What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good price to ask when selling equipment on CL?

hey guys, i've been trying to determine a good asking price for equipment on craigslist.

buddy of mine is a junk hauler and saved from the dump a bunch of 1000w lumatek ballasts, some 1000w xtrasun ballasts, some hydrofarm radiant 8" vent reflectors, and bulbs. everything looks unused since they are still in their boxes and we were going to put them on craigslist but don't know how much is a reasonable price to ask for them.

i do know the lumateks retail around $400, but that's with a warranty and all that stuff, so what should they sell for on craigslist? whole setups?

thanks

AndreNicky

dontstepongrass said:
be careful with CL...

I second this, i love craigslist alot but don't ever let yourself become a target. this includes cops and people looking to rob u, I got robbed about 3 weeks ago for a xbox360 i was tryin to sell on craigslist(mostly my fault for being very stupid :bashhead: ).

how would you possibly get robbed off CL unless they know where you live? i've sold many random things off CL and ALWAYS met the person somewhere other than my house and then took the long way home being sure not to be followed. stuff is at a storage unit anyways and there is no way they are getting in there unless they can get past the gates, locks, and security cams.

i just want to know how much they should sell for. trying to make some $ to pay off dump truck but make sure they sell quickly, too. was thinking 500 for a complete setup. too much/low?

BicFlicker

Not sure about the prices for you, but... You should take even more caution with CL now, because if leo is around here, they now know what you're selling, where you'll be trying to sell it, and coming soon...how much you'll be selling it for. Just saying, be very careful. Just make sure wherever you meet whoever may buy from you, they can't see your license plates, drivers license, and definitely not your house...assuming you grow there that is.

NPK

If you want to move the equipment fast, charge half the retail price and emphasize that the savings will be even greater with no sales tax. Be warned, though: I tried to sell something recently on craigslist (have bought and sold a fair amount of equipment with no problem), and they've instituted a phone authorization system. The system totally sucks, doesn't even work unless they've gotten the bugs out since I tried to post my ad a few days back. Gotta be screwing up a lot of people who make their living running ads on CL.

Latest posts

Latest posts