupid? lolol...

:rasta:

who said that? never heard kush mentioned when talking about african cannabis..

I've read a bit about the kingdom of kush but never heard anyone call cannabis from africa kush.

M

medical_shed

Nope never heard of that either. Landrace kush would be from hindu kush region when talking about cannabis. It would be interesting to get an African kush craze going.

Doesn't kush mean 'killer'?

Last edited:
S

sir_NiceGuy

There would definitely be bounties of awesome strains growing in the vast regions the Kush civilizations occupied during their time (ie. all of Africa & parts of both Asia & Europe). Other than that, I haven't the foggiest about African Kush cannabis.
Peace.

ndnguy

Since we are talking about mapping how bout showing me on a map the kush region of Africa????? Who says the region in afganistan and Kush and Paki has no Sativa plants??? :nono:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
pSi007 said:
I see people fighting over the fact that KUSH is indica or sativa.. personally, I think some people have bad mapping to blame.

Indica Kush, most likely originates from pakistan and afghanistan and some parts of indian.

Many landrace kushes even have quite thin leaves late into flower. They're most likely a mixed race of afghani indicas and local wild sativas.. Leaning towards the ghani side. Never heard of an african kush though..

Kinderfeld

medical_shed said:
Doesn't kush mean 'killer'?

I always kush meant submissive,relaxed as in an adjectives in describing 'cali kush'. Cause thats what it'll do to ya. Real kush I have no idea, besides the obvious geographical ones.

Last edited:
M

medical_shed

The name Hindu Kush is usually applied to the whole of the range separating the basins of the Kabul, and Helmand rivers from that of the Amu Darya (or ancient Oxus), or more specifically, to that part of the range to the northwest of Kabul.

The origin of the term "Hindu Kush" is a point of contention. The folk etymological explanations range from 'killer of Hindu'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_kush

That's what I meant.

P

pSi007

Thule said:
Many landrace kushes even have quite thin leaves late into flower. They're most likely a mixed race of afghani indicas and local wild sativas.. Leaning towards the ghani side. Never heard of an african kush though..

many people who think of, "KUSH" think of the hindu-kush region of afghanistan and pakistan. I know for a fact, outdoor sativas simply do not have the quick bloom time needed to mature and produce seeds in the mountain areas of Hindu-Kush. they are all indicas, or, they have a majority of indica genetics.

there is a african kush region near the Nile. Kush, is maybe 300 miles away from Egypt, south east. sativas grow there.

Kush means, life/death.. lol my ancient translation is a little off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kush
this is the african Kush region.

Kabong

the way i understood it is this: the region has variable weather, the line have variable origins and there are bound to be unwanted introductions. nevertheless it seems there are "sativa" and "indica" "kushes" our idea of a sativa and indica starts coming into question here. sativa is possibly only skin deep in reguards to kush. i have heard the regions variable weather would require the line to contain variable forms..... some distant part of the world is always bein touched by another...

Gert Lush

Veteran
green_grow said:
where i live, everything is called "kush".
LOL

Don't feel bad about it, mate, where I live everything is called "skunk". :D
Including Kush. Or should I say, especially Kush.

I don't think there's any point paying attention to street names for weed. Most of the time they are chucked about by people that are fairly clueless. I'm being polite here. :wink:

L

levant

Thule said:

I think this sums it up nicely - there are wild early flowering sativa's
in the kush region.
When we talk about kush in regards to weed it's always the
Hindu kush mountain range not Africa.

Gert Lush - Can I guess you live in England? (LOL)

M

Mossad

Uh ya, EVOLUTION MAN!

Really, what didn't wonder out of Africa came around before. I am pretty certian most of the ganja came out of africa with us during our wonderings.

Hindu-Kush evolved to the cold region that this plant is known to grow; a huge area of Mountains and valleys. A very deadly area, still to this day you don't want to wonder without armed guards and some intel about local hostilities. Bin Laden seems to wonder this area in his old age and when he was fighting the soviets, a ruff historical area today and way back over the ancient times.

So death has many ways of working to describe this strain, but mostly that it is a strong plant and has evolved to grow in a cold climate when the end of it's life cycle is near.

Kush also means rest, that is what death is seen as being; a deep rest!

Mostly, there are so many pheno-types that you could make several landrace kush varieties. The leaf structure to compact and protect from cold is the leading characteristic as well as compact swallon buds to protect from frost.

I've seen a lot of versions of cali kush that are more sativa and the nice clones are very chunky and that is what kush should be...keeping inline with what you call it.

I was sold a bag of schwagg about a year ago and the young kid that road with me to get hooked up was like ya man it's some nugs and they have kush and something else and I was like oh ya I am stupid. Well, it was two african american boys selling schwagg out front of an apartment building and calling it kush, didn't even way an eight and it wasn't for any less than fifty. WTF, I was pissed man; I didn't hesitate to use a racist term that actually means ignorant. Cruel yes, but that was what their deed called for; maybe actually know how street terms came to be.

All pot is not created equal and either are people, pick up a book and do something more than lingo. I don't even bother putting myself outthere in person to educate about all the drug plants and the complexities anymore, people are to happy being stupid.

Not that I need to drive through detroit and play that game, this was some kind of goof troop that travels around from cities to play head games with small town folk that "don't know shit" and REALLY DO!

Well, at least I didn't give them some free crystal! LIke a explosive peroxide, maybe they should learn that everything isn't a hustle....I hate people like that and have a few that used to be "friends" that need hit in the face by a text book.

Ya I am evil and kush means that to me as well, having some appeal and sharing little so they learn to listen. People can breed nice kushes of a different mix and have the same chunky resin colored appeal of the orginal phat ass OG and Bubba's.

My 2 cents

I don't think they are sativas but once were, obviously Africa had a lot of mutations as things passed around...look at white people and asians! Why wouldn't weed adapt to an environment to suite a being best?

So indica and sativa really has to do more with how long a being has been somewhere and living with certian conditions. There is obviously some middle ground between sativa and indica genetics, perhaps we just have ways of talking about features and become confused by direct meaning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts