What's new

is this a hermie????

the green toad

Newbie, help please, see photos, one of my plants is starting to develop balls, some look like male flowers others have a pistil poking out, The plant has been in flower about 3 weeks. If this is a hermie will it produce pollen and fertilise my other females? Can i cut the balls of any continue to flower the plant.

They are some bagseed that have been growing outside in household compost and im forcing them to flower.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

trying to upload photos, got them in my gallery but it wont let me add to this post, says remove urls from your post, advice about getting photos on your posts would also be appreciated.

Igignokt

sounds hermie. some buds can look hermie but it's just their appearance, but given these were from bagseed its a lot more probable that they're hermie

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
You may need to have more posts before adding photos.
Can a herm pollinate other females in room? Yes.
Can you cut the balls off and still flower? Yes, BUT you must do this 3x/weeks and it is VERY likely you will still miss some and get seeds anyway.

It's your call on whether the bud weight (will be seeded) from that plant is worht risking seeds. How important is sensi to you? Will you be satisfied even if you have to de-seed before smoking?

the green toad

if its hermie, what can i do, is it chop it down or can it be used. will removing the balls stop it pollinating the other females?

sorry hadnt read the last post!

Last edited:

the green toad

thanks for the help, have brought the hermie indoors, away from the other girls in the greenhouse, cut off all balls i can see and gonna keep it inside for a little while and see what happens. just for the experience.

thanks again.

PharmaCan

Veteran
Take a look at Dutch Master's "Reverse". It will stop the balls from forming and prevent the buds from seeding.

PC

the_dungeon

PharmaCan said:
Take a look at Dutch Master's "Reverse". It will stop the balls from forming and prevent the buds from seeding.

PC

Hi . I believe i might also have a hermi and was interested in doing this ^

I searched all over the threads.. and used the search but couldnt find it...do you happen to have the link saved???