What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedling Light Sched.

veen

Seedlings just sprouted above ground.. When should the switch from the T5's being on 24 hrs to something like a 18/6 or 17/7 schedule?

THANKS! :wave:

Oh, and in any of yous' opinion out there, how long should seedlings be kept in a seedling tray filled with individual coco pellets? until the 3rd set of true leaves maybe?
Thank you all so very much once again :headbange

Last edited:

NaT805

I start my seedlings in a small rockwool cube and when I see roots (~7 days) coming out I transfer them into a big rockwool cube and water with weak nutrient solution manually (3 days) then will transfer them out of seedling tray into my drip system with a stronger nutrient solution.

So mine are in the tray for 10-15 days. I keep them under 24 hours of light during that time and change it to 18/6 to veg in the drip system.

veen

NaT805 said:
I start my seedlings in a small rockwool cube and when I see roots (~7 days) coming out I transfer them into a big rockwool cube and water with weak nutrient solution manually (3 days) then will transfer them out of seedling tray into my drip system with a stronger nutrient solution.

So mine are in the tray for 10-15 days. I keep them under 24 hours of light during that time and change it to 18/6 to veg in the drip system.

NaT805.. By keeping them under 24 hours light does that not raise the tendencies for them to be male rather than female? would it hurt do you think to put them on a 18/6 schedule?
Thank you for the response :jump:

LatinThug

I keep my veg on 24 hrs constantly....i dont think it really affects the male to female ratio as i usually get a 50/50, i think it is just one of those factors like light type, tap root depth, wind, etc.

I do notice that growth is really slow on a 24 hr schedule. i dont have an extra timer so it has to suffice. but if you can do switch em to 18/6

dkmonk

leave it on 24 hours until your done veging them then switch over to 12/12. Second question once they have established a good root system.