What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gophers

Outdoor_love

How oes one grow on the ground in a small gh,when theres a whole bunch of gofers around? i was thinking of a raised bed,any ideas?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Gopher gassers. Find their run,light one, place in tunnel, cover, and unleash chemical warfare upon them.

4_afdadfafd.jpg

HookaHittaH

Road flares lit, thrown in their holes then cover the hole with dirt. It will suffocate them and they'll die. You can also see where the holes go to cus smoke will start coming out the other entrances. Don't worry the flare wont go out when buried either. Sometimes the lil bastard will come running out. .22 cal will take care of them too ha.

trybud

road flare and then a nice watering of Grants gopher repellant worked for me last year. still got my biggest tomato plants and stunted my peppers before i was told this remedy.

tokinjoe

Go online and do a search for the conibear trap. You set the trap, stick it in their hole and when the gopher goes through it, it snaps shut on his neck and body. Sounds gruesome to some but they're dead and the trap can be used for yearsto come. I still use the same two I bought 25 years ago. You will need a 180 size for groundhogs. If they don't have the 180 the 220 will work just fine. No way in hell the gopher can come out of his hole and not go through it. Also, my father in law swears by putting lye in the hole. I've never tried it but he says they get it on their feet and lick it off and it kills them. I've never tried it but he swears it works. .22 is definitely more fun though. Good luck bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts