What's new

Final Topping Time

Grunt

Hey Guys, I haven't grown outdoors since the 80s and I've kinda forgotten some critical info. I'm running T. Wreck, Original OG Kush, D-39 and Original Haze x Sk#1. Mostly it's the Wreck and OG Kush. I need to know just when these two strains start flowering. I like to make my last topping 3 to 4 wks before stacking starts so as to allow adequate time to grow out cola length tops. The last time I grew outdoors was in Lake Isabella. I was still using bag seed and the stacking began around July 15. Indoors the Wreck is a 54 dayer and the OG is a 60 to 65 day crop. These were all moved outdoors 1 to 2 weeks ago and I just stabbed 'em today. I'm still in central Cali. I know that the 20 or 21st of June is the longest day of the year so I'm kinda figurin' that I should do it in the next couple a days. Whatdya think?

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Sweet man i got family in Lake Isabella. The climate is a lot different then the eighties now though. When you say OG do you mean OG Kush? If you wanna top i would do it while they are in veg of course. Try maybe supercropping its a lil less stressful on the plants and gets good results.

Lucky 7

I say go . . . I topped mine yesterday; they are 3 to 4 wks with 3 and 4 nodes. From your position, I think your right on . . . of course I've been wrong before.

There was that one time . . .

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
The earlyer the better when it comes to topping.. the later the less they will bulk up colas as you know...
so id say do it right now or forget it.. its actually a bit late in my opinion.. but still possible..

good luck in the great outdoors!

Lucky 7

In the past I've started too soon (for my very small op) & ended with giant plants that needed metal framework to support!

This yr we're going later, that way the plants won't get so big. (I don't need much)

Peace everybody! And beware the Friday 13th curse!!!

Grunt

OK so I supercropped some, I topped some and I left some untouched. So I should be safe all the way around. Thanx alot for the input.