What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

air roots vs. water roots

U

ureapwhatusow

A hydro store in my area is run by a guy who is pretty pprogressive in the hydro field, not our niche market, but some intersting stuff nonetheless

He wrote a book on hydroponics that was pretty good. it actually shows you how to build every type of hydro system with parts list and good instruction, far better than any other gardening book ive ever seen

One of the things he discusses, that I havent seen here (forgive me if this is redundant)

Air roots vs. Water Roots

Air roots (ont the right) have fine hairs (soil and rocckwool ppl will be familiar with the sight of the fuzzy hair roots)

water roots, liek the ones in an ebb and flow table look like spagetti

the author claims that running a system that supports air roots (fuzzy roots) promotes the growth of these fine root hairs which exponentially increase their surface area and the diffusion rate of Oxygen, water and nutrition.

He has mist systems, but i havent heard of anyone working in this manner, and if it coudl top aeroponics for growth rate

he makes some more observations about these root systems.

it is interesting none the less

he has cactus tanks in the store growing with foggers, never seen cactus grow that fast

G

Growing with foggers was the big thing, for about 5 minutes a couple years ago. Folks had a hell of a time keeping the fog at optimum levels so the plants took to it without dying of dehydration. Also, diffusing fertilizer proved to be difficult and could cause the ultrasonic foggers to clog.

I tried cloning using the ultrasonic fogger method - lost all cuttings. Used to be promising though. Would like to hear others experiences.

U

ureapwhatusow

strainwhore said:
Growing with foggers was the big thing, for about 5 minutes a couple years ago. Folks had a hell of a time keeping the fog at optimum levels so the plants took to it without dying of dehydration. Also, diffusing fertilizer proved to be difficult and could cause the ultrasonic foggers to clog.

I tried cloning using the ultrasonic fogger method - lost all cuttings. Used to be promising though. Would like to hear others experiences.

he runs foggers 24/7 in his shop and it looks amazzing root systems vegatative growth everything

the fogging unit is 400$ his fogging tables are convereted ebb and flow tables i runa few of them, small but well built at a fair price

IMO with the growth rate you acheive with aeroponics and water roots, where you going? Are you going to see any lifechanging difference in growth

True to my name, advances in marijuana horticulture at this point of the game hinge alot on genetics

his misting stuff is here: http://www.futuregarden.com/hydroponics/systems_nutramist.html

h remarkets alot of stuff.

his nutrients (I heard engineered by GH) did not go over well in the local gorw community by me, but he doesnt target this market he targets the mass market (flowers, veggies etc) I woulld nto recommend those products at all

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts