What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Received some clones in the mail

G

If you should receive some like this, here's what I did to save them.

They came out looking OK, if a lot droopy from the water saturation

First, I prewet the small cups of soil and then dig a hole big enough for the roots. Put it in loosely and cover so the stem sits upright. Pretty straighforward stuff.

I let the leaves fully dry out before exposing them to fluoro light, and the exposure they do get should be gradual over the course of a couple of days to give the roots time to strike. Full exposure on day three should be OK.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recently recieved some clones that looked almost identical to those. Two already had roots and two did not . The two that had roots I placed in very wet potting soil with no nutrients and put under a flourescent light , the two without roots I placed into a grow cube and put in the cloning tray under also under flouros. Im happy to say that within a few hours all cuttings and clones had perked up and are looking great . Good informative post, with a little tlc its not a problem to ship plants over long distances. Ive had cuttings spend a holiday weekend in the post office, with a little love a flourescent light and a cloning tray they can all survive ! not a problem

R

Ronley

I am curious, From where did the closes come from and what were its destination,
(name of country is fine- without having to go into too much detail).

How long were they in transit? and what did the packaging look like? I have not seen the offer of clones for sale on the seed bank sites, but then perhaps I did not surf them well enough.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just as a follow up on my clones i recieved that looked very similar to the pic at the top the thread.... the ones with roots are growing in soil great now and moving under the 1k mh and the cuts are just bustin roots in the clone dome and will be in soil by sunday or monday :)4 for 4 can't complain :)

toofat

This is interesting. I didn't know you could ship bare root clones. Can this be done with any strain? :confused:

R

rule35sub1

toofat, i think you can ship bare root clones as long as it is dark in the packaging.